Bible Speaks

• Views 2.5k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@James Thomas Rook Jr.  You're  right !  In  the  Bible  also  very  less  pictures.... But  sometimes  its  nice  with an  apposite  picture,  I  think   Women  little  different !  But  decidin

@JW Insider I was away today Assembly time. Some I had already erased. I got this 3 years ago read it and deleted some. I will only use quotations from links for information. I think this person, woma

@Witness I understand "obedience to the GB/elders" to be more of a "organizational and keeping the congregation moraly clean" nature rather than what the apostle Paul was talking about in context whic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Bible Speaks said:

God's word says: "You must not have any other gods besides me.You must not make.. a carved image.. not bow down to them nor be enticed to serve them." (Exodus 20:3-5) While Jesus Christ said, "God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship in spirit and truth."-John 4:23,24

Symbols are very, very important to the human mind ... people are inspired by them, and in following their own self-inspiration, whether it be a simple red circle on a white background, a rotating black scythe on a field of white and red, or a field of white stars on a blue background, flanked by thirteen red and white stripes, or an array of  simple JW.ORG flags all around, and inside an Assembly grounds in Fribourg, Switzerland, they are always used to seduce humans, many times by people with the very BEST of intentions, as well as evil men.

JW flags Fribourg Switzerland.jpg

tumblr_ol84mxmnmo1s865f6o1_540.jpg

8 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

No.

It is the scriptures and reality that caught my attention ... not an artist's graphic.

@James Thomas Rook Jr. Sometimes pictures can have other meanings I understand, as an artist I try to use graphics that bring scriptural thoughts. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Some pictures above I don't understand? Are they cultural, meaning part of their country's way of advertising jw.org?

???

17 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

When threatened and under pressure, Apostle Peter with the other apostles had a strong conviction: "We must obey God as ruler rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

"We must obey God as ruler rather than men." (Acts 5:29) I am seeing many references to this scripture in comments by JWs, regarding the Russian news; I am guessing it is promoted by elders during meetings.

Does this only pertain to governmental authorities? 

“One way that you can examine yourself is to ask such questions as: ‘Do I pray regularly? When others encourage me to do wrong, do I obey God as ruler rather than men? Do I attend meetings regularly? Am I bold in speaking about my beliefs? Do I forgive the mistakes my brothers make, just as I want them to forgive me? Do I obey the elders in my congregation and also those who care for the worldwide congregation?’  ws14 9/15 pp. 9-14

Clearly, this is indicating that elders must not be the men that Acts 5:29 refers to, which is why they have the authority to judge another.

“Jehovah has trained elders in his methods of judging. He has authorized them to represent him in handling problems in the congregation. “  jr chap. 12 pp. 140-153

If this is true, then who is in error, Paul or the Watchtower?

“Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.”  Rom 14:4

Is James the one who speaks against God’s decision to allow elders to judge?

“Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.  There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?” James 4:11,12

w02 3/15 pp. 13-18 “How can we display our gratitude and esteem for the older men—elders, or overseers—in the congregation? Paul answers: “Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive.” (Hebrews 13:17) Yes, we are to obey them and be submissive, to yield, to them.

Rom 6:16 KJV - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

“Servants” – “A slave, therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency

Paul was a stellar leader, teaching in the truth about Christ.  James words show he too, was effectively leading others in truth, as well as Peter who spoke the words in Acts 5:29. Did any of them expect others to be their slaves?  They heeded Christ’s words:

“Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them.  Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,  and whoever wants to be first must be your slave  just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matt 20:25-28 

These scriptures tie in neatly with the leadership of the organization.  The GB, spiritual “Jews” and the “high officials”, exercise authority over the “rulers”, elder body, of the “Gentiles - the majority of JWs.  If we have the capability to “lord it over” another, we have the ability to judge another, something which the great leaders taught by Christ admonished against.

All congregants are expected to be yielding, obeying, submissive slaves (verified by scripture) of the elders, which is a sin.  Why? Because they are men.

“You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men.”  1 Cor 7:23

NKJV of Rom 6:16-18- Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?  But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.  And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness

Slaves are under the rulership of another.  While we are to serve only Christ, an entire elder body stands in the way.    Eph 6:6,Col 3:24,1 Peter 2:16 

“The elders in our congregation use their personal time to work hard for us. When we think about all that they do, our love and appreciation for them grows. We would never want them to lose their joy or become frustrated because of something we do. Instead, we want to obey willingly. This way we “give them extraordinary consideration in love because of their work. ws16 January pp. 3-8 

“For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.”  Gal 1:10

Jesus said no one can serve two masters, thus we are only to obey God as ruler, rather than men, in the manner that He expects.   Matt 6:24

4 hours ago, Eoin Joyce said:

How do you apply this?

NWT – “Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over you as those who will render an account, so that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to you.”  Heb 13:17

Unless someone comes up with the same wording highlighted above, this is generally how it is translated:

“ Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.” NIV

No one should “take” the lead as it is given through Christ, since this scripture refers to the Body of Christ and its arrangement; with its original intention referring to the foundation of this Body  Eph 2:20-22; 4:11; 1 Cor 12:7-31

As I have mentioned, Paul and the apostles are our examples as to how this is accomplished.

The elder body is a counterfeit leadership/priesthood appointed on scriptural guidelines, while the anointed priesthood is appointed by Holy Spirit.  Thus, the elder body insists on “slavery” while the early apostles didn’t. 

“Those related to us in the faith certainly merit honor and respect. This is especially true of the elders who are taking the lead”. w17 March pp. 8-12

1 Cor 1:12-14;John 7:17,18; Matt 23:12 

Surely it must seem curiously revealing for the NWT to translate Heb 13:17 as “take the lead”.  How true it is.   Eze 22:26; 44:6-9; Rev 11:2