The World News Media

Tom Harley on James Thomas Rook

TrueTomHarley

52 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

A lot of mature restraint is really just being too TIRED

You get much credit for this profound and obviously true statement.

52 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

except for the Governing Body.  When THEY make mistakes, they pay no price whatsoever.

You lose it all for this stupid one. Of course they pay one. 

Besides those things of an external kind, there is what rushes in on me from day to day, the anxiety for all the congregations.  Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is stumbled, and I am not incensed?” 2 Corinthians 11:28

The greatest penalty is the one that we impose on themselves. To insist that this “penalty” was fully at work with Paul and NOT the Christian leadership of today is to impart motives and appoint yourself the judge. Didn’t you say that you were above such things? 

Ah...yes....here it is:

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I do NOT think I have enough "spirit" to judge anyone .... in the sense of somehow punishing them.

I admire your hangdog toughness on certain things—I really do—but much of your presence here is proclaiming that you will not “somehow punish them,” but praying that SOMEBODY would. Much of your presence is clearly vindictive.

Much of your presence here is the plain wish to settle scores, the plain manifestation of the grudge to end all grudges.

If it had the same draw, Anna and I would sell tickets to that.

• Views 502
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It must have been the old hen who made this into its own thread, and my second comment I no longer remember what that was about—some sort of inside joke that no longer is relevant, I suppose. But if y

After a person has been beat up 15 times, (actual count) you might suspect them of being a sore head about such things, and somewhat reticent about being beat up some more.

You get much credit for this profound and obviously true statement. You lose it all for this stupid one. Of course they pay one.  “Besides those things of an external kind, there is what r

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

Much of your presence here is the plain wish to settle scores, the plain manifestation of the grudge to end all grudges.

After a person has been beat up 15 times, (actual count) you might suspect them of being a sore head about such things, and somewhat reticent about being beat up some more.

It must have been the old hen who made this into its own thread, and my second comment I no longer remember what that was about—some sort of inside joke that no longer is relevant, I suppose. But if you have actually been beat up and much as you say you have—I have never heard of such a thing—than I think you should focus on was even a little tiny bit of it your fault and work on that. It is much easier to work on yourself than on others. 

Since you treasure the core that is JW, know it is found nowhere else, and are determined not to forsake it, you should work on making peace with the earthly organization. Otherwise you simply have the worst of two worlds. Why should that be? Change. If you want to present that you have been wronged, I will grant that. Still, you must move on. 

For crying out loud, go to the AA meeting if you have to and memorize their prayer—it may not be from us but it is not bad at all: “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” Focus on the first and third phrases, for you have NO problem with the second.

I have a wooden plaque screwed to my bookcase to the left of where I am typing now, with the quote you referenced ... beside the other wooden plaque, with Henry David Thoreau's quote:

" .... If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it it because he hears a different drummer:

Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

---------------------------------------

I do have to endure the things I cannot change ... but I do NOT have to accept them.

OR LIKE THEM!

...and Tom .... I DO know the difference.

motivation.thumb.jpg.e14fa2d4b79df79b4615b7125a01dacb.jpg

20 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It must have been the old hen who made this into its own thread, and my second comment I no longer remember what that was about—some sort of inside joke that no longer is relevant, I suppose. But if you have actually been beat up and much as you say you have—I have never heard of such a thing—than I think you should focus on was even a little tiny bit of it your fault and work on that. It is much easier to work on yourself than on others. 

Since you treasure the core that is JW, know it is found nowhere else, and are determined not to forsake it, you should work on making peace with the earthly organization. Otherwise you simply have the worst of two worlds. Why should that be? Change. If you want to present that you have been wronged, I will grant that. Still, you must move on. 

For crying out loud, go to the AA meeting if you have to and memorize their prayer—it may not be from us but it is not bad at all: “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” Focus on the first and third phrases, for you have NO problem with the second.

Rubbish...leave him alone....he’s brutally honest...yeah at times he might say something that makes you wince a bit...probably because there was an element of truth in his words.

jehovahs people down thru time have in the most part been a disappointment to him.

1Cor 10Now I want you to know brothers that our forefathers were all under the cloud and all passed thru the sea and all got baptised into Moses by means of the cloud and of the sea and all ate the same spiritual food and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they used to drink from the same spiritual rock that followed them and that rock meant the Christ.NEVERTHELESS God  was not pleased with MOST OF THEM...for they were struck down in the wilderness.

you honestly think we are any different to the Israelites of old....we are not! 
those men who refused to go into the land of Canaan because they felt they appeared as grasshoppers .... were the spiritual leaders of that time...they were not just the little Israelite.

today is no different ...we are no different...we think we are but we are not.

james has a better grasp on reality than  you my brother ....he’s been beaten up...but he is still standing amongst Gods people....so I suggest you leave him alone as he’s very valuable to Jesus...... as valuable as that prostitute that the apostles first looked down on 😉

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.