The World News Media

One Of The Saddest Things Done In The Name of Religion - To Not Teach That God Had a Name?

Bible Speaks

18 “I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll;"

19  and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things that are written about in this scroll." (Revelation 22:18,19)

Many religions and an increasing number of Bible translations fail to use and make known God’s personal name. (Psalm 83:18) Yet, in the original Hebrew text, that name—Jehovah—appears about 7,000 times! (Inconsistently, while removing the divine name, most Bible translators retain the names of the many false gods mentioned in the original text, such as Baal, Bel, Merodach, and even Satan!)

Some people feel that the omission of God’s name is a trivial matter. But think: Is it harder or easier to develop a close, enlightened relationship with a nameless person? Such titles as God and Lord (which are also used of false gods) might draw attention to Jehovah’s power, authority, or position, but only his personal name identifies him unequivocally. (Exodus 3:15; 1 Corinthians 8:5, 6)

The personal nameof the true God captures his qualities and characteristics. Theologian Walter Lowrie rightly stated: “A man who does not know God by name does not really know him as a person.”

The Hebrew Scriptures are consistently clear inshowing that there is but one Almighty God, the Creator of all things and the Most High, whose name is Jehovah. (Ge 17:1; Isa 45:18; Ps 83:18

For that reason Moses could say to the nation of Israel: “Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. And you must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your vital force.” (De 6:4, 5

The Christian Greek Scriptures do not contradict this teaching that had been accepted and believed by God’s servants for thousands of years, but instead they support it. (Mr 12:29; Ro 3:29, 30; 1Co 8:6; Eph 4:4-6; 1Ti 2:5

Jesus Christ himself said, “The Father is greater than I am” and referred to the Father as his God, “the only true God.” (Joh 14:28; 17:3; 20:17; Mr 15:34; Re 1:1; 3:12

On numerous occasions Jesus expressed his inferiority and subordination to his Father. (Mt 4:9, 10; 20:23; Lu 22:41, 42; Joh 5:19; 8:42; 13:16

Even after Jesus’ ascension into heaven his apostles continued to present the same picture.—1Co 11:3; 15:20, 24-28;1Pe 1:3; 1Jo 2:1; 4:9, 10.

Jesus’ prayer on behalf of the unity of all his disciples, including future ones, shows that the oneness, or union, between Jesus and his Father was not as to identity of person but as to purpose and action. In this way Jesus’ disciples could “all be one,” just as he and his Father are one.—Joh 17:20-23.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2000761?q=gods+name&p=par

Read God's Word Daily ?

Free Bible to Read at JW.ORG

IMG_3603.PNG

IMG_3604.PNG

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

18 “I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll;"

Given to me recently. Ex. 6:2-3. This is taken from the Bible in the Welsh language (prob.William Morgan ver.) and is useful in Wales, (or anywhere that Welsh is spoken), for the May 2017 special camp

Of  sure...  ONE  DAY,  THE  WHOLE  WORLD,  ALL  HUMANS  WILL  KNOW  THATJEHOVAH  IS  THE  ONLY  TRUE  GOD  FOR  ALL !   HE  IS  LOVE ❤  AND  WILL  GIVE  US  BACK  THE  PARADISE.....  WHAT  A  WONDERF

Posted Images

I have heard the argument that since we don't know exactly how to pronounce it we should not even try. That really does not make any sense. We know where the original name was in the Bible, so at the lease the publishers should leave the four consonants and allow the reader to make their own decision as to how to pronounce it. As it now stands, you have billions of people who believe that God's personal name is God. What crust. There was no "J" in the Hebrew language so any name you come across that has a "J" in it is automatically pronounced wrong; yet, that does not stop people from using those names. Even Jesus was not pronounced Jesus in Hebrew so not using the original Hebrew pronunciation is no excuse for failing to acknowledge that the Almighty God has a personal name and fail to use it. 

IMG_3610.PNG

@David Normand Yet, in the original Hebrew text, that name—Jehovah—appears about 7,000 times! (Inconsistently, while removing the divine name, most Bible translators retain the names of the many false gods mentioned in the original text, such as Baal, Bel, Merodach, and even Satan!) 

