The World News Media

“He Used to be the Meanest SOB Around and He Turned Out Better than Any of Us”

TrueTomHarley

27 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Quote " he submitted to congregation discipline "

Yes, of course. The fellow in Corinth submitted to congregation discipline as well:

Before: “Do you not judge those inside while God judges those outside? “Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves.” (1 cor 5:13-14)

After: “so that, on the contrary now, YOU should kindly forgive and comfort [him], that somehow such a man may not be swallowed up by his being overly sad.” 2 Cor 2:7)

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joe knew dirty rotten lowlifes well, to use one of his favorite phrases. “You know that car dealer on TV?” he’d say, speaking of certain commercials. “I know him. He’s a dirty rotten lowlife. I’ve see

There is a line one does not cross when it comes to loyalty.  The line is when one looks like an opposer...... then you have gone too far.  I have seen this happen on this forum where on thinks one is

Several times you have likened yourself to Mickey. Now you are proposing a trinity of sorts—you, Mickey, and Joe. It holds in some surface ways. All three would stand up for the little guy and be

28 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

After: “so that, on the contrary now, YOU should kindly forgive and comfort [him], that somehow such a man may not be swallowed up by his being overly sad.” 2 Cor 2:7)

The thought just occurred to me that, if expressed in today's language, it means forgive and try to repair any damage, or depression at being shunned might overwhelm such a person, and he commits suicide.

Swallowed up by death.

22 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

forgive and try to repair any damage

If a person stops unacceptable sins then yes- he is immediately accepted back.  The guilt is not on those who follow through on Jehovahs instructions but on the one who is sad.  HE must try to repair any damage not the elders.

Is he sad because his ego was damaged because he was discovered and exposed for wrongdoing or was he sad because he was really repentant. Sometimes people want to sit on both sides of the fence and still get pity so they can go on doing what they were doing.

If a person is really repentant they will ask to be reinstated.  They will not wilfully go on with brazen behaviour and expect the world to turn to them.

Elders always act kindly when someone asks to come back or work with elders to come back.  They will not let such a person become overly sad.

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

submitting to God's authority through 
Jesus Christ. No he submitted to the GB's Org

If he did submit himself  to Jesus then he would not have committed adultery or some other gross sin in the first place.  He would not commit a gross sin and would have shown repentance. 

Quote @TrueTomHarley  "Yes, of course. The fellow in Corinth submitted to congregation discipline as well: "

The problem with your comment Mr Harley is the simple fact that you are using the ANOINTED of the 1st Century to make a point about the modern day Elders that are not anointed or inspired. 

So basically no comparison what so ever.  It just shows how you worship your elders and your JW Org. 

35 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Not all anointed were elders in first century. So your argument backfires.  

I never said they were. Oh dear. :( 

Quote "If a person stops unacceptable sins then yes- he is immediately accepted back."

BUT, it is not sin against God or Christ that your Elders worry about, it is 'sin' against the JW Org. 

And the elders are not even capable of judging that, as it has been proved by the CSA problems where Elders and others have been allowed back in only to do it all over again. 

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

is not sin against God or Christ that your Elders worry about, it is 'sin' against the JW Org. 

We do not worry about people who are not brothers and sin.  But the bible indicates (quoted scripture before) that we must stop mixing with "brothers" who become wicked.   

Unfortunately, people immediately blame JW.org when individuals do bad things in secret and they do not act fast enough...... but they do not act without sufficient evidence - which also is criticized.  

others have been allowed back in only to do it all over again. 

This is a problem which social workers and therapists also face. This is the realities of the real world.  Prisons lock them up for 2 years or more and then they are out back on the street..... So what would your solution be?  Shoot them all? Castrate them?  Or what.....   Social workers used to put children back into the home of the perpetrator..... until that did not work out in all cases. However there may be cases where people may change..... would you like to judge and decide which ones will be rehabilitated?  Which ones should receive mercy?  How does one know? 

never said they were. Oh

An anointed could be an elder but not all were. Today not all anointed are elders. So they are not the same thing. 

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

So what would your solution be?  Shoot them all? Castrate them?  Or what.....   Social workers used to put children back into the home of the perpetrator..... until that did not work out in all cases.

During the time of El Cid, when the Spanish were trying to throw the Muslims out of Spain by combat, a Catholic military General who was also a Bishop was informed that half the people in the walled city where the Muslims were holed up, were Catholic.

His reply was "Kill them all, and let God sort them out!".

Of course, if we used that as an example, we would be disfellowshipping CSA victims, and it would be documented somewhere from our own internal records ... perhaps in Australia.

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

reply was "Kill them all, and let God sort them out!".

Does that sound like righteous justice?  This is collectivist justice - which commies like and people who do not respect individual rights of people.  They define groups of people and give them a label and then get rid of them!   

Anti-LGBT will soon be such a group.  Jesus- lovers may soon be such a group, jehovah- lovers may soon be such a group etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

t may be that you do not, but what you do so closely resembles it that no one can tell the difference.

There are people that can wrestle an adult alligator in the water, but do not know the difference between an alligator and a crocodile.

These people are known as "Lunch"

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.