World Forum
TheWorldNewsOrg

Saudis use U.S. bombs. U.S. targeting. U.S. mid air support to bomb a bus full of school children on a field trip

via .ORG

Hello guest!

• Sad 1

via .ORG

Hello guest!

via .ORG

Hello guest!

Don't know Kurt Eichenwald, but his statement is very well put. It is absolutely correct based on all the evidence we have about US support of the Saudis against Yemen.  And it now fits several recent admissions by the US.

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Your statement without explanation AND PROOF !,  is completely useless.

I suspect that this Kurt guy has already been providing evidence and posting evidence of this claim for a couple years. At least I know that several others have been providing evidence of this particular involvement for that long. US Senators have put forth measures to halt US support of Yemen bombing raids. The US has admitted to picking the targets for Saudi Arabia, not speaking out against the atrocities, selling them the equipment, and managing the refueling process for the bombing raids with our own ships in the region. Obama favored bombing people here with drones that ended up hitting wedding parties, school buses, hospitals, women and children. All this from Obama's leadership through and including Trump's leadership has continued to turn Yemen into one of the worst humanitarian crises in our time. Cholera, famine, etc. The United States finds its own reasons to continue supporting and promoting war crimes, and this often means that the United States must align itself with the worst regimes it can find. If ever a "need" for regime change arises, and the US needs to invade another country, we will always have the excuse we need. Of course, I am not picking on the US. Every imperial power does such things.

When something is close to common knowledge outside the US, but is kept from US citizens through the corporate media filter (including Vox, Fox, Vice, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc.) it's usually still easy to get bits of the truth through accidental admission or state department correspondence.

In this case just go to Google (which also now filters against truth about US involvement in atrocities in the name of protecting us from "fake news") and type in "US support of Saudi Arabia against Yemen."

You will get many sites that report on what is already public about this war. (Some of the things I said above.) But the most important clue is how General Mattis, for example, responds to the allegations, by not denying them and admitting there is truth to them:

• Mattis said the U.S. assistance, which includes limited intelligence support and refueling of coalition jets, was ultimately aimed at bringing the war toward a negotiated, U.N.-brokered resolution.  (Reuters)
  • “We need to get this to a negotiated settlement, and we believe our policy right now is correct for doing this,” Mattis told reporters, as he flew back to Washington from the Middle East. (Reuters)

You can't trust many headlines on their own even when they all say the same thing from 100 different sources. But if you keep in mind the portions that the US has already admitted, then several of these results from the first page of Google can be more revealing:

About 163,000,000 results (0.51 seconds)  [in other words, there were more results than just what showed up here on the first page!!]

• Hello guest!
  • Feb 28, 2018 - Three US senators have introduced a resolution that will force the chamber to vote for the first time on whether the US should continue to ...
    • Hello guest!

• Hello guest!
  • Mar 20, 2018 - Bombed into famine: how Saudi air campaign targets Yemen's food supplies ... Yemen war: senators push to end US support of Saudi Arabia.
    • Hello guest!

• Hello guest!
  • Mar 23, 2018 - Since 2015, the United States has provided intelligence, military advice, and logistical support to the Saudi Arabia–led military intervention in ...
    • Hello guest!

• Hello guest!
  • Apr 18, 2018 - US senators demanded answers from the administration of President Donald Trump on its continued support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen.
    • Hello guest!

Hello guest!
  • Mar 20, 2018 - The Post's Missy Ryan explains who the key players are in the conflict in Yemen and why the United States is supporting Saudi Arabia there.
    • Hello guest!

• Hello guest!
  • Mar 15, 2018 - WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Defense Secretary Jim Mattis defended U.S. military support to Saudi Arabian-led coalition forces in Yemen on ...
    • Hello guest!

• Hello guest!
  • A military intervention was launched by Saudi Arabia in 2015, leading a coalition of nine .... Yemen's foreign minister, Riad Yassin, requested military assistance from the Arab League on 25 March, amid ... Saudi Arabia began airstrikes, reportedly relying on US intelligence reports and surveillance images to select and hit ...

Top stories

• Hello guest!
  • Vox · 5 hours ago

• Hello guest!
  • Xinhua · 3 hours ago

• Hello guest!
  • The Independent · 12 hours ago

Hello guest!

Web results

• Hello guest!

• Hello guest!
  • Mar 1, 2018 - A bipartisan trio of U.S. senators have introduced a measure aimed at ending U.S. military support for the the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen's ...

