The World News Media

Do people really need to know and use the word "Jehovah" or other language equivalents, to truly know God?

Jack Ryan

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

This is assuming that the name was there in the NT at all. You see,  the condemnation is that your writers/leaders have inserted into the Bible a name  that is not recorded to have been found in the NT. Very serious stuff. They insert based on assuming,  not by historical fact. They use the Septuagint as their proof, but most folks know that the Septuagint is just the OT. Going on a maybe or we think so, is dangerous because with out facts to back it up, it is very easy to insert erroneously and thus mislead people. The Bible is very clear not to add or take away. There is no proof that anyone took the tetragramatton out of the NT. If you would like to discuss a scripture or two that addresses Jesus where your leaders have inserted jehovah I can start a thread

If it is very serious stuff to to add God's name in the NT, than it would also be very serious stuff for kings, priests, scribes, scholars, or translators to remove it from the OT "and thus mislead people."  However, God is judge.

If it is a sin or wrong to add God's name to the New Testament or Old Testament, than the same condemnation would apply to other words, scriptures, verses, chapters, passages or books added to many Bible(s), whether OT/NT.  I still fail to see the same outrage or condemnation.  Persons are concerned for the removal of God's name (the most important name they should know), yet not for the addition of words and verses added to their Bibles to mislead them in addition to the removal of the Divine name being replaced with LORD/Lord, GOD/God.

To have better clarity of the verses, I think it is best to know which verses actually should contain the Divine Name whether in the OT or NT as it gives us more insight as to who God is and know him.  The Israelites wanted to know what God's name meant to them, and Jesus said he had made God's name known as he knew him.  It is vital to know God's name and call upon it.

We could argue this matter, it's not here or there until kingdom comes.  Is it relevant to our salvation?  If you feel this is the case, then feel free to produce one or two verses you think misleads the reader by a substitution of God's name.  However, please stay in this thread so we can wrap this up as my time is a bit limited.

• Views 8.5k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus always referred to God as Father, which should help us realize there is more than just pronouncing his name in order to know him.  Jesus made mention many times that by accepting him and his tea

Quite agree. Prostrating oneself involves more Prostrate oneself 1. Lit. to lay oneself out in respect or obedience in front of someone or something. Fall down   to drop or to

3 hours ago, Shiwiii said: "yes, but that is not the question. The question is not about why it is about how. How do you honor one more than the other?" Based on John 5:23: "all may hon

On 5/23/2016 at 0:54 PM, JaniceM said:

Hi Witness, sorry it took me a while to get back to you.  I did read your response several times.  I will again repeat as often as necessary:

Hi Janice, I wasn’t expecting a response, but I appreciate your getting back to me.  This has become a dissertation. Certainly long, but full of vital scriptures pertaining to truth.  I do hope you have patience in reading it, as I know you will find similar statements to my past ones.  Your previous comments are in green.   

If now, God has tolerated the ruining of his creation by sinful man, and devastating wickedness, I would consider that to be dealing with a major problem.  Surely, if God has put up with these conditions for thousands of years so that we might be saved, the least we can do is try to get along while voicing our concerns.

Yes, only by his mercy does he once again look upon a wayward nation.  I agree, it is through his tolerance that it is even possible that we have the gift of everlasting life but getting along under false pretenses is worthless; getting along in truth is righteousness.   OUR concerns should reflect God’s concerns, which is the wickedness found among his own people.  Within the organization “our concerns” are, again, dealt with by a false priesthood and a wicked slave.  The result of this organization running itself has met havoc in child abuse court cases throughout the world, concerning one’s brother or sister.  God’s law cannot be practiced by a self-appointed elder body and anointed ones who have an absolute complete failure rate at prophesy. Deut 18:22

“Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints?  Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?  Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?  If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?  I say this to your shame” 1 Cor 6:1-5a [consider “righteous acts of the saints” Rev 19:8 (1 John 3:10)]

And how does the GB even read the following scriptures without blushing?  (Jer 8:12)

“Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?  But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!  Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!  1 Cor 6:5b-8

I have held My peace a long time,
I have been still and restrained Myself.

Now I will cry like a woman in labor (see Matt 24:8, Rev 12:1,2; 1 Thess 5:3)
I will pant and gasp at once. 

I will bring the blind by a way they did not know;
I will lead them in paths they have not known.
I will make darkness light before them, 
And crooked places straight. (Eph 5:8-14; Luke 3:4)
These things I will do for them,
And not forsake them.

