The World News Media

Bearing Witness to Almighty God, Jesus Christ, and God's Kingdom.

Patiently waiting for Truth

I've just spent maybe an hour bearing witness about God's Kingdom and about Almighty God and Jesus Christ, but I find that many people have been stumbled by the Watchtower / JW Org making false predictions concerning Armageddon. It must be difficult for many people in the world, because we do live in a dishonest world. It also seems funny to me that some folks out there are still preaching 'hellfire'. It's not funny of course, but I suppose I have a wrong sense of humour. 

How many of you have also found the false JW predictions to have been a stumbling block when trying to teach truth to others ? 

• Views 466
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve found tons are. It’s hard to reason with a broken soul that’s been ripped apart mentally by false predictions and false teachers. I have found though, Christ’s words paralleled with Paul’s comfor

Isn't it amazing that they have to say that the man of lawlessness "sits" in a counterfeit temple, and is Christendom.  Do JWs check God's word to verify this?  NO! They keep gulping down the lie. THE

Their mountain will be leveled “What are you, mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’” Zech

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

false JW predictions

This is when I show them the overwhelming body of work that did come true!   The fact that we are preaching the kingdom as the only solution for human problems in obedience to Matthew 24:14.  This is truly the only solution in a world wherein it is getting more difficult to make decision - critical times hard to deal with when people do not have faith and are fierce!

The prophecies now coming into fulfillment regarding pestilence on world-wide scale and food shortages in many places.

One can go into other prophecies - but we do not want to overwhelm them!

2 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

How many of you have also found the false JW predictions to have been a stumbling block when trying to teach truth to others ? 

I’ve found tons are. It’s hard to reason with a broken soul that’s been ripped apart mentally by false predictions and false teachers. I have found though, Christ’s words paralleled with Paul’s comforting to some. Matthew 24:48-49 Jesus spoke of a wicked steward (a governing body), who Paul sternly spoke of a specific announcement from these men to not believe, that without a doubt will cause many to be stumbled. (Matthew 24:11)

It’s 1914. These men would lie saying the day of the lord arrived back then. These men would say the man of lawlessness sits in a counterfeit temple and is Christendom. It is the man of lawlessness who is in the organization and sits in judicial meetings disfellowshipping everyone who questions the governing bodies false predictions. Imagine that, asking questions will get you DF’d. This is without question going to cause many to be stumbled (Matthew 24:11).

2 Thessalonians 2: Don’t be so easily shaken or alarmed by those who say that the day of the Lord has already begun. Don’t believe them, even if they claim to have had a spiritual vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us." 2 thess 2:2

"BACK in 1914, Jesus was installed as King of God’s Kingdom, and the Lord’s day began." - w88 10/15 pp. 15-20

Don’t be fooled by what they [the governing body] say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed—the one who brings destruction. He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God.“ 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

7 hours ago, Kick_Faceinator said:

These men would say the man of lawlessness sits in a counterfeit temple and is Christendom.

Isn't it amazing that they have to say that the man of lawlessness "sits" in a counterfeit temple, and is Christendom.  Do JWs check God's word to verify this?  NO! They keep gulping down the lie. THEY DON'T CARE.  How can "God's Temple", or "the temple of God" as 2 Thess 2:4 calls it, be defined as a counterfeit temple?  What does God think about that?   And what about Rev. 11:1,2?

"Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. [a]And the angel stood, saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months".

These scripture reiterate that...

#1 - the "man of lawlessness" made up of "Gentiles",  "sits" in God's Temple

#2 - the "Gentile" times are NOT over

#3 - the Temple of God are the anointed priests and dwelling of His Holy Spirit. (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22)

#4 - The only people or nation that can "sit" in the Temple of God, which the anointed priests are members of, are those who replaced them as priests, and those who can rule over them.  The elder body. 

Thus,

#5 - The elder body is the "man of lawlessness", "standing where it should not"  (Mark 13:14) If the "abomination that causes desolation", which is the "man of lawlessness", was standing/sitting in a counterfeit temple, would it matter where it was found? God wouldn't be interested in a counterfeit temple. What does that have to do with His people?   His focus is on His own dwelling in spirit, in the hearts of the anointed.  (2 Cor 6:16)

#6 -  The position of the elders as representing the priesthood "cannot be challenged".  Such an arrogant, high-sounding statement, isn't it!

“His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation. 32 With flattery he will corrupt those who have violated the covenant, but the people who know their God will firmly resist him.

“The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place. "  Dan 11:31,32,36

"He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God."  2 Thess 2:4

The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.  Rev 13:5-7

Elders, you need to get of there. You, and all JWs need to FLEE.  Matt 24:15,16.   I fear the day when blind JWs will have their eyes finally opened to the identity of the man of lawlessness.  

3 hours ago, Witness said:

God wouldn't be interested in a counterfeit temple. What does that have to do with His people?   

Well, God wouldn't be interested in say, a Buddhist Temple, since His people are not involved with one.  But, I do admit that He is very interested in a counterfeit temple found in the same realm where His people are.  And this one, will face destruction because His people are idolizing it - "Jehovah's earthly organization", "Zion".  

Rev 13:1-4

6 minutes ago, Witness said:

And this one, will face destruction because His people are idolizing it - "Jehovah's earthly organization", "Zion".  

Their mountain will be leveled

“What are you, mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’” Zech 4:7

“Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain.” Isa 40:4

that they took refuge in

“Then they will begin to say to the mountains, ‘Fall on us,’ and to the hills, ‘Cover us.’” Luke 23:30

which cannot save them

Let’s see if your idols can save you when you cry to them for help. Why, a puff of wind can knock them down! If you just breathe on them, they fall over! But whoever trusts in me will inherit the land and possess my holy mountain.” Isa 57:13

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.