• Hello guest!

• Hello guest!
  • Jan 22, 2018 - Yet the U.S. and Great Britain have continued to support the coalition, ... As Gregory Gause, an expert on Saudi Arabia who teaches at Texas A.

7 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Don't know Kurt Eichenwald, but his statement is very well put. It is absolutely correct based on all the evidence we have about US support of the Saudis against Yemen.  And it now fits several recent admissions by the US.

11 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Kurt is NYT's (I think he has been in Newsweek, too) version of CNN's Acosta. He is single-minded in his focus, and in certain interviews, can come off as unhinged.

That does NOT necessarily make him wrong in places where he goes; it just means he must be taken with a grain of salt. When persons like JWI give substantial evidence in responding to blowhard idealogues, (I told you he brings out the worst in me) I would say the proof is there, tempered only by the fact that in an obscene world where arms are the profitable exports of many countries, many such evil reports can be truthfully related.

War deaths are  ALWAYS somewhere around 70% deaths for non-combatants..

That is  ANOTHER reason why it is a game that JWs do not play.

To be overly upset about what is happening "over there" is to ignore the fact

that in the fog of war, such stuff has always happened.

It is the nature of the beast.

Reality is .... what it is.

War deaths are  ALWAYS somewhere around 70% deaths for non-combatants..

I've heard numbers like this, too. I recall that when Obama's collateral damage numbers seemed too high, the administration chose to at least call all males of potential military age "combatants." Whether they were doctors, nurses, teachers, students, or whatever clearly didn't matter. Of course, he was neither the first or last to try to cover for a very successful imperialist agenda.

To be overly upset about what is happening "over there"

I personally should be more upset, based on Bible admonition to love one's neighbor as oneself, but I am sadly still "underly" upset. It's difficult to empathize as we should. As Witnesses, we can fall back a bit on John 3:16, but it's difficult for us to fathom that kind of love, even for "enemies" and those not related to us in the faith.

in the fog of war, such stuff has always happened.   It is the nature of the beast.

Also the fact that when undenied State Department videos and communications get released through FOIA or leaks, etc., we find that it was not through the "fog" of war, but through highly focused satellite lenses. What we hear about as accidental collateral damage is too often the primary focus. As if the existence of combatants are the excuse, and sometimes, therefore, the actual collateral damage when real targets, at times, really are the women, children, the sick, elderly, life-sustaining infrastructure, food supplies, clean water supplies, etc.

Imperialists have long known that war must often focus on the latter to bring real terror and chaos to the enemy.

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Kurt is NYT's

Name was familiar, but his specific role was a blur. NYT has been as untrustworthy as others. I notice, now, that when I clicked on the Twitter account, that the above had been the #1 point of at least 8 separate points made.

You know, I truly admire JWI for his measured response in answering friend and foe alike solidly and without heat. I should learn from him (but won't). Well, actually I have, a little (but only a little).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via .ORG
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via .ORG
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By Marcus Aurelius
      The Saudis and other major oil producing countries agreed to lift crude output this weekend, which might help slow down surging prices. 
      The backdrop:
      This chart was  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  many world leaders, including President Trump, India Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and officials in other countries who are big crude customers.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Elsewhere in Saudi Arabia: As of Sunday, women are now allowed to drive a car. According to 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , the move could add $90 billion to economic output by 2030 (by encouraging more women to enter the labor force).  
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. World News
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. World News
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. World News
    • By Nicole
      Muslim pilgrims cast pebbles in a symbolic stoning of the devil, during the annual pilgrimage, known as the hajj, in Mina outside of Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

• By admin
      Saudi government officials were involved in supporting the 9/11 attackers. That's according to a former member of an independent commission, set up to investigate the terror attacks. He was one of the people who saw the unredacted final report.

• By admin
      Earlier this week a Saudi political analyst told RT’s Arab networkthe kingdom has a nuclear weapon.
      Dahham Al-‘Anzi made the claim while saying Saudi Arabia is engaged in an effort to “minimize the Iranian threat in the Levant and Syria.”
      Although Saudi Arabia has officially denied it has a nuclear weapons program and has publicly stated it opposes nuclear weapons in the Middle East, it has funded a military nuclear program and received scientific assistance from the United States and Pakistan.
      If you don’t want to believe him, perhaps you will believe the former director of the CIA counter-terrorism operations center.  He told Fox Business that everyone in the intelligence world knows the Saudis have nukes…