They shall be turned back,
They shall be greatly ashamed,
Who trust in carved images,
Who say to the molded images,

‘You are our gods.’  Isa 42:14,16,17

Although we may be dealing with what can seem to be insurmountable problems, shameful injustices, issues mishandled or not properly addressed, whether past, present, or future, the same could be said of the first century congregation and of Christendom as a whole; except not all have truth.  A team of wild horses could not drag me back as this would be the dog returning to its vomit.  I appreciate what we do have even if it's not perfect. 

This is the thing, Janice, there is no reason to be ‘dragged’ back to any “church” or organization. You are looking at worshiping through an earthly presence. Col 3:1,2; 2 Cor 5:7  Relying solely on God and Christ is what worshiping in the spirit and the truth is all about, with no man intervention or under any physical canopy.  I will resubmit this quote from the Watchtower:
As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today. We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization. Wt ‘90/11/1/p.26

Here is another that conflicts with contemporary doctrine:

"Ask yourself now, Did Christ Jesus, who set our example and told us to follow his example to gain life, join any church organization in his day? No, God does not require us to do that; but he requires us to worship him... We have the Bible to show us the right way. Certainly it is not necessary for a person to become a member of a church to gain everlasting life." Watchtower 1953 Mar 1 p.143 

What is greatly admired, worn and displayed in various forms?  Where are all people directed by your preaching work, but to the words on the blue emblem that now graces each kingdom hall?   Where else are people led through your preaching work if not to an organization?  If we are directed by men whose words “limp on two different opinions”, it is our obligation before God to ask why we aren’t searching our heart for pure understanding aside from an organization that declares the only way to salvation. Prov chapter 2

Thank you for the scriptures declaring your faith in preaching Jesus’s words.    As far as preaching from house to house, have you noticed Luke 10:4-8?  Preaching TRUTH can be done with God’s spirit as it works through an individual.  Zech 4:6  If we doubt this, we shorten the arm of God.  If we think MEN must organize it their way, there is no faith in what God can do.  John 12:38; Isa 52:10; Hos 7:13; Prov 14:12

If for example, Hannah took offense at a priest accusing her of being drunk and decided never to go back to the temple, she would not have had the opportunity to have a child such as Samuel that grew up as a faithful servant of God and to the nation of Israel.  Hannah could have taken the position that a priest being the anointed of God, should have known she was not drunk, but instead added to all the hurt she had experienced from a rival wife. 

Are you equating the temple with the Watchtower organization.  Would she have gone to the temple it if she had questioned whether the temple represented God’s spirit?  She was praying to God in his temple, her faith remained loyal to God.  As far as the opinionated priest, each one of us must answer to God; 2 Cor 5:10; Rom 14:12  This goes for the anointed ones inside and outside of the organization.  Inside, for their tolerance to submitting to lies and supporting an idol; once outside if they continue to teach lies and isolate themselves from the rest of the Body. Ezek 44:10; Mal 2:8; Isa 53:6;  As I’ve said before, the anointed ones today are not only part of the Temple, which is the Body of Christ, but ARE the Temple.  1 Cor 3:16; 6:17,19,20; Eph 2:22; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10

Should we listen to those anointed ones ones who speak from both sides of the mouth? No. James 4:8; Matt 23:25-28; Matt 7:17 Is this this how anointed ones are to teach others, through doctrines pointing to another failed prophesy over the history of many, and causing nothing but confusion?  This is by no means the correct pure good news that Christ preached. WT preaching is based on 1914, causing doublespeak to keep occurring. 2 Pet 3:3,4; 2 Thess 2:2  The teaching of “this generation” continues to revolve around 1914. (If you’re interested in the correct Greek translation for Matt 24:8, it is brought out in a comment I made on this forum under the question, “Has the 1000 years of Kingdom Rule started?”) 

Many who are leaving realize the obvious lack of holy spirit among the anointed leaders. 2 Tim 3:8 The world still lies in turmoil as the ‘good news’ of the kingdom as established in 1914 and preached by the organization continues.  What confusion, which is the Greek meaning for “Babylon”. In 2015, 260,273 were baptized, 156,260+ left or faded from the organization, and not all are accounted for.  Was this the case when God directed his ancient people?  When numbers dropped it was because of their destruction through disobedience to God’s laws and worshiping “the work of their own hands”. Acts 7:41; Exod 32:35,27,28; 1 Cor 10:6,7-11  Haughtiness, arrogance, rebellion and a prideful will caused them to be destroyed. 

