The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses Facing Norway Data Regulator’s Privacy Audit

Patiently waiting for Truth

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/privacy-and-data-security/jehovahs-witnesses-facing-norway-data-regulators-privacy-audit

The Norwegian Data Protection Authority says it will act on complaints made against the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ processing of members’ personal information.

Acting on “several complaints and tips,” the agency said it has sent a series of questions to the Norwegian branch of the global church.

According to the agency, the complaints relate to the processing of data held by judiciary committees, which act as the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ internal court system. Such committees can decide to take action against members who are found to have disobeyed the church’s protocols, which outlaw practices like nonmarital sex, homosexuality, and abortion, the agency said....

The article would not allow me further access, so this is all I have. 

• Views 365
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is enough. You are sticking up for nonmarital sex, homosexuality, and abortion, I see.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/privacy-and-data-security/jehovahs-witnesses-facing-norway-data-regulators-privacy-audit The Norwegian Data Protection Authority says it will act on comp

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

The article would not allow me further access, so this is all I have. 

It is enough.

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

Such committees can decide to take action against members who are found to have disobeyed the church’s protocols, which outlaw practices like nonmarital sex, homosexuality, and abortion, the agency said....

You are sticking up for nonmarital sex, homosexuality, and abortion, I see.

You people are soooooooooooooo funny :) 

Elders love twisting words as usual. 

11 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

You are sticking up for nonmarital sex, homosexuality, and abortion, I see.

The article is about data protection tom. 

12 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

According to the agency, the complaints relate to the processing of data held by judiciary committees, which act as the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ internal court system.

Data Tom understand now  

14 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Well, look at the media source first. Then attach that with the actual laws that are in place in that country just like many European countries do with DATA PROTECTION the Watchtower adheres to. Another frivolous challenge!

Media sorce matters not. It seems as if the Norwegian Data Protection Authority  is acting upon information received.  So it seems there must be problems. 

I still do field service with my Swedish friend.  They write letters when they see an address but do not write down the address.

I presume it it does not pertain to an organization one belongs to. One usually gives permission for your address to be held by an organization.  If this is not lawful then your work may not keep a record of your address or for that matter your bank details to receive a cheque or your pay.  This is a ludicrous  and frivolous court case. 

On 2/20/2021 at 12:24 PM, Arauna said:

I presume it it does not pertain to an organization one belongs to

I've heard (though cannot confirm) that the JW congregations / Elders, retain information even about  those who have left the JW Org.  I did think about using the Data Protection Act (here in England) to obtain all the info' that my ex congregation hs about me. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.