The World News Media

Because of insecurity, Jehovah's Witnesses no longer go out to preach

The Librarian

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-17%2Bat%2B8.11.1

They've even been mugged
June 15
Tabasco.
Due to the high levels of insecurity in the streets of Villahermosa, Jehovah's Witnesses have stopped preaching and are now using a mobile application.
It became known that many citizens fear that they will be let into their homes to receive the word of God in the face of crime, which is why they are now inviting them to download the application and explore information related to Jehovah's commands.
"In some places, we have been assaulted, they have even entered the halls of the kingdom where we are gathered, they have assaulted us, they have kidnapped brothers", say the religious.
"It's a free application where you can check out Bible movies, children's cartoons, tips and the Bible online," said preacher Raymundo Argudo Perez.

Source:
https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/topic/57296-por-la-inseguridad-testigos-de-jehová-ya-no-salen-a-predicar/

View the full article

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the link to the actual article - it does NOT say we have stopped preaching.  Just the opposite, it  points out the dangers our brothers face there while continuing to preach: https://www.elsold

They've even been mugged June 15 Tabasco. Due to the high levels of insecurity in the streets of Villahermosa, Jehovah's Witnesses have stopped preaching and are now using a mobile application. It bec

NOOOOO !!!! @Jack Ryan.... IT NOT HAS ARRIVED......  bec. only  *ONE*  has the almighty power to stop it, JEHOVAH  HIMSELF !    SO LONG,  WE ALL TRY TO  GO  PREACHING Around the wo

Posted Images

NOOOOO !!!! @Jack Ryan....

IT NOT HAS ARRIVED......  bec. only  *ONE*  has the almighty power to stop it, JEHOVAH  HIMSELF !    SO LONG,  WE ALL TRY TO  GO  PREACHING 1f64f.png

Around the world,  also in Russia,  they've their own tricks,   we don't know how  they're  doing...

Its  NEVER  our decision or permission  to say:  STOP  PREACHING.....    We will get that in our congregation !

The Source above is not working ....

Perhaps the  Librarian can work on ?    Thanks :)

Here's the link to the actual article - it does NOT say we have stopped preaching.  Just the opposite, it  points out the dangers our brothers face there while continuing to preach: https://www.elsoldetoluca.com.mx/republica/sociedad/por-la-inseguridad-testigos-de-jehova-ya-no-salen-a-predicar-lo-hacen-a-traves-de-una-aplicacion-movil-1766091.html.  Here is the article Google-translated to English:

FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2018

Because of the insecurity, Jehovah's Witnesses no longer go out to preach, they do it through a mobile application

Users can download the bible in more than 234 languages and dialects

VILLAHERMOSA, TABASCO.-Due to the high levels of insecurity that are experienced in the streets of Villahermosa, Jehovah's Witnesses have had to resort to technology to be able to preach from a mobile application, where users can download the Bible in more of 234 languages and dialects; and with that, to face the fact that people do not want to open the doors of their houses for fear of being looted.

And they pointed out that before the increase in the crime rate, many citizens are afraid to let them go to their homes to receive the word of God, that is why now they resort to only inviting them -from the gates or sidewalks- to download the application and explore information related to Jehovah's commands, said Raymundo Argudo Pérez, preacher.

"It is a free application for all people where the Jehovah's Witnesses society can check online information such as biblical films, cartoons for children, advice for children on how to be obedient to parents, also the online Bible "He said.

To which he continued: Some people because they fear to open their doors and we avoid accessing homes, we always tell them what better from the outside.

However, they continue to travel the city in their free time to transfer the wisdom of Jesus Christ through preaching in homes that allow them, a situation that makes them vulnerable to the robberies of lovers of others, especially in colonies popular so-called red lights.

He even said that criminals have accessed inside religious centers where they meet, to kidnap preachers.

"In some places they have assaulted us, they have even entered the halls of the kingdom where we have met, they have assaulted us, they have kidnapped brothers; This affects us all equally and is something for which we ask our Lord God, to solve these problems but while that happens we have to continue preaching, "he said.

Finally, he shared that it is an activity that they carry out voluntarily, and in their particular case, they dedicate 70 hours of service per month; however, despite the danger of crime they will continue to do so.

"We do not charge anything and we do it voluntarily taking into account a biblical principle recorded in Matthew chapter 10 verse 8, where our Lord Jesus Christ expressed himself when he trained his disciples to go preach, he did not charge them if he did not He said, they received free den for free, the word of God is not sold, "he concluded.

• 10 months later...
On 6/18/2018 at 5:11 PM, Bible.Truth said:

Here's the link to the actual article - it does NOT say we have stopped preaching.  Just the opposite, it  points out the dangers our brothers face there while continuing to

When the online study feature first appeared, a local brother said: “I think it means that we’ve been fired.”

I have been wondering when the organization would put it to some use. So far they have not specifically done anything with it. Here is an application I hadn’t thought of. It also works for persons who you find once and never again, also persons who other family members intercede for.

Me - I am looking forward to saying to someone: “I don’t want to study the Bible with you. Do it yourself” 

The timing and circumstances will have to be just right, of course. But I would not mind a scenario in which I escape from trying to spoon feed persons one elementary scripture at a time. Most can do the basics themselves, which permits the publisher to engage with them at a higher level, say that of application, or that of specific questions.

Frankly, I think it keeps us babes as well—always focusing on the basics. I’d rather farm that out to the extent possible and enjoy a ministry based on Bible 201, 301, and not necessarily just 101.