“God has removed and devastated nations and kings.  He too has the power to correct his people or congregations”

This is exactly what will happen in the end times, and where we must look to see prophesy fulfillment. The anointed ones are “conquered” by a false prophet and her Gentile Wild Beast not found in Satan’s world but among God’s people. Matt 24:24,25; Rev 13:7,11; Dan 8:24; Rev 19:20

We have the composite false prophet – compare Rev 19:20 and Rev 13:11-16; 1 Cor 6:15-17

It performs signs on behalf of the first beast (Gentile Wild Beast) to deceive those of the earth that had received the mark of the first beast and worshiped its “image” ( We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization.)

According to this WT comment, it can be established that the organization is actually an image that expects obedience from those who are in charge – yes, rulers. Rulers are to be obeyed.  When a person is baptized in the organization, they “present” themselves to this established obedience through their identification as a JW.

Rom 6:16 – “Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?”

"So when we obey elders, we show respect for Jehovah and Jesus, the two greatest Shepherds"

"It is extremely important for us to obey the elders.  Why?  Think of how Jehovah gave instructions to his people so that they could survive difficult times in the past."  WT 11/2013

In Romans 2, Paul is addressing those who “suppress the truth” in ungodliness.  (Dan 8:12)

“You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.  Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.  So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?  Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?  Rom 2:1-4

The Wild Beast image – the organization – is referred to as “mother” This means it has replaced “Jerusalem above”, the mother covenant of those anointed looking toward being “sealed” Gal 4:26; Rev 12:1,2,5; 2:26,27.

As Paul said, “Professing to be wise, they became fools,  and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.” Rom 1:22,23

This is the operation of error, along with the 1914 doctrine, and the lie that this beast image is God breathed (spirit-directed), when in fact it breathes a different spirit given it by the false prophet/harlot/beast. Rev 13:15 Relating that the organization is our life-giving “mother” is a blasphemous act replacing the true Kingdom and all its glory as well as the true “mother” covenant.  Can you see this?

“Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.  He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.”  2 Thess 2:3,4     Dan 8:11

Where else do we find God’s chosen “Temple” but in the organization?  Who are JWs expected to obey if not the elder body, a spiritual Gentile Body and a counterfeit to the Body of Christ which is made up of his chosen spiritual “Jews”.  Who has the power to judge God’s Chosen ones?

“The second beast (false prophet) was given power to give breath (spirit-directed) to the image of the first beast  (organizational image) so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.  It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,  so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.”  Rev 13:15-18

This organizational image or false priesthood is also the “disgusting thing standing in the Holy Place”, an “abomination” and has erased God’s chosen Temple priesthood. Ezek 8:5,6; 44;6-9; 2 Chron 13:9 Symbolically, they are "scattered among the Nations/Gentiles", a locust army that even the Watchtower identifies itself with.   Lev 26:33; Rev 13:10; Dan 8:11,24; 12:7; Rev 13:7; Ezek 34:12; Joel 2:1,2,4; Rev 9:7

By submitting to man’s corporate expectations, they are NOT acceptable to the Lord; their spiritual sacrifice of the lips has been removed.  Dan 8:11-13; 12:21; Mal 2:7-9; Hos 14:2; Heb 13:15

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”  Rom 12:1,2  (1 Pet 2:5; Heb 13:15; John 15:16)

“Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him.” 1 Cor 7:17

In rebuttal, the priests of Israel did not just congregate among themselves.  They were scattered throughout the twelve tribes of Israel and they cooperated with the prophets, older men and kings.  I also see where the kings, older men/elders and prophets provided more instruction than the priests. Numbers 11:25 Then Jehovah came down in a cloud and spoke to him and took away some of the spirit that was upon him and put it upon each of the seventy older men. And it came about that as soon as the spirit settled down upon them, then they proceeded to act as prophets; . . . 29 However, Moses said to him: “Are you feeling jealous for me? No, I wish that all of Jehovah’s people were prophets, because Jehovah would put his spirit upon them!” 30 Later Moses withdrew to the camp, he and the older men of Israel.

