The World News Media

Malawi and MCP Cards?

Many Miles

9 hours ago, George88 said:

Does this mean that God chose Banda specifically to bring harm to JWs and non-JW Malawians?

I cannot say who chose whom. But I can say that the Bible contains accounts describing that God has chosen this or that people or nations to carry out his will and purpose. On the other hand, WTJWorg also interprets some biblical texts to say that God will use the UN or as they now call it the "coalition of nations" to attack WTJWorg and followers and other religious organizations.

So, I don't have such a logic, WTJWorg does. Perhaps the attacks on JWs and non-JWs in the past are only a small part of the bigger picture that WTJWorg persistently promotes

The time when the events in Malawi were taking place was the same time that WTJWorg was preaching that Armageddon was coming soon and that JWs were preparing for persecution. So the JW logic is subject to the promises/predictions/interpretations of the religious leaders that the persecutions will happen to them because of Jesus and YHVH.
If JWs expect this and prepare for it at every meeting in KH and at every Congress, then why ask for help from the Courts and other Political Institutions to stop and prevent "persecution"?

WTJWorg is contradicting itself. You expect persecution because you are living in the "last of the last days", and yet you try with all your might to delay and stop it. And so for more than a century. I do not understand you.

• Views 12.1k
  • Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It took a while for me to realize that, among some branches of Christians, there is virtue in ‘moving beyond’ the Bible. Most Witnesses will assume that if they can demonstrate they are adhering to th

I think it would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using. Not my words. But I agree with the sentiment. The early Christian church found it diffic

I think that some brothers feel they can do a lot more good for both the organization and the congregations overall by not declaring themselves apostates, even if they hold beliefs different from the

Posted Images

7 hours ago, George88 said:

Vlastite riječi Hastingsa Kamuzua Bande.

Ljudi nas, kao naciju, nazivaju diktaturom. Mislim na novinare, koji pišu iz Londona i drugih mjesta, koji ne znaju ništa o ovoj zemlji. Kažu: "Kamuzu je diktator; Malavi je diktatura". Na primjer, u Londonu postoji čovjek po imenu Patrick Keatley, koji je na jednom od tamošnjih sastanaka rekao: "Malavi je diktatura; dr. Banda je bio u redu za borbu protiv Federacije, ali nije da vlada zemljom. On je diktator",

Laž:

Ponavljam: ljudi koji ne poznaju istinu o ovoj zemlji, posebno novinski novinari izvan ove zemlje, bilo u Europi ili drugim dijelovima Afrike, pričaju gluposti o ovoj zemlji. Mi nismo diktatura. Ako jesmo, ta diktatura je zasnovana na volji i želji samog naroda. I kad kažem ljudi, ne mislim samo na ljude u Blantyreu, Lilongweu i Zombi, već mislim na ljude u selima. Na te ljude mislim.

Neravnopravna propaganda:

Ovo je naš Ustav, namjerno je napravljen na ovaj način da svi dijelovi naše zajednice, stranački čelnici, tradicionalni vladari, predstavnici lokalne vlasti, žene, mladi, trebaju biti zastupljeni u tijelu koje odlučuje o politici ove zemlje. To je naša vrsta demokracije, što god drugi mislili. 

Kao što sam više puta rekao, demokracija ne može značiti istu stvar u Westminsteru, Washingtonu, Parizu, Bonnu, kao u Malaviju, jer su uvjeti i okolnosti koje su dovele do demokracije u Westminsteru, Washingtonu, Bonnu, Parizu, prilično različiti od uvjeta u Malaviju. Zato inzistiram na tome da nitko u Europi, Americi ili Aziji ne smije očekivati da kopiramo našu vrstu demokracije nakon njihove jer su uvjeti sasvim drugačiji, sasvim drugačiji. Onima koji žele imati posla s nama, moraju nas prihvatiti onakvima kakvi jesmo bez pokušaja nametanja vlastitih ideja demokracije. 

Kao što sam rekao prošle i pretprošle godine, izgradnja nacije i stranke mora značiti izgradnja nacije i stranke politički, ekonomski, moralno i duhovno . A to se, opet, kao što sam rekao prošle godine, ne može učiniti ako svi ne održavamo i strogo se pridržavamo četiri kamena temeljca na kojima su izgrađene naša stranka i vlada; naime: jedinstvo, odanost, poslušnost i disciplina. 

