The World News Media

The Bible and Politics (and Israel and Russia and . . . )

JW Insider

• Views 742
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My overall point is that most Witnesses I know in the United States are very political and don't even know it. Often much more political than their neighbors who vote. There are certain limits to what

He even says he drives a Subaru: I’ve never heard a Tucker excerpt I didn’t like. That said, I haven’t heard too many. None of those other people do I know. In the early days of Covid, howe

It doesn’t matter. No matter what the topic is or where it is, it always boils down to a squabble with George.

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Anna said:

I am trying to figure out under which forum this topic is....

I always take a topic I'm reading, and if I want to share something about a related subject, I just click on "Create a New Topic" from there. If it was about music, I'll make the new topic about music; if it was about JWs, I'll make it about JWs. I don't usually care what Club it's in, if any. I must have been reading a topic about JWs and just clicked "Create a New Topic" without looking at the Club.

When I saw that the topic was not in the JW Closed or JW Open "Club" I tried to move it in the same way I can move a post to another topic. The pulldown menu I get for moving it allows me to move it to the "JW Topics" or JWs Only Topics." [farther down on the list]

I picked "JW Topics" but it didn't move it to the "Club."

Anyway, I wanted it in the Open Club because I wanted George/BTK/etc to feel free to complain openly about it. (I have to admit, this was my actual thought and reason before moving it, because I had referenced him obliquely in the opening paragraph. He has made so many specific condemnations of against Fox News and Trump, for example.)

image.png

59 minutes ago, BTK59 said:

Wait a minute, he has access to the closed club? 

Are you kidding? That's absolutely the last place where I would ever want to have access. Therefore, my answer is a resounding no! I have no desire whatsoever to be a hypocrite. ¬¬

On 4/12/2024 at 2:18 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

I think we can take Geo Jackson’s words as a template. ‘You don’t want to take sides,’ he says, and to show the challenge of keeping neutral, he uses the example of contesting politicians in Australia, one of whom wanted to draft people of Jackson’s age into the military and one of whom did not. Now that would test your resolve to stay neutral, he said, nonetheless you must do it.

If he was as ignorant of politics as some seem to think is the gold standard, he would not have even known which politician’s views would be to his benefit and which one would not. Of course, I leaned into him on this point, informing him that:

A brilliant analysis, TrueTom. Absolutely spot-on! Of course, all of your posts are and I have come to expect no less of you.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Adhominem said:

A brilliant analysis, TrueTom. Absolutely spot-on! Of course, all of your posts are and I have come to expect no less of you.

Thank you, Dr. Adhominem. Coming from such a learned source as you, it means a lot. I pledge to always do my best.

See Tom, it's not that difficult to create different accounts by the same person; you just proved it. lol! 

The self-downvote is a nice touch. This means you and James have something in common, and proved the concept of a dozen being a cast of thousands is correct. xD

What in the world are you talking about? I have no idea who those two fellows are.

As for the downvote, it’s because Vic Vomodog and I used to pull shoulder to shoulder in the work until he went over to the dark side. Believe me, he hated the book TrueTom vs the Apostates! and rejoiced when I took it down for a few misspellings.

4 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

What in the world are you talking about? I have no idea who those two fellows are.

We all have our own unique realities to explore. I found Vic the Parrot's criticisms of the Watchtower on JW.com quite entertaining, until I discovered it was you! lol!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.