In this case, Holy Spirit came directly from God, whereas an elder body is appointed based on “scriptural qualifications” by other men.  Are your local elders part of the anointed Temple of God? 1 Cor 3:16; 1 Pet 2:5; Eph 2:20-22

Because the Body of Christ is God’s Temple, anointed are to be as one in Christ and ‘not their own’. 1 Cor 6:19,20  If Christ is the Head Shepherd of the congregation, those who are his would follow also as  shepherds in the congregation, which would bring glory to God. John 21:17 Christ, as well as the early apostles taught, admonished, how this Body is to stay complete and cherish each member, which does not exist in a setting where spiritual food offered by another priest is tossed out, as well as the priest. Matt 24:48-51

"In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.  John 14:20

“For as the body is one and has many parts, and all the parts of that body, though many, are one body—so also is Christ. 1 Cor 12:1

“that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.” 1 Cor 12:25

“you yourselves, as living stones, are being built into a spiritual house for a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”  1 Pet 2:5

By submitting to man’s earthly corporate expectations, they cannot be found acceptable to the Lord.

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”  Rom 12:1,2

The anointed were happy to be ridiculed, humiliated and face all sort of persecution and death, but yet now at this time of the end, how can they be silent, oppressed and voiceless of their lowly status and servitude?  Surely, God's spirit has not failed them:   "The newly created Temple, Christ's Body" or "anointed ones"

No, God’s spirit has not failed them, as we see by these words:

I will bring the blind by a way they did not know;
I will lead them in paths they have not known.
I will make darkness light before them, 
And crooked places straight.

God’s spirit is calling them out of an oppressed situation in order to be refined, cleansed and found worthy to be sealed, yet only a few will listen.  Rom 11:7-10; Isa 1:9; Rev 18:4-8; 3:18; Mal 3:2,3; Rev 18:4-8;

“I will bring the one–third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’; And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”  Zech 13:9

Because of his tolerance through grace, He has allowed this operation of error for exactly the purpose of refinement of each heart. Luke 22:31 Once disfellowshiped for their testimony of Jesus, ridicule, persecution and a spiritual “death” occurs; thus, disfellowshiping fulfills prophesy.  Rev 12:14;11:8  As you will notice with this summer's conventions, shunning is taking on a more severe form. The underlying reason is to instill further fear in the anointed ones, Satan’s primary target, as well as all who listen to the lies.  Matt 16:25; Luke 17:26-32; Rev 11:8; Gen 3:15; Eph 6:12

“Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuteme, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.”  John 15:20

Who are “they”?  His own people!  Who cause persecution on those who choose to serve God and Christ completely?  Their own people, anointed brothers and all sheep from the organization.

How true are Paul’s words when directed to the GB:

“We are fools for Christ, but you [GB] are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored!  To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless.  We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.” 1 Cor 4:10-13

Jehovah’s Witnesses, on the other hand, are never persecuted for their witness of Jesus, but only in the name of an organization.

Look at the word, “mediator” in 1 Tim 2:5.  Strong’s indicates the word as meaning a “go-between”, “arbitrator”.  If obedience is required to an elder body, and immediate “go-between”, our mediator in Christ has lost first place in our lives. Subtly, the organization ‘shuts up the kingdom’ through this arrangement.  Matt 23:13

It is God’s own people that treat God’s Chosen ones and all who realize salvation is found only in God and Christ and not the organization, as scum of the earth through the disfellowshiping decree.   By refusing to bear the “mark” or identity of “Jehovah’s Witnesses”, a cutting off from family, friends ensues.

John 16:2 – “They will put you out of (meaning of Greek is “excommunicate”) the synagogue (“congregation”); in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills (“figuratively or literally”) you will think they are offering a service to God.” (to keep the congregation clean)

The only spiritual “currency” allowed in Rev 13:17 is supplied by the false prophet and among those who bear the name “Jehovah’s Witnesses”.  Actions as well as agreeing to the baptism questions are the “mark” of the Beast.  Now, you most likely are thinking I’m daft.  Keep in mind, always God has disciplined his own Chosen ones by allowing captivity, cleansing, and repentance to bring his people to their senses.  And only a remnant are keen enough to take heed and turn directly to God for salvation.

