The World News Media

Superheros and JW's

Jack Ryan

Superhero movies and true Christians  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are superhero movies inappropriate for true Christians?

• Yes
    • No

• Views 581
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its ok. your opinion... but you've to accept other opinions too !  For some things we've all our conscience. Its the same by the blood questions, many JW have a little different opinion for their own

Dagobert Duck seems to be German version of Scrooge McDuck.  Wikipedia says  "He was in his first few appearances characterized as a greedy miser and antihero (as Charles Dickens' original Scrooge was

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Anke Adolphi said:

As  a  doll  or  in  bigger ?   Btw. -  everybody  has  an  own  conscience !

I think you might be illustrating the problem here. Many parents may simply not realize or have not thought deeply enough about what Satan's commercial world is foisting on our children.

Its ok. your opinion... but you've to accept other opinions too !  For some things we've all our conscience. Its the same by the blood questions, many JW have a little different opinion for their own body, we know that and its ok. Thats also a case of our own conscience and no other brother or sister has to say anything against that ! Satan has nothings to do with my decisions, only Jehovah. Many JW watching *STAR WARS* and similar movies too... We got a conscience from Jehovah and we can use it. Thats my last word to this discuss theme ! 

PS. My son was playing in the past often the character figure Dagobert Duck, from Mickey Mouse...  Today he is a good, successful Banker, but also a JW !  Wish you a nice day ;o)

43 minutes ago, Anke Adolphi said:

Dagobert Duck, from Mickey Mouse

Dagobert Duck seems to be German version of Scrooge McDuck.  Wikipedia says  "He was in his first few appearances characterized as a greedy miser and antihero (as Charles Dickens' original Scrooge was), but in later comics and animated shorts and the modern day he is more often portrayed as a charitable and thrifty hero, adventurer, explorer, and philanthropist." 

The picture above is of a toy version of a popular superhero called Northstar.

Wikipedia says of this character:  "The character is one of the first openly gay superheroes in American comic books, and the first openly gay character to come out in a book published by Marvel Comics. He married his husband, Kyle Jinadu, inAstonishing X-Men #51 (June 2012), which was the first depiction of a same-sex marriage in mainstream comics."

2 hours ago, Anke Adolphi said:

We got a conscience from Jehovah and we can use it.

I agree entirely with this point, but just feel it is necessary to make the point that in order for the conscience to work effectively, it needs to be informed.

34 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

just feel it is necessary to make the point that in order for the conscience to work effectively, it needs to be informed.

Agree completely. Parents should know what their children are watching on television or through the Internet. Cartoons are not always for children, but without good supervision (not the super-vision that Superman has) parents won't know why a certain hero appeals to their child.

It's also extremely informative to watch how the various commercial networks sell these items to children. The marketing tactics are outrageous. I've also noticed that when a Spanish-speaking woman comes over to the house she asks if she can put the TV on for her 6 year old child. The methods of selling to children on Spanish-speaking stations continue to use a lot of the tactics that have finally been shamed off of other major TV networks.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.