The World News Media

Similarities with what is going on today.

Arauna

This is an amazing interview.  I see many similarities with what is going on in the education system today.  Young children learning the morals and the jargon of the future. The craziness and divisions going on in society with the new philosophies which are focused on only the material - what the body can produce.  No land ownership, no rights for humans; no police and NO rights or even the choice of a religion.  We are slowly moving into the next totalitarian phase of the world. 

I have the 5 minute talk this week which is a heartfelt interview of a young child (now a sister) who survived the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.  She often prayed to the true God in her severe distress when children were killed for a small mistake. 

My eyes fell on this interview and it was very insightful. 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/survivor-of-the-cambodian-genocide-nal-oum-a-heartfelt-warning-to-the-west_4466876.html?utm_source=enewsnoe&utm_campaign=etv-2022-05-15&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1

• Views 3.4k
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Thinking, Eoin Joyce is the name of a person from UK (England) who contributed his comments here for several years. He indicated often that he was fed up with the lack of spiritual value in most of t

That was only his personal opinion.  If I recall correctly he had a lot of verbal abuse - and he went too far!    None of us wanted him off!   The only reason people are kicked off here is when they r

This is an amazing interview.  I see many similarities with what is going on in the education system today.  Young children learning the morals and the jargon of the future. The craziness and division

Posted Images

I was profoundly saddened by the 1984 movie “The Killing Fields“ about the escape of a Cambodian from Cambodia during the Vietnam war evacuation. The Cambodian actor, who won an Academy award for his performance, played himself in the movie. Later on, after surviving incredible hardship and death, he moved to Los Angeles where he was killed in a robbery.

E98CAF1B-C512-402D-A0C2-0E6D4C31CBFE.jpeg

12 hours ago, Pudgy said:

I was profoundly saddened by the 1984 movie “The Killing Fields“ about the escape of a Cambodian from Cambodia during the Vietnam war evacuation. The Cambodian actor, who won an Academy award for his performance, played himself in the movie. Later on, after surviving incredible hardship and death, he moved to Los Angeles where he was killed in a robbery.

E98CAF1B-C512-402D-A0C2-0E6D4C31CBFE.jpeg

Yes I remember the film and this time…I also read the autobiography…JUST STAY ALIVE  MY SON……These accounts and many others ..always got me thinking where was God in all of this..and how could he just watch this and not help them……and I could not wonder at how others could watch this film and not ask the same questions ….these questions eventually lead me to the truth…or to a people who had the answers…and yes Pudgy I also was profoundly affected by such things….

I made my 11 yr old watch the movie ..RABBIT PROOF FENCE….against her will….explaining  she had to learn about our history…in the end she was grateful.

I would like to show them the KILLING FEILDS…if I can find it…again I will have to force them or bribe them….as they know nothing of this history…

Another one I would like them to read is a novel ..autobiography of THE FORGOTTEN SOLDIER….a Germans perspective as a foot soldier as they invaded Russia ….again these things they know nothing off.

Our  children know so little of the real world…once they do…then they will appreciate Jehovah and the hope he gives us.

thanks for that Aruana..

“The Killing Fields” is available on EBay for about $11, from many sources. “… Rabbit Fence …” in trade paperback about $5, and DVD for about $7.

The two Clint Eastwood produced movies, one from the American, and one from the Japanese perspective I also consider “must see”, and of course … “Schindler’s List”.

2 hours ago, Thinking said:

….. Another one I would like them to read is a novel ..autobiography of THE FORGOTTEN SOLDIER….a Germans perspective as a foot soldier as they invaded Russia ….again these things they know nothing off.

Our  children know so little of the real world…once they do…then they will appreciate Jehovah and the hope he gives us.

thanks for that Aruana..

My parents bought me a 20 volume Encyclopedia before I could read, but I gravitated to those 25 cent hardboard covered children's books popular in the early 50s.

0D3EFD7C-8CC8-46DF-BEB0-B5C5227B2FFF.jpeg

79AE0045-3171-4788-AFFC-56AF55DC40B2.jpeg

8113CB67-6DE1-46E1-B30D-30CF08500474.jpeg

DA4DA69B-61BE-4589-8C1A-5C336E599605.jpeg

D44643CE-4E0A-4AFE-99F1-B819F4B99F35.jpeg

A13F794F-0C03-4FCF-B6E9-2CECFE19A62D.jpeg

09F60CB3-33C0-4F0B-B995-EC862AC1727C.jpeg

F6A808F8-B28B-4149-BBEC-1AC888E7E9C4.jpeg

449760C9-DDFF-4D26-881F-1B138293B165.jpeg

CB9F2147-978C-4623-AA2F-73F02D361A7A.jpeg

4 hours ago, Pudgy said:

No, it’s true! They paid $400 for the 20 volume set of encyclopedias, when among our contemporaries, that was a month’s pay!

Good grief …no wonder we are all screwed up…propaganda machine at its finest…..get ‘‘em while their young..

we didnt get them down under…or maybe our  politicians  imported them for their kids ..that would explain a few things.

28 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Here is one I forgot … and of course Australian children couldn’t relate, as Australia ha been disarmed.

671071ED-ECB2-402E-BDA6-4B2FC5EDE840.jpeg

9E166447-52FA-48EF-87FE-255642973A4B.jpeg

I wouldnt say we were totally disarmed…we do have guns but nothing like you yanks have ….I carn’t even hardly believe that’s a kids book…shesssh!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.