If anointed remain under this power, they will not be sealed in Christ. Rev 14:1; 7:3 The only spirit-directed ‘organization’ is the Body of Christ – God’s Temple, anything else is counterfeit.  Rev 13:1,5,6; 2 Thess 2:4

I have deviated from a few of your comments; and really, I believe you are set in the organization, although I truly hope your eyes open to the true “good news” of the kingdom being preached now, which is the restoration of “Jacob”. Isa 2:2-5; 56:7; 2 Pet 1:18; Zech 8:2,3; Joel 3:17; Rev 14:1

“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.  But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge [“to flog, literally or figuratively, chastise”] you in their synagogues [“congregation”]. You will be brought before governors [“a leader of any kind, a guide, ruler”] and kings [anointed GB] for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.  But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;  for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

21 “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death [“literally or figuratively”].  And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.  When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.  Matt 10:16-23

Can you see that the “cities of Israel” concerns those anointed ones within the organization who must listen to their Master and “come out”, repent and be sealed?  Satan, on the other hand, wants you to believe the source of this persecution is found within his world. John 18:36

“And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed “ Rev 7:4

However, if you feel a need to bring up all these other issues or they continue to disturb your conscience, maybe you should pray fervently to Jehovah to help you do what's right in this regard.   

Thank you for your suggestion of which I daily do – that is, approach the Father in prayer.  The only “issue” I have is that those in the WT remain in captivity and refuse to “come out”.  Isa 48:20; 2 Tim 2:25,26; 2 Tim 3:1-9  For many years I was in the organization, then disfellowshiped for realizing and stating God and Christ are our salvation as scriptures dictate. Upon leaving, I have found where the “eagles have gathered” and have been richly blessed. Luke 17:37; Rev 12:6  I hope all JWs do also, before it’s too late. Perhaps, if you are willing to consider it, this article will give more insight.

http://pearl-anillustration.blogspot.com

21 hours ago, JaniceM said:

If it is a sin or wrong to add God's name to the New Testament or Old Testament, than the same condemnation would apply to other words, scriptures, verses, chapters, passages or books added to many Bible(s), whether OT/NT.  I still fail to see the same outrage or condemnation.  Persons are concerned for the removal of God's name (the most important name they should know), yet not for the addition of words and verses added to their Bibles to mislead them in addition to the removal of the Divine name being replaced with LORD/Lord, GOD/God.

So what you are telling me is that even though the preface of these Bibles tells us plainly that LORD is placed where YHWH is, that is misleading? Since no one knows the correct spelling or pronunciation of YHWH, it is unacceptable to use LORD in your view? Also, because someone else has done something questionable, it clears the rest who have done worse?  I say worse because YHWH was never in the NT, ever! That is not just replacing, but rather adding. If you want to take adding the word "the" or "and" or whatever as the basis for your case to support that others have "added" to the Bible, I'm sorry but I do not entertain that as being the same. Changing the meaning of a text to support an organizations beliefs is far more serious. The wt is notorious for this in their version of the Bible when the exact words are used of both God the Father and then of Jesus. 

21 hours ago, JaniceM said:

To have better clarity of the verses, I think it is best to know which verses actually should contain the Divine Name whether in the OT or NT as it gives us more insight as to who God is and know him.  The Israelites wanted to know what God's name meant to them, and Jesus said he had made God's name known as he knew him.  It is vital to know God's name and call upon it.

No verses should contain the Divine name in the NT, because it never was there to begin with. If we are commanded to use it, then why didn't Jesus tell us this in His instructions on prayer? Matthew 6:9-13, If this were "vital to call upon the Divine name"  wouldn't this be a great opportunity for Jesus to teach this  since He is giving example on how to pray? Seems to me, Jesus never left out what is vital. 

11 hours ago, Witness said:

Hi Janice, I wasn’t expecting a response, but I appreciate your getting back to me.  This has become a dissertation. Certainly long, but full of vital scriptures pertaining to truth.  I do hope you have patience in reading it, as I know you will find similar statements to my past ones.  Your previous comments are in green.   

As if what I wrote is not long enough, I find I repeated a few paragraphs.  So sorry.

On 5/31/2016 at 9:13 PM, Witness said:

As if what I wrote is not long enough, I find I repeated a few paragraphs.  So sorry.

I don't seem to be getting the responses from the forum.  Just happened to log in and saw some replies from you and someone else.  I'll try and respond when I can.

