The World News Media

Please Write ... even if it's only a Dollar !

James Thomas Rook Jr.

Just a note to say I am taking at least a  one year vacation from the JW-Archive and its successors starting this Sunday night, December 30, 2018.

I have been gathering data to write a series of Science Fiction Novels for over 30 years, and my wife will need the money after I go up the chimney.

Besides, I have been on for something like seven years, and it has evolved GREATLY from the silly pablum it started out as, so my irritant is no longer needed.

I will still get emails of course, when somebody posts something. 

If Robert A. Heinlein can turn out his masterpiece "Starship Troopers" in one week, on a typewriter ... and he did  ... while infuriated by Nikita Khrushchev banging his shoe on the table at the United Nations, I, with a word processor and Dragon Naturally Speaking voice to text software ought to, with practice, emulate that.

I intend to "write by the pound", six hours a day, five days a week.

I may even get up every morning, , and put on a suit and tie before sitting down at my workstations.

Hahahahahaa!

Just kidding.

• Views 391
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a note to say I am taking at least a  one year vacation from the JW-Archive and its successors starting this Sunday night, December 30, 2018. I have been gathering data to write a series of

On 12/29/2018 at 3:24 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Just a note to say I am taking at least a  one year vacation from the JW-Archive and its successors starting this Sunday night, December 30, 2018.

I have been gathering data to write a series of Science Fiction Novels for over 30 years, and my wife will need the money after I go up the chimney.

Besides, I have been on for something like seven years, and it has evolved GREATLY from the silly pablum it started out as, so my irritant is no longer needed.

I will still get emails of course, when somebody posts something. 

If Robert A. Heinlein can turn out his masterpiece "Starship Troopers" in one week, on a typewriter ... and he did  ... while infuriated by Nikita Khrushchev banging his shoe on the table at the United Nations, I, with a word processor and Dragon Naturally Speaking voice to text software ought to, with practice, emulate that.

I intend to "write by the pound", six hours a day, five days a week.

I may even get up every morning, , and put on a suit and tie before sitting down at my workstations.

Hahahahahaa!

Just kidding.

Do you really mean you are leaving us.  Does that mean we should shun you ?  Or have you been disfellowshipped from here ? Come on, what did you do wrong, what sin did you commit ? You couldn't be leaving of your own choice, it's not allowed you know. 

Sorry just my impression of the JW Org coming through there. 

Bye then have fun :) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.