All this described is the same or similar to how religions behave. They can have doctrines and internal rules for their believers as they wish and do not allow that right to be denied to them. "Freedom of religion" is defended in the courts. WTJWorg, much like the President of Malawi, guards own "property".

11 hours ago, Many Miles said:

I’m not sure what you read as a typo. Do you think “ allegience” is the proper spelling of allegiance? Is that what you’re talking about? 

No. That was my own typo. Sorry. It was the phrase "So held me God" instead of "So help me God." And Pudgy was only highlighting the part that says "Port of departure" instead of "Date of Departure" where part of the word "ALLEGIANCE" appeared writ large.

11 hours ago, Pudgy said:

The one you provided seems to be something issued by and on an ocean going vessel at a port of departure (?)

However, I note that Elizabeth's 1922 application (above) also contains "Port." I now suspect you are right however because I searched such images on Google and have now seen several different versions of the application form from the early 1900's, and I have now seen a few versions with typos in other places, although this is the only one I saw with the word "held". It was a ripe place for a typo however because some versions changed the font to italic only at that sentence. Some highlighted different words in that sentence. 

I brought it up, however, because major ex-JW sites are usually super-careful about never faking anything, especially because Witnesses so often claim that ex-JWs and non-JWs "always" fake things or take them out of context. Even claiming that photocopies of the literature have been faked. I have been through large portions of jwfacts.com, RF's CoC, COJ's GTR, etc., looking for exactly that kind of thing, and have never found a claim that could be countered with these common complaints. And where evidence exists elsewhere, it has ALWAYS supported the claims in those particular places. I can't say as much for ALL the ex-JW sites, because I haven't checked, but I know there is also a lot of misinformation out there from all sides. 

17 hours ago, Thinking said:

I seen many years ago on another site which I think is redundant now….i was never sure what to make of it…..this oath must have had many brothers and sisters who travelled overseas compromise themselves.

I signed almost precisely the same oath on my first passport. And yes I noticed it but it was easily explained away by my parents as just a necessary part of doing business in this world, and that all the brothers who need a passport sign it. Still, it felt funny when reading this scripture:

(Matthew 5:36, 37) . . .Do not swear by your head, since you cannot turn one hair white or black. 37  Just let your word ‘Yes’ mean yes, your ‘No,’ no, for what goes beyond these is from the wicked one.

12 hours ago, Thinking said:

I love Russell but I don’t understand what he is saying here,.

Don't know if this will help, but I think he is just saying that when a foreigner comes to another country, that foreigner must still obey the laws of that country. But there is a limit to that obedience, because a foreigner isn't required to take an oath of allegiance or obedience in everything. For example, would a Chinese citizen visiting Australia be required to fight for Australia against China if war between the countries broke out during their visit? (Or vice versa.) In the same way, Russell says that Bible Students are all for obedience to the laws, but don't take an oath of obedience and allegiance in all things, because Bible Students are essentially "foreigners" in their own country when it comes to their higher allegiance to God. 

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I want to make a little joke about the idea of JWs who are considered to only be "foreigners" in some country they live. Do JWs have dual citizenship? In which "country" are they tax residents? Will they be double taxed?

Do JWs have dual citizenship? In which "country" are they tax residents? Will they be double taxed?

13 hours ago, Thinking said:

I love Russell but I don’t understand what he is saying here,.

Simply put, Pastor Russell's position on an oath of allegiance is of respect for human authority, while his real allegiance lies with God and with the "King of Kings." His citizenship was in heaven.

A MATTER OF CONSCIENCE

ACTS 24:16: “And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offense toward God, and toward men.

“Of course, no country forces aliens into the army; and were it recognized that true Christians are aliens as respects earthly governments, the whole question might solve itself. The Bible Students’ claim is that the followers of Jesus have their citizenship in heaven, and that by giving their obedience to the heavenly Lord they renounce in a degree their allegiance to earthly kings — governments. It is for this reason that we have long advocated that the fully consecrated abstain from voting on political issues. if they so vote, they are identifying themselves with the earthly kingdoms, and might properly enough be called upon to shoot as they vote — to support the government which they helped to create.

The application for a passport may seem like a mere human formality, but it is in fact an essential requirement for international travel. There is no issue in this case as it does not involve any other conditions of loyalty. This argument lacks the crucial element that is needed. As a result, it holds no significance.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.