The World News Media

JW's Dance at an International Convention in Jakarta, Indonesia

The Librarian

This would have been unthinkable back in Fred Franz's day...... he would have quoted Moses when coming down from the mountain to hear a different type of music.....

24170709_1614180225328319_669341344224772096_n.mp4

2017 Jakarta, Indonésia.
40.000 in attendance
2000 foreign delegates from:  Russia, USA, Japon, Philippines, Népal, Thaïland, Australa et Timor
515 baptized

Source

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This would have been unthinkable back in Fred Franz's day...... he would have quoted Moses when coming down from the mountain to hear a different type of music..... 24170709_1614180225328319_6693

The raising of the cell phones reminds me of the lighters people used to raise during rock concerts here in the USA.

Its  another  culture....  we  must  accept  it !    Look  the  counts  -  SO  many  people / JW   I  like  the  special  mood  of  our  Brothers !  Btw.  it  was  the  end 

Posted Images

Its  another  culture....  we  must  accept  it !    Look  the  counts  -  SO  many  people / JW :)  I  like  the  special  mood  of  our  Brothers !  Btw.  it  was  the  end  of  this  Convention....  so,  all  were  more  happy :x

@Queen Esther I was always taught that our Theocratic culture supercedes any nationalistic or ethnic culture and traditions. This too I have seen change over time.

Notice that Christians are called "OUT of every nation, tribe " etc. to go up to the mountain of Jehovah. 

"Get OUT of her my people" refers to leaving behind the traditions of the world.

"Quit being fashioned" after the world.

I see a gradual assimilation and relaxation going on that disturbs me.

Don't think large crowds cannot transgress simultaneously. The entire nation did it in front of a smoking literal mountain of Jehovah. 

There is not a "must  accept" when fashion, human traditions, etc.   I just said what came to my mind when I saw that video ... Jehovah will judge if it is right or wrong regarding this. I was raised the same way that @The Librarian. I even remember a young sister making a little movement while singing a song  during a meeting and an older sister scolding her, telling her that we don't dance at "Jehovah's house" now I see a kid dancing at a kindgdom hall while others are singing a song during a meeting and many people say it is cute, in my same culture. 

I  recognize  what  you  mean,  dear  @The Librarian   and  I  also  go  in  distance  to  these  worldly  dancing  in  Jehovah's  house !   But  for  me  its  a  difference  by  this  end  of  Convention  -  I  don't  see  anyone  dancing  there ??  sorry :(  The  thousands  of  JW  waving  with  their  Smartphones  to  a  KD - song,  thats  what  I  see. Not  just  bad,  or ?  :)  

• 1 month later...

This particular scene @Nicole shared, i believe is arranged in advance, flash mob as they called. Empty space for dancers. Or i am wrong - doesn't matter, it is not of big importance, right or wrong conclusion.

Another think, about similar scenes on various conventions in last few years. "Happy Bethel" in NY song and dance, cowboy dance or others scenography. What i have noticed is this; in fact JW members not invented nothing new, they just IMITATE so called "worldly" people and their way of fun, joy, entertainment, satisfaction, approval ... and similar. 

Here we have question. Does worldly people have "wrong" way of entertainment, party, because of only one reason, because they are, in fact "worldly"? :))) In general, according to WT JWorg "worldly" people have not JHVH blessing and approval on anything they doing because devil is their god not JHVH. WT warns for decades about "worldly entertainments", and how JW must have different way to fun, watch how dancing, moving body, what singing, what kind of humor to use and other attempts to regulate this part of human everyday life.  

If JW people on conventions using same way of making party for fellow believers, as worldly people have too, if JW people imitate worldly way how to make joy and fun and entertain each other - then worldly people are not so wrong in choose how they making fun, dance and sing. Because JW people using the same, similar sort of music, dance and jokes and by that justifies worldly people acts. If it is this way then what makes JWorg different, holier, or separate from the "World" and their inhabitants who are not JW members? Then Why main church body bombing  their followers with constant warning to be separate from this "World"? Separate from what, and how - except doctrines of course? :))

Now another picture and way of perception on issue.

David (the king) and his "mad" dancing, mad to some people in public. "And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might".  --

With all his might! Imagine how must looked his dancing! Does not some modern dances (modern must not be only modern in period of last decade, but far back in past time, 20, 40, 70 years in past)  Every older generation are/was,  been disgusted, horrored how young people dance and sing. And that is repeating every 10 years. :))))     Imagine dance on kings court in middle age, or in period of baroque .... until today. In some culture and period of time male and female dancer did not had any touch of body or even not with hands, because of moral. Some people would tell how dancing waltz is very moral dance in compare to tango or even some other ballroom dance. So, how JW people today should look on dancing, singing when all older, previous generation will say (where said) how "today youth is without moral"? :))))) 

Would you as JW dancing like David, with all your might?? on Convention - before the Lord ??? and  before bro/sis? :))))

You see what is under the surface? 

Why JW speak against this world when they are just humans like all other?

I have nothing against JW way of creating their traditions and culture or subculture :))) but please, stop preaching against other people and their conduct because they are "worldly" as your publication named them!  They are just "worldly", and nothing more. :)) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.