The World News Media

Malawi and MCP Cards?

Many Miles

8 hours ago, Pudgy said:

It all conforms to “The Law Of Unintended Consequences”, which very, very few people understand.

I hope that Jehovah will forgive their well intended ignorance, and the Brothers and Sisters in Malawi and elsewhere will forgive their well intended ignorance.

An Army does not fight with the leadership they need …. they fight with the leadership THEY HAVE.

This has always been the case, and until Jesus Christ returns, always will be.

There are no exceptions, and some are a lot worse.

Get used to it.

That’s the way it is.

• Views 12k
  • Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It took a while for me to realize that, among some branches of Christians, there is virtue in ‘moving beyond’ the Bible. Most Witnesses will assume that if they can demonstrate they are adhering to th

I think it would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using. Not my words. But I agree with the sentiment. The early Christian church found it diffic

I think that some brothers feel they can do a lot more good for both the organization and the congregations overall by not declaring themselves apostates, even if they hold beliefs different from the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Many Miles said:

You don’t have the foggiest idea what you’re talking about. For starters, those images above are not images of passports. So you’re wrong about that. Also, having an MCP card was essential for travel inside Malawi at the time. So you’re wrong about that too.

It appears that both you and Pudgy share something in common - your ignorance. The letter enclosed is part of an application for a passport or naturalization process. I suggest you start learning something meaningful.

All of these WTJWorg presidents have sworn to defend the Constitution of the United States. According to WTJWorg theology, the USA and all the countries of the world are in the service of Satan. Secular authorities with their political systems (regardless of type) are a "beast". So these "exemplary Christians" support whoever is behind the political power of a country.

No further discussion. Discussion is moot when any JW tries to justify the actions of their leaders while agreeing to the deaths of other JWs who have agreed to listen to doctrinal instructions from the US Bethel.

2. Kings, chapter 12

18 In this thing the Lord pardon thy servant, that when my master goeth into the house of Rimmon to worship there, and he leaneth on my hand, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon: when I bow down myself in the house of Rimmon, the Lord pardon thy servant in this thing.

19 And he said unto him, Go in peace. So he departed from him a little way.

If the act of idolatry of the JW brothers in the US needs to be justified, then the JW brothers in Malawi deserve it too.

2 hours ago, Pudgy said:

You missed the ENTIRE point George 88!

It’s NOT about travel!

What truly undermines the credibility of information is not its content per se, but rather the way in which it is conveyed to the public, ultimately rendering it deceitful. It is important that the responsibility for any harm caused by former Jehovah's Witnesses towards the community is not attributed to the organization, as is the case in India. In Malawi, the witnesses were once law-abiding citizens, until the fervor of the youth compelled the entire population to unite under one purpose and loyalty. Is there any passage in the Bible that explicitly instructs Christians to prioritize following man over God?

Your unethical assumptions can only be considered valid if you can provide scriptural evidence to support them.

In the meantime, I would prefer to hold responsible the government of Malawi and the youth organizations, rather than solely placing the blame on the Org as you suggest.

8 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

All of these WTJWorg presidents have sworn to defend the Constitution of the United States. According to WTJWorg theology, the USA and all the countries of the world are in the service of Satan. Secular authorities with their political systems (regardless of type) are a "beast". So these "exemplary Christians" support whoever is behind the political power of a country.

Does this line of thinking imply that Jesus and the apostles made a mistake by adhering to Roman laws?

11 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

2. Kings, chapter 12

Do you grasp the essence of repentance?

32 minutes ago, George88 said:

It appears that both you and Pudgy share something in common - your ignorance. The letter enclosed is part of an application for a passport or naturalization process. I suggest you start learning something meaningful.

I don't know what "letter" you're talking about. But, yes, the images shared earlier by Pudggy are from passport applications. But that's not what you said earlier. Here's what you said earlier:

2 hours ago, George88 said:

Just like when people post pictures of passports that were required for travel, but use them in a misleading manner to prove something insignificant, as the passports were essential for travel while the MPC was not.

