Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TheWorldNewsOrg -
James Thomas Rook Jr. -

Top Posters

YOU  GUY'S  NOT  SEEN  ALL  PERSONS  ON  THIS  PIC ??

I  SEE  A  VERY  SPECIAL  BODY - LANGUAGE.....  OH  YES !!

ALL  MEN  DOING  NOTHINGS !!    ALSO  TRUMP'S  ARM'S  SHOWING  A LOT !

ONLY  OUR  ANGELA  IS  ACTING  -  LIKE  ALWAYS !!

SHE  IS  MOSTLY  SO  TOUGH !   WOW !!!!

TRUMP  ONLY  CAN  "TWITTERN"....  OR  MAKING  OTHER  MISTAKES  -

THE  WHOLE  WORLD  IS  LAUGHING  OVER  HIM xD

WHAT  A  CRAZY  AND  DANGEROUS  USA  "PRESIDENT"......

1 hour ago, admin said:

Just curious as to why you think Angela Merkel is the most powerful?

Here's a relevant quote:

Also see the Daily Mail article from a couple of years ago: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3303677/Putin-declared-powerful-man-world-Forbes-magazine-Angela-Merkel-replacing-President-Obama-second-place.html

• Putin is declared the most powerful man in the world by Forbes magazine... with Angela Merkel replacing President Obama in second place

• Vladimir Putin is declared world's most powerful for third year in a row
  • German Chancellor Angela Merkel steals runner-up from Barack Obama
  • First year a sitting U.S. President has not made it into the top two 

It's a comment on how much power the US has supposedly lost due loss of trust in the US Gov't for negotiating power. Trump's pulling out of prior international agreements indicates to nations that the US cannot be trusted to keep an agreement, and therefore the US loses powerful leverage as a player among other nations. Germany keeps control over international monetary policy in a way that the US can no longer manage. And the potential drain on the "full faith and credit of the US Govt" backing our Treasury bonds. (The way we [USA] try to sell our debt to other countries to pay for things like Trump's trillion dollar tax cut to favor the wealthy. As it is we will have to raise interest rates on Treasury bonds to entice foreign countries to fund this trillion dollars.)

18 minutes ago, Queen Esther said:

ONLY  OUR  ANGELA  IS  ACTING  -  LIKE  ALWAYS !!

Oh YEAH??!! Well what about OUR TRUMP?!!!

