The World News Media

FEMALE Nose rings - Would You Wear One? –??‍????‍????‍?

Bible Speaks

FEMALE Nose rings - Would You Wear One? ??????????????

Rebecca, who married Isaac,                      wore a nose ring. What you think? 

NOSE RING

An ornamental ring worn on the nose. It was inserted either through the left or the right side of the nose or through the partition separating the nostrils and was especially worn by women. (Ge 24:22, 30, 47; Isa 3:21) Ishmaelite men, however, according to some translations, also wore nose rings.—Jg 8:24-26.

??????????????

The Hebrew word for “nose ring” (ne?zem) can also be applied to an earring, and in some cases, there may have been little difference in the forms of these ornaments. Sometimes the context makes it possible to determine whether a nose ring or an earring is meant.—Compare Ge 24:47 with Ge 35:4; Eze 16:12; see RING.

??????????????

Though nose rings were generally made of gold, other materials, such as silver, were also used. Nose rings might be ornamented with beads, pieces of coral, or jewels, suspended from them as small pendants. The diameter of nose rings varied from 2.5 to as much as 7.5 cm (1 to 3 in.). Hanging down over the mouth as it did, the nose ring had to be moved when eating.

??????????????

At Proverbs 11:22 an outwardly beautiful woman who rejects sensibleness is compared to “a gold nose ring in the snout of a pig.” - Bible Speaks -

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003277?q=nose+rings&p=par

4AAC2049-C155-4C9E-81A2-E9F914BFEB6A.jpeg

F6A2AE26-5B7B-4C63-91AE-DECEA23D1103.jpeg

E392DA9D-B6AF-4C61-963F-AEB14422182D.jpeg

• Views 1k
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I wouldn't. And the third picture looks especially unappealing to me. However, for the Christian so inclined it really should depend upon how it is viewed by those that we meet in our Christian

@David Normand Thank you for your comment. Perhaps in some lands it is widespread part of their heritage? The scripture that comes to my mind is: Christian Counsel on Personal Adornment. Jes

I saw these 3 pictures today by FB too. Terrible.... NOT nice !  Thats nothings for JW sisters,  NEVER !  No question, haha  

Posted Images

Well, I wouldn't. And the third picture looks especially unappealing to me. However, for the Christian so inclined it really should depend upon how it is viewed by those that we meet in our Christian Ministry work. Like beards or tattoos, if it detracts from our message or pushes people away from Jehovah then we might want to rethink our choice to have one. 

(1 Corinthians 10:29-33) 29 I do not mean your own conscience, but that of the other person. For why should my freedom be judged by another person’s conscience? 30 If I am partaking with thanks, why am I to be spoken of abusively over that for which I give thanks? 31 Therefore, whether you are eating or drinking or doing anything else, do all things for God’s glory. 32 Keep from becoming causes for stumbling to Jews as well as Greeks and to the congregation of God, 33 just as I am trying to please all people in all things, not seeking my own advantage, but that of the many, so that they may be saved.

23 minutes ago, David Normand said:

Well, I wouldn't. And the third picture looks especially unappealing to me. However, for the Christian so inclined it really should depend upon how it is viewed by those that we meet in our Christian Ministry work. Like beards or tattoos, if it detracts from our message or pushes people away from Jehovah then we might want to rethink our choice to have one. 

(1 Corinthians 10:29-33) 29 I do not mean your own conscience, but that of the other person. For why should my freedom be judged by another person’s conscience? 30 If I am partaking with thanks, why am I to be spoken of abusively over that for which I give thanks? 31 Therefore, whether you are eating or drinking or doing anything else, do all things for God’s glory. 32 Keep from becoming causes for stumbling to Jews as well as Greeks and to the congregation of God, 33 just as I am trying to please all people in all things, not seeking my own advantage, but that of the many, so that they may be saved.

