Jump to content

Autopsy: Prince Died Of Overdose Of Fentanyl


The Librarian
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Member

unnamed.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) — Autopsy results show that Prince died of a self-administered overdose of Fentanyl, and his death was ruled accidental.

The 57-year-old singer was found dead April 21 at his Minneapolis-area estate. The findings confirm suspicions that opioids played a role in the musician’s death.

After he died, authorities began reviewing whether an overdose was to blame and whether he had been prescribed drugs in the preceding weeks.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Fentanyl is more potent than morphine, and is “sometimes used to treat people with chronic pain who are physically tolerant to opiates.”

The autopsy report released by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office listed his weight at the time of death as 112 pounds.

An attorney said Prince had agreed to an intervention for painkiller addiction the day before he died.

Prince’s death came less than a week after his plane made an emergency stop in Moline, Illinois, for medical treatment as he was returning from an Atlanta concert. The Associated Press and other media reported, based on anonymous sources, that Prince was found unconscious on the plane, and first responders gave him a shot of Narcan, an antidote used in suspected opioid overdoses. 

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/06/02/prince-autopsy-death-toxicology/

See main post:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Views 2.4k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted Images

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.