So, earlier you said those images were "pictures of passports". As I said, and you now agree, they were NOT images of PASSPORTS. No one that I know of has ever had access to any of these men's passports other than themselves. Not even the US Department of State wouldn't have their passports (or copies of them!).

I see you didn't bother to comment on your second error, which was your assertion the MCP cards were not essential to travel. It's your assertion. Care to prove it? I already know your statement is false, but it should be entertaining to see what you cook up as evidence of your assertion.

25 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Malawian laws are in same category. They belong to secular, governing authority "appointed by God". We will accept one government and not other?

Does this mean that God chose Banda specifically to bring harm to JWs and non-JW Malawians? Were the Bible Students willing to accept Hitler's terms? Are they in favor of Putin's attack on the Org? Did Jesus defy the demands that were imposed on him, not only by the Pharisees but also by Roman authority?

What type of logic are you trying?

37 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

I don't know what "letter" you're talking about. But, yes, the images shared earlier by Pudggy are from passport applications. But that's not what you said earlier. Here's what you said earlier:

More wordplay. Like you said, people (intelligent) should just ignore you, since you have nothing good to offer. 

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

You missed the ENTIRE point George 88!

It’s NOT about travel!

It’s about the JW leadership pledging allegiance to the Constitution of the United States for their Passport, while the Brothers and Sisters in Malawi are being tortured and killed by the thousands for obeying not making a similar political statement. to get THEIR “passport”.

To not get raped, tortured and KILLED.

https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/malawi-mexico-oath-allegiance.php

This link has the COMPLETE STORY, and I found it to be fair, true, and accurate.  I was paying attention.

2942981E-98F2-4F68-BA74-7CCF7247BB7E.jpeg

George88:

Instead of as a rebuttal asking dozens of questions that are meant as a diversion, why don’t you SIMPLY read the historical facts that are proven true, pick something out, and disagree with some SPECIFIC fact?

The entire account of what happened about Malawi and Mexico is in the link here:

397CA758-9A4D-4432-944A-2623DE25E7A3.jpeg

CE8C57AD-2EBD-457F-912B-0E5B949CCD22.png

Oh, by the way …. if you would like to make this web page instantly accessible for future reference from your iPhone Home Screen,  with one click, here is how to do it …..

9CA281DB-294A-4CCA-9076-4831E9288947.png

Hastings Kamuzu Banda own words.

People call us, as a nation, a dictatorship. I mean newspaper men, who write from London and other places, who do not know anything about this country. They say: " Kamuzu is a dictator; Malawi is a dictatorship". For example, there is a man in London called Patrick Keatley, who told one of the meetings there: "Malawi is a dictatorship; Dr. Banda was alright for fighting the Federation, but to rule the country, he is not. He is a dictator",

Lie:

I repeat: people who do not know the truth of this country, particularly newspapermen outside this country, whether in Europe or other parts of Africa, talk nonsense about this country. We are not a dictatorship. If we are, that dictatorship is based on the will and desire of the people themselves. And when I say the people, I do not mean just the people in Blantyre, Lilongwe and Zomba, but I mean the people in the villages. Those are the people I mean.

Unequal propaganda:

This is our Constitution, it was deliberately designed this way so that all sections of our community, Party leaders, traditional rulers, representatives of local authority, women, youth, should be represented in a body that decides policy for this country. This is our kind of democracy, whatever others may think. 

As I have said more than once, democracy cannot mean the same thing in West­minster, Washington, Paris, Bonn, as in Malawi because the conditions and circum­stances that led to the democracy at Westminster, Washington, Bonn, Paris, are quite different from conditions in Malawi. This is why I insist that no one in Europe, America or Asia must expect us to copy our kind of democracy after their own because conditions are quite different, quite different. To those who want to deal with us, they have to accept us as we are without trying to impose their own ideas of democracy on us. 

As I said last year and the year before that, building the Nation and the Party must mean building the Nation and the Party politically, economically, morally and spiritu­ally. And this, again, as I said last year, cannot be done unless all of us maintain and adhere strictly to the four cornerstones on which our Party and Government are built; namely: unity, loyalty, obedience and discipline. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.