On 5/31/2016 at 0:08 PM, Shiwiii said:

So what you are telling me is that even though the preface of these Bibles tells us plainly that LORD is placed where YHWH is, that is misleading? Since no one knows the correct spelling or pronunciation of YHWH, it is unacceptable to use LORD in your view? Also, because someone else has done something questionable, it clears the rest who have done worse?  I say worse because YHWH was never in the NT, ever! That is not just replacing, but rather adding. If you want to take adding the word "the" or "and" or whatever as the basis for your case to support that others have "added" to the Bible, I'm sorry but I do not entertain that as being the same. Changing the meaning of a text to support an organizations beliefs is far more serious. The wt is notorious for this in their version of the Bible when the exact words are used of both God the Father and then of Jesus. 

No verses should contain the Divine name in the NT, because it never was there to begin with. If we are commanded to use it, then why didn't Jesus tell us this in His instructions on prayer? Matthew 6:9-13, If this were "vital to call upon the Divine name"  wouldn't this be a great opportunity for Jesus to teach this  since He is giving example on how to pray? Seems to me, Jesus never left out what is vital. 

I am not telling you anything other than what I have previously stated.  It is seriously wrong to remove God's name when there was no clear direction from God to do so, and it is hypocritical to complain when others try to correct the apparent deception and manipulation of God's word; in addition to the changing of God's word by inserting whole verses, clauses and phrases by notorious Bible translators.  Therefore, I prefer not to waste my time with elementary things of the mind, grade school articles and conjunctions. 

Since the habit of removing God's name in the original OT scriptures, it would be naive to think the same did not occur within the NT.  It was not until the 20th century that solid proof was found that God's name was included in the original writings of the OT, therefore, we do not have to wait another two thousand years to realize Jesus also spoke his Father's name when he was on earth, and it wasn't LORD or GOD.

"Although none of the extant Greek New Testament manuscripts contain the Tetragrammaton, scholar George Howard has suggested that the Tetragrammaton appeared in the original New Testament autographs,[9] and that "the removal of the Tetragrammaton from the New Testament and its replacement with the surrogates κυριος and θεος blurred the original distinction between the Lord God and the Lord Christ."[9] In the Anchor Bible Dictionary, Howard states: "There is some evidence that the Tetragrammaton, the Divine Name, Yahweh, appeared in some or all of the OT quotations in the NT when the NT documents were first penned." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetragrammaton_in_the_New_Testament

Janice-"and it is hypocritical to complain when others try to correct the apparent deception and manipulation of God's word; "

There is no proof for them to correct anything in the NT. I see that it matters not to you.

Janice- "It was not until the 20th century that solid proof was found that God's name was included in the original writings of the OT, therefore, we do not have to wait another two thousand years to realize Jesus also spoke his Father's name when he was on earth, and it wasn't LORD or GOD."

Wow, I can't believe what you just said. You want to take the assumption of man as if it were fact. There is no evidence Janice, none. 

Janice - "Although none of the extant Greek New Testament manuscripts contain the Tetragrammaton, "

Right here is the answer in your quote, you just choose to listen to men instead if the fact that in God's word it's not there.

3 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

Janice-"and it is hypocritical to complain when others try to correct the apparent deception and manipulation of God's word; "

There is no proof for them to correct anything in the NT. I see that it matters not to you.

Janice- "It was not until the 20th century that solid proof was found that God's name was included in the original writings of the OT, therefore, we do not have to wait another two thousand years to realize Jesus also spoke his Father's name when he was on earth, and it wasn't LORD or GOD."

Wow, I can't believe what you just said. You want to take the assumption of man as if it were fact. There is no evidence Janice, none. 

Janice - "Although none of the extant Greek New Testament manuscripts contain the Tetragrammaton, "

Right here is the answer in your quote, you just choose to listen to men instead if the fact that in God's word it's not there.