@David Normand

Thank you for your comment. Perhaps in some lands it is widespread part of their heritage? The scripture that comes to my mind is:

Christian Counsel on Personal Adornment. Jesus and his apostles counseled constantly against putting trust in physical things and putting on a false show by means of material adornment. The apostle Paul said that Christian women should “adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive garb.” (1Ti 2:9) During the days of the apostles it was a custom among women in that world of Greek culture to go in for elaborate coiffures and other adornment. How appropriate, therefore, is Peter’s counsel to women in the Christian congregation not to put emphasis on ‘the externalbraiding of the hair and the putting on of gold ornaments or the wearing of outer garments’ but to let their adornment be, as with the faithful women of old, “the secret person of the heart in the incorruptible apparel of the quiet and mild spirit”!1Pe 3:3-5. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000117?q=external+braiding&p=par

My opinion is that “if we detract we attract”? Perhaps with wrong motives?

Agape,

?⚖️?⚖️?

I remember some counsel related to cartilage piercing a number of years back. At that time it was just getting started and now I see more and more sisters getting their ears pierced on the top and such. Have not heard any talks about that in a number of years. Sisters are still doing it and going out in service and such. Seems to have public acceptance. At least in this area. 

Same was done with ankle bracelets. Recall a talk about why sisters should avoid that. After a circuit overseers wife wore one that was the last I heard against it. 

Mainly brothers trying to impose their own fashion taste. Brothers just need to constantly be reminded that they are not the the masters of our fate as one circuit overseer phrased it. 

Cheers,

Dave

26 minutes ago, David Normand said:

I remember some counsel related to cartilage piercing a number of years back. At that time it was just getting started and now I see more and more sisters getting their ears pierced on the top and such. Have not heard any talks about that in a number of years. Sisters are still doing it and going out in service and such. Seems to have public acceptance. At least in this area. 

Same was done with ankle bracelets. Recall a talk about why sisters should avoid that. After a circuit overseers wife wore one that was the last I heard against it. 

Mainly brothers trying to impose their own fashion taste. Brothers just need to constantly be reminded that they are not the the masters of our fate as one circuit overseer phrased it. 

Cheers,

Dave

@David Normand

True, one day we might not even have shoes ? walking into the new world, never mind jewelry! What we value the most becomes us! To me I would rather have no jewelry and stay alive if I need to run. However to me, diamonds ? I have but hardly ever wear. What we value we become. To be modest in Jehovah’s eyes is more important. All the gold is Jehovah’s all the diamonds ? are His!  My life is more important than jewels or gold. Now that is more precious is it not? Showing our gold or silver or making a showy display is not what we need to cultivate. Be grounded to the earth, Jehovah and his Blessings if it’s His will that’s what will keep us alive!

Thank you for your support!

Jehovah Bless

?????

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/15/2017 at 9:45 AM, David Normand said:

Same was done with ankle bracelets. Recall a talk about why sisters should avoid that

I recall that too, one reason I was told that was that  Canaanite women wore that, people that did not serve Jehovah :D

@Nicole But in both cases, they were fads that had not caught on with majority yet and were more indicative of a rebellious attitude. As  time marched on they became more accepted to the point that it is hardly even noticed and not even commented on. Oh well, we all just need to keep our eye on the prize and keep on with the work which is assigned each one of us which is to advance Jehovah's kingdom interest. 

I personally think they are incredibly ugly .... when attached to a woman (or even a man), and is in my opinion clear and present hard evidence of neurotic insecurity in the wearer.. They are trying to hide themselves, and hide who they really are.

There is a difference between an "adornment", and a "detraction" .

That having been said, I have often thought of having a hole punched in the cartilage of my ear in the back to run wires through for a hidden earpiece connected either to a digital recorder for notes playback, or a radio transceiver in my pockets., but the operative (no pun intended) word is "hidden".

In Star Trek, the Next Generation (I will avoid that as a topic... for now .... ) The BORG had hoses all over their bodies, and even into their cheeks.  The only thing I could figure out is that it was for JW.BORG toothpaste ( Resistance is futile... you WILL be assimilated).

Forgetting ALL THEOCRATIC ISSUES ... the three pictures above are just plain ugly ... made so by the jewelry.

No man EVER in the history of civilization wrote a poem of love and adoration to a woman's facial hardware, although Ray Stevens did mention it in passing in his song "Ahab the Arab" about Fatima.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.