The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

16 hours ago, Thinking said:

He’s just flogging a dead horse because that’s all he knows how to do…your patience with him is admirable…and very good for visitors here reading your words… 

When you debate for a long time primarily against KJV-Onlyist and Trinitarians, your patience will gain experience over time. Likewise when dealing with people of the paradigm, who can be violent towards you, for this is no stranger to me. even at CSE when things get serious, people ten to level themselves.

• Views 41.7k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

God's Order is vastly different from the Chosen notion

On the one hand, God creates Adam and Eve who are not given the concept of patriarchy or the concept of the man (Adam) as the only one who has the last word in everything.

On the other hand, it later allows for a system of patriarchy and polygamy and slavery.

Then enters a phase in which it softens the laws of OT and creates a concept of equality within the Christian community in which it still relies on a slightly softer patriarchal relationship between man and woman.

And as a special new level, architecture emerges in which men and women become representatives of the government with functions that include / unite political and religious power (Kings and priests).
This approach is unique in that it allows women what they have never been allowed to do in either Judaism or Christianity. To rule over the people (the only OT exception, I think, is Deborah in the capacity of Judge) and to perform priestly service.

The activity of the Prophetess was also an exception.

But it is precisely these exceptions that speak of a God who has no problem with the concepts (out of known "Order") in which women are given to be in positions for which some zealous/stubborn men claim to be the only right given to them.

Yikes looks like the dam cracked wide open in this thread. Was lurking so based on what I am seeing.... 😬😬😬

If one guy is right but a few people who's never been challenged react only to get beat down again. A more detailed look is from what is seen here some Former Jehovah’s Witnesses has never been challenged before and when it actually happens, it shows who is truthful and who isn't. Guess when the shoe is on the other foot it feels unpleasant and to that I will say for another thread that ended up like this.

What a way to go out.

@Pudgy Thank goodness for those comic strip because it helps a lot lol.

4 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

It gets worse, for on an extreme level, not only some profess women cannot minister, but that they are primarily there to be submissively (the world's view of the term) and to give birth only, which is a wrong mindset.

Why your objection that others have the wrong mindset, when you yourself are advocating the wrong attitude about women and claiming that God has an unchangeable Order. Well there is no immutable. He revoked the Order from OT and placed another Order through NT. And change will continue to happen.

5 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Why your objection that others have the wrong mindset, when you yourself are advocating the wrong attitude about women and claiming that God has an unchangeable Order. Well there is no immutable. He revoked the Order from OT and placed another Order through NT. And change will continue to happen.

This isn't my mindset. Nor have I displayed the wrong attitude towards women, therefore, your lie as been shut down in less than a second.

Nice try though, attempting to not quote me entirely.

There are people who are like this towards women who are of the Church. I even quoted a Pastor and a Debate rival who were wrong ion what they have said.

That being said, God's Order has not changed, likewise with those who twist what it actually is, granted said order began in Eden.

Really? Show me anywhere in the Bible that God's order has changed because Prophet Malachi was accurate in what he said  in the Hebrew Text. God is the same before, and is the same now.

@Space Merchant It may just be more than Methodist Faith tho. Weren't some Baptist ordinating women too? 🤔

Also since you linked that thread I made, I don't think people who say they have visions of certificates things to be true, especially when that vision comes from someone who thinks God oversees the torment of people in an Eternal Hellfire, makes no sense and that isn't something Jehovah is about.

@ApostaBabe Linda James We're not Extremist so I don't see how there's some kind of rage taking places in our halls although temporarily closed in some areas. Desperation possibly because of the stuff taking place in the world, not from brothers and sisters as a whole. In my case I'm perfectly fine, as well as our brothers and sisters at our hall.

@JW Insider You don't have to response but I know how you feel lol. Like someone talking about different fruits and vegetables and suddenly the conversation spirals into British Royal Navy ships and BOOM all of a sudden.... Cat videos lol 😆

A never ending story. 

7 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Did women look after sheep, goats ... in ancient time of OT?  

In the Bible there was no woman or House Head noted as a Shepherd. So unfounded, for if that was the case you'd have a verse/passage concerning a noted Shepherd who is female, but clearly, you do not.

7 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Were the Shepherdesses only to female sheep and goats?

Shepherdess is a female term whereas the male term is Shepperd, likewise to Prophetess to Prophet.

A Shepherdess tends to Sheep, Goat and or other livestock (the sex of the animal is irrelevant), which is something in the modern day even old times, however, never noted in Bible Times - at all.

Some try to argue Rachel's role, but only do so by ruling out her household, her father.

3 hours ago, Witness said:

For a man who does not claim to be joined to one established, concrete religion, but uses the term “religious office”, tells me you are under the influence of the world of established religion.  Somehow, you have decided you are a Preacher by perhaps your own labeling; or, did others give you that label?  But how could they, if you are not part of an earthly organized church?  Nonetheless, dear SM, your concept of religion under Jesus Christ, is not according to the spirit of God, but of the world.  The two, cannot be mixed.

Excellent observation!

SM  so strongly advocates a specific Christian Order, but is not prepared to act within the specific Order of the Unitarian Church or here within the Order of JW Church. Both churches are Christian churches.

...I am a Biblical Unitarian Christian yes, however I am not of the Unitarian Church.

7 minutes ago, Equivocation said:

It may just be more than Methodist Faith tho. Weren't some Baptist ordinating women too? 🤔

There are, but the Methodist are the ones who have this spotlight on them; to push the idea and practice. There is a  history in regards to it also. They sought to be diverse whereas others use Mary as a justification.

For these ideas are not Core.

9 minutes ago, Equivocation said:

Also since you linked that thread I made, I don't think people who say they have visions of certificates things to be true, especially when that vision comes from someone who thinks God oversees the torment of people in an Eternal Hellfire, makes no sense and that isn't something Jehovah is about.

And that is the point of what I addressed before, something Srecko and cohorts cannot comprehend. Paul was clear and concerning him such gifts had ceased, so Constantine, and some of these Pastors today who assume otherwise, even state they had visions and do other things, I take issue with because it goes around the Bible.

The ability to heal and raise the dead is associated with Spiritism in the modern age, after Apostle John, into our day.

I am sure many, many people who claim to be inspired will have to answer for themselves on in front of the white throne, likewise to practitioners of Black Magic.

But as pointed out, although we do not have these gifts specifically, we have God's spirit, of which can led us to profess what is true.

14 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Excellent observation!

And what does @Witness comment has to do with me? Her assumption did not do her anything good, but shows she is misguided.

SM  so strongly advocates a specific Christian Order, but is not prepared to act within the specific Order of the Unitarian Church or here within the Order of JW Church. Both churches are Christian churches.

I advocate for God's Order.

Unitarian Church? The funny thing with these remarks is that you are not being specific.

...I am a Biblical Unitarian Christian yes, however I am not of the Unitarian Church.

Yes, I am a Biblical Unitarian, which is True.

I am not of the Unitarian Church, also true. Granted you are not clear of which Unitarian you are referring to.

My path to being Biblical Unitarian was by means of my Father, who taught my brother and I granted a serious situation the family was under, also true, hence in house learning of the Bible. As for the situation, it could have reaped death or critical harm. He also did this because granted there was no churches, the notion of Black Magic was mixed with Christendom on those who did not know the truth of the Bible, so this was not only a defensive move, but to protect my brother and I, as is my mother. A history I made known here several times, even in this thread.

The fact you had to go through great lengths is also reaching, so much so you are now running from your claims.

That being said, your reaching to evade your own assertions is a silly one. But please cotninue.

What specific Unitarian Church you speak of, to this I will wait.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.