The World News Media

Is JW.org openly inviting dissent?

Jack Ryan

3 hours ago, JW Insider said:

the one to make the biggest use of Luke 10 to highlight Jesus' methods of teaching in his Annual Meeting talk in 2014, and this is echoed in paragraph 10.

I liked the citing of vs 21 in that paragraph, presented as though it had just dawned upon Jesus himself how the father operated:

21In that very hour he became overjoyed in the holy spirit and said: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have carefully hidden these things from wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children. Yes, O Father, because this is the way you approved.

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never would we want to be like the Pharisees, who resented those who questioned them and persecuted those who expressed an opinion contrary to their own.—Mark 3:1-6; John 9:29-34. - Watchtower Se

I think I am going to find that quote, cut it out, have it laminated, and keep it in my wallet, as a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card for future use. Several years ago I was Df'd, and at one of my man

@JW Insider do we know the writer of this paragraph in the writing committee? Just curious. How did this get by the proofreaders?

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

the C.C. asked me something along the lines of "What do you think about the decisions of the Governing Body?"

I looked at him in the eyes and replied "I will have to agree with what was stated in the February 2017 Watchtower, that they are neither inspired, or infallible."

Dead silence as if they had been bonked on the head with a wooden mallet.

UP VOTE !

That is why we all need to pass self-defense course and have a lot of practice :))

6 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

In that very hour he became overjoyed in the holy spirit and said:

Is this word "overjoyed" something as "inspired" ?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.