What matters is God's name where it rightfully belongs, despite those that 'chose to listen to men' and Satan to craftily remove it.  We have all the information we need to make an informed decision, just as those that need to see God to have proof he exists, others have all the proof and evidence they need.  Many additions/corrections and "assumptions of men" (scholars; translators), have been made in relation to the OT and NT.  These deliberate insertions are accepted as fact by the masses, and the majority don't seem to know or care.  Therefore I could care less about their temper tantrums at this time of the end.  They cannot "cannot turn one hair white or black." (Matt 5:37) 

Assumptions of "men":  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetragrammaton_in_the_New_Testament

1). "Along with Howard, David Trobisch and Rolf Furuli both have suggested that the Tetragrammaton may have been removed from the Greek manuscripts.[10]:66–67[11]:179–191 In the book Archaeology and the New Testament, John McRay wrote of the possibility that the New Testament autographs may have retained the divine name in quotations from the Old Testament.[12]Robert Baker Girdlestone stated in 1871 that if the Septuagint had used "one Greek word for Jehovah and another for Adonai, such usage would doubtless have been retained in the discourses and arguments of the N.T. Thus our Lord in quoting the 110th Psalm,...might have said 'Jehovah said unto Adoni.'"[13] Since Girdlestone's time it has been shown that the Septuagint contained the Tetragrammaton, but that it was removed in later editions.[14]"

2).  "Over the centuries, various translators have inserted the Tetragrammaton into Hebrew versions of the New Testament. One of the earliest Rabbinical translations of Matthew is mixed in with the 1385 critical commentary of Shem-Tob. He includes the Tetragrammaton written out or abbreviated 19 times, while occasionally including the appellative HaShem (השם, meaning "The Name").[18]"

"In 1993, the Institute for Scripture Research (ISR) published The Scriptures,[25] the first English translation to incorporate the Hebrew letters of the Tetragrammaton instead of a generic title (e.g., the LORD) or a conjectural transliteration (e.g., Yahweh or Jehovah). The Besorah[26] and ISR's The Scriptures '98[27] also incorporate the Tetragrammaton, using Paleo-Hebrew script rather than Hebrew square script. More recently, the Restored Name King James Version (RNKJV),[28][29] an anonymous, internet-based Sacred Name translation adapted from the King James Version (KJV), renders the Tetragrammaton as YHWH where it appears in the Old Testament."

I didn't see a need to respond to foolishness"

Then what are you even doing here? 1 Peter 3:15 tells us to be ready to make a response.  It doesn't say if you think it's foolishness don't. 

"The honor is equal as I would not honor my mother less than my father because he is head.  "

Then you should do the same to Jesus.

"For example, we are commanded to love our enemies, but we would not love our enemies the same as we love our family because our family comes first."

I beg to differ, we are to treat our neighbor as ourself. 

You don't have to continue to respond as I can see you have your view and it is in contrast to the Bible I believe in. So we see things differently.  No problem,  good day to you.

1 hour ago, Shiwiii said:

I didn't see a need to respond to foolishness"

Then what are you even doing here? 1 Peter 3:15 tells us to be ready to make a response.  It doesn't say if you think it's foolishness don't. 

"The honor is equal as I would not honor my mother less than my father because he is head.  "

Then you should do the same to Jesus.

"For example, we are commanded to love our enemies, but we would not love our enemies the same as we love our family because our family comes first."

I beg to differ, we are to treat our neighbor as ourself. 

You don't have to continue to respond as I can see you have your view and it is in contrast to the Bible I believe in. So we see things differently.  No problem,  good day to you.

I do have bigger fish to fry which need my attention without distractions.  However, if you feel a need to do so, I will most certainly respond. 

I think we have adequately defended God's name.  In the words of Jesus:

“Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw YOUR pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip YOU open. (Matt 7:6)

1 hour ago, JaniceM said:

I do have bigger fish to fry which need my attention without distractions.  However, if you feel a need to do so, I will most certainly respond. 

I think we have adequately defended God's name.  In the words of Jesus:

“Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw YOUR pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip YOU open. (Matt 7:6)

Cop out, and a way for you to bow out. No need to respond,  you're much too important for foolishness like this forum.  

It is answers like this that I get all the time from jws that find themselves without a good explanation.  

Good day Janice

30 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Cop out, and a way for you to bow out. No need to respond,  you're much too important for foolishness like this forum.  

It is answers like this that I get all the time from jws that find themselves without a good explanation.  

Good day Janice

I can understand them 'shaking the dust off their feet' as Jesus would say:  "Why am I even speaking to YOU at all?";   How we spend our time in the vindication of God's name is what's important, not hiding it.  (Matthew 10:14; John 8:25)  However, there other scholarly commentaries and writings available to consult other than the ones quoted above, which is a good thing as you don't have to continually depend upon Jehovah's Witnesses to answer all your questions.  In that regard, I'm not sure whether or not I should be flattered you think we are that important enough to keep asking.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.