Queen Esther

A Fire Tornado in Australia - NEVER SEEN IN REAL !!

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Queen Esther -
Queen Esther -

Top Posters

10 minutes ago, Queen Esther said:

Tell  me.....     who  is  it ????

One of the Looney Tunes, Warner Brothers cartoon characters called the Tasmanian Devil, or just "TAZ" for short, as in Charles "Taz" Russell. Since Tasmania is an Australian state, and Taz is not only a volatile, fiery personality, but he is often seen in "tornado" form, I just knew it had to be him.

Tasmanian+Devil.jpg

Aha...  ok !   But  sorry,  I  don't  know  all  cartoos,  hahaha    The  bunny  I  remember  from  Germany  in  the  past !   But  I  don't  watch  such  of  movies  or  video's :(  Everybody  has  their  own  FAV. !  :D

1 minute ago, Queen Esther said:

Aha...  ok !   But  sorry,  I  don't  know  all  cartoos,  hahaha

What do you call Caleb in the Caleb and Sophia cartoons?

Is there any negative stigma associated with someone in Germany who was named Caleb? Or was the word used with a negative meaning? I hear it's only in Germany that he got a name change.

We  are  using  the  same  names,  Caleb  and  Sophia  or  Sofia....   These  are  NOT  cartoons  I  think  so,  bec.  NO  drawings !    I  never  heard  its  negative,  NO !   You  was  before  telling  from  cartoons,  thats  alot  different  to  Caleb & Sofia...    I  need  a  break  now  -  bec.  its  late / early....   in  Germany !    Best  wishes  from  here :)   SEE  US !

On 7/4/2017 at 0:08 AM, Queen Esther said:

We  are  using  the  same  names,  Caleb  and  Sophia  or  Sofia....

In English, if you go to jw.org you find the following statement:

The video series Become Jehovah’s Friend, featuring songs and the animated characters Caleb and Sophia, has proved to be hugely popular. Parents and children alike have written to express appreciation for various videos in the series.

If you change the language to German, you get the following statement:

Philipp und Sophia sind die Hauptfiguren der Trickfilmreihe Werde Jehovas Freund. Die Kinderfilme und Lieder sind bei Eltern und Kindern äußerst beliebt. Das haben viele mit Dankesbriefen zum Ausdruck gebracht.

In Croatian, it's Dino and Lea. In Danish, it's Lucas and Sofie. In Italian it's Lele and Sofia. in Spanish it's Caleb and Sofia.

So I didn't mean it was a negative thing, but there are a couple of Germans named Caleb, so I wondered why they changed it to Philipp. I thought maybe there might have been a man named Caleb in Germany who had a bad reputation.

16 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I hear it's only in Germany that he got a name change.

In the Czech Republic he is called Kuba and Sofia is Lucka. Just very common names.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.