(No, I am just kidding. I do not regard either of them as “ours,” no any human spokesperson. And I know you do not either; it is but a speechism.)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• @JW Insider Quote " The day's text is about the resurrection, and the commentary speaks of the importance of including this among our key doctrines, as if it might not have been "up there" with the rest. " That seems rather strange to me. But then they are getting short of things to say.  However, i would have thought every Christian, no matter what ever 'sect' or  pigeon hole you put them in, would definitely believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and put it up near the top of important beliefs.  However making Bible Facts, doctrines, seems unfair to God and to the Bible itself.  doctrine a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a Church, political party, or other group.   It's as if the JW Org tries to 'own' such things. @TrueTomHarley quite often goes on about the things that the JW Org teaches. As if those things 'belonged to the JW Org'.  Whereas a lot of the same beliefs are held by thousands of people, and they not all being of the same organisation.     Quote " The Teaching about Christ's Kingdom -  Of course that final one might be a nod to "1914" as a key teaching, but it is worded here in such a way that no one could dismiss Christ's Kingdom as a key teaching. "   Now here we see a difference between Bible truth and JW doctrine.    Christ's Kingdom is Bible truth.   1914 is JW Org doctrine.   (This would bring us back to. Would a person be d/fed or 'watched' if they did not believe the 1914 doctrine?)    Matthew 22 v 44    ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’? So if Jesus was to sit at Gods right hand, until God had put Jesus' enemies beneath Jesus' feet.  Then Jesus could not have had the power to do it himself. Therefore surely Jesus was not ruling as King immediately ?    As for 1914, we know that no one of the Bible Students or JW leaders, were or are inspired of Holy Spirit. So maybe 1914 is just another guess or misuse of scriptures.    What is your view of the difference between 'Core doctrines' and Key teachings ?    And you seem to keep swapping expressions from Core doctrines, to Core teachings, to Key teachings.  Can you explain the difference please ?    
    • I confess that I am falling well short of the 100 times a day that I ought. I ask your forgiveness. Human limitations is the only excuse I have to offer. If you negate the upside, then all there is left to look at is the downside, and that is the case with many here.  I keep coming back to a line from The Scarlet Letter: “It is remarkable, that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quietude to the external regulations of society.” Nobody speculates more boldly, departing from the herd-like thinking of this world, than Jehovah’s Witnesses. True to that Hawthorn line, they have no difficulty conforming to the “external regulations of their society.” Though Hawthorn does not say it, the reverse is also true. Those who cannot “conform to the external regulations of that society” and so leave it, perhaps guys like Shiwiiiii, are the most non-bold thinkers of all. They are individualistic in superfluous ways, but conformist in all the ways that matter.
    • Perhaps you are reading something into the book of Jude that I haven't been able to see. To me, the reason for the letter was this: Jude 4 I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. This was similar to the problem in Corinth, where certain brothers were PROUD that they could put up with a notorious case of incest, due to a misunderstanding and misuse of "undeserved kindness." (1 Corinthians 5:1, 2) . . .Actually sexual immorality is reported among you, and such immorality as is not even found among the nations—of a man living with his father’s wife. 2 And are you proud of it? Should you not rather mourn, so that the man who committed this deed should be taken away from your midst? Such persons who used the idea of forgiveness, mercy, and undeserved kindness (grace), as an excuse for loose/brazen conduct were not blowing the whistle on wrongdoing, but were PROMOTING wrongdoing. It was the same as dismissing and speaking abusively against things that Jesus himself had said to "prove false to our only owner and Lord, Jesus Christ." Michael wouldn't even speak abusively of the Devil and yet these people are going to go further than that and think it's OK to speak abusively of Jesus and the angels? It's also possible that the leaders (elders) are considered the "glorious ones" but this makes less sense to me. Perhaps a topic for further discussion?
    • :)) sorry for poor quality of video. Language is Croatian with few Italian refren. Train To Genoa I haven't seen you for a long time And now I am on my way to you On the cold window glass I wrote Your name and Rijeka - Genoa   I haven't seen you for a long time Are you still the one I know? This train is cozy But I'm restless I'm drinking my third coffee On the train to Genoa   [Refrain] Do you still love me, tell me What does your heart say Are we still together If that's not love Tell me what is love Tell me truthfully   I remember everything You can see the bay Ships' lights from your room But I, I don't want it to end This train is running late I hope you're waiting for me https://lyricstranslate.com/en/il-treno-genova-train-genoa.html
    • You made good points. I would like to reformulate idea in question you put in focus:  Are you ready to die for beliefs ? Nothing about to die for core doctrines or less important doctrines. Because they can be changed. They can be truth, of course, but they can be useless fantasy, too.
    • Yes but everything was kept 'in house' back then. And still is probably.  The American courts / authorities can't even get their hands on the 20 + year Child Sexual Abuse database which should have been handed over years ago. So who knows what's hidden in there.  There are probably documents hidden away that go back 70 + years. Didn't Australia have info from 50 years ago that the ARC used ? I would think USA info would go back further.  It would be wonderful to see the whole Watchtower / JW Org / GB opened up wide to the public, in the public interest. Then, and only then, could people make a sensible judgement as to if they want to be part of that Org.  You may think I want the JW Org / Watchtower Soc' to crash, but in truth I don't. I just want it made clean. As @TrueTomHarley says (100 times a day) that some folks are only looking at the downside of the GB and it's Org. BUT Genuine people will be trying to find TRUTH within the muck, that's all.  And @TrueTomHarley also said "She knows there is a downside. She knows it is a price well worth paying in view of the upside... " To quote John Butler, (as Mr Harley is convinced that is who I am), Collateral Damage then. The victims of Child Sexual Abuse, the victims of wrongful disfellowshipping, the victims of wrongful shunning.  The Lies told by the Writing dept and the GB. The false teachings. The false predictions.  One could also include the unnecessary deaths of people dying through lack of blood, but that one is still debatable as the true meaning of the scriptures on that are not exactly known. Hence the GB keep moving the goal posts. And i will believe Matthew 12 v 9 -12. where Jesus talks about saving lives.  @Arauna only' knows it is a price well worth paying' because she isn't actually paying that price. 
  • Popular Now