We know why Jehovah's Name has been removed. Yes true, Jesus and Jeremiah start with "J" also. 

Even though "Satan" has hid the Name  of Jehovah, it is being proclaimed far and wide today! 

Even prophecies are being fulfilled:

• 7" I will make my holy name known among my people Israel, and I will not allow my holy name to be profaned any longer; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah, the Holy One in Israel."

Thank you for your supporting comment David. Agape,

Bible Speaks 

? ????? ?

Of  sure...  ONE  DAY,  THE  WHOLE  WORLD,  ALL  HUMANS  WILL  KNOW  THAT:)JEHOVAH  IS  THE  ONLY  TRUE  GOD  FOR  ALL !   HE  IS  LOVE   AND  WILL  GIVE  US  BACK  THE  PARADISE.....  WHAT  A  WONDERFUL  TIME  -  YES,  HE  IS  OUR  LOVING  FATHER  ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

@Eoin Joyce  Thanks  for  your  very  interesting  Bible - "cut - out"  -  GREAT !!  :)

Yes I agree too that we should worship the one and only true God.  YHWY which means "I will become" was fulfilled as Jesus Christ the Messiah.  We cannot demote Jesus and focus on YHWY which was the name that he had leading up to the fulfilment of his will; being manifest in the flesh to pay the ransom for mankind.  Yes YHWH was used in the Hebrew scriptures but wasn't used in the Christian Greek Scriptures.  God did this for a reason because Jesus was the sacred secret of God.

Jesus said at John 8:58 Jesus replied, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.”

The Jews knew that YHWY appeared before Abraham and said "I Am."  Therefore they knew he was saying he was God just as Isaiah 9:6 says.  That's why they picked up stones to throw at him.

Jesus created and deserves worship

Revelation 14:7 “Fear God [with awe and reverence], and give Him glory [and honor and praise in worship], because the hour of His judgment has come; [with all your heart] worship Him who created the heaven and the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

Who created the Heavens and the Earth?

Colossians 1:16 "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn(https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_216.cfm) of all creation. 16 For by him(Jesus) all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him(Jesus) and for him(Jesus). 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

We know this is talking about Jesus. 

We can clearly see from the scriptures Jesus is the fulfilment of Jehovah.  That's why Jehovah is not mentioned in the Christian Greek Scriptures. (Check JW Library app and search 'Jehovah' in the Kingdom Interlinear Bible)

Jesus is the name above every other name and the name to which all creation should worship Philippians 2:9,10

May God please open your minds and hearts to fully know him.

Acts 4:11,12  This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone.  And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

^ This is a key scripture.  Note: not by Jehovah's name

Jesus is equal to God

Phil 2:6-8 - see in JW Library app, when reading note, the word 'things' is in brackets which means it is added in there.

I have provided the links to the original Koine Greek as well.

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/philippians/2-6.htm

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/philippians/2-7.htm

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/philippians/2-8.htm

The reason he said the Father was greater than he was is because at that moment he had emptied himself and became as a man.  He also had limitations as that man.  That is why he said 'no one knows the day or the hour except the Father.'

I'm sorry to say @Bible Speaks but 'Jehovah' is an addition to the scroll of Revelation as found in the New World Translation(16 times).  No where is it found there! “I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll;"

Please let God's word speak to you with the Holy Spirit and not in a biased way through a man made organisation.

Epheshians 3:16 I pray that he may grant you through the abundance of his glory to be made mighty in the man you are inside, with power through his spirit, 17 and that through your faith you may have the Christ dwell in your hearts with love.  May you be rooted and established on the foundation, 18 in order that with all the holy ones you may be thoroughly able to comprehend fully what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of the Christ, which surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness that God gives.

14 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

Some people feel that the omission of God’s name is a trivial matter. But think: Is it harder or easier to develop a close, enlightened relationship with a nameless person?

Jesus says at John 14:8,9 Philip said to him: “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
9 Jesus said to him: “Even after I have been with you men for such a long time, Philip, have you not come to know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father also..."

Furthermore what other name can make you feel as close to an Almighty being other than 'Father'

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.