Kosonen

• Views 8.1k
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite circuit overseer—an old fellow—long ago said that he doesn’t argue with trinitarians. “I’ve never convinced one,” he said. I’m struck by the verse that has cropped up a few times rece

The way it has been explained, and the way I have witnessed it, is that slimeballs lift their copyrighted material, insert it into a maligning context, and beat them over the head with it. To the poin

@Kosonen , There are at least two additional scriptural ways to reach this same conclusion. Here is one: (Revelation 6:7-11) 7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth

Posted Images

@boyle said he likes concrete with his Word salad.

On 4/11/2023 at 8:27 PM, boyle said:

Does this mean you have concrete evidence... Can you provide that...

17 hours ago, boyle said:

Hope, to see your concrete absolute evidence.

"In its simplest form, concrete is a mixture of paste and aggregates. The paste, composed of portland cement and water, coats the surface of the fine and coarse aggregates. Through a chemical reaction called hydration, the paste hardens and gains strength to form the rock-like mass known as concrete." (from cement.org)

That sounds like a good idea, to build with concrete. Jesus is the Rock-Mass. Jesus said it is wise to build on the Rock-Mass. He is also the Word.

"But let each one keep watching how he is building on it.  For no one can lay any other foundation than what is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  Now if anyone builds on the foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw,  each one’s work will be shown for what it is, for the day will show it up, because it will be revealed by means of fire, and the fire itself will prove what sort of work each one has built.  If anyone’s work that he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward..."

Alright, then, concrete salad. Let's eat! (Hope you like "mass quantities"!😬)

11 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

Daniel had several visions that presented the progression of world powers in slightly different ways (kind of like how John had the visions of Revelation that depict the coming of the kingdom in slightly different angles.)

In an earlier post we looked at Daniel chapter 8. This time it's Daniel chapter 7...

The march of world powers here is depicted as...

Lion

Bear

Leopard

Dragon-like Beast

then there is a focus on a Small Horn.

(see verses 1-8)

The angel explains who is who...

Lion, Bear, Leopard, Dragon-like Beast, are four kings who stand up from the earth. 

(Daniel chapters 2 and 8 give more specifics; that's where we find out they are specifically...

Lion=Babylon

Bear=Medo-Persia

Leopard=Greece

Dragon-like Beast=Rome.) 

(We know from Daniel chapter 11 that Rome eventually led to the US/UK. We know from Revelation that the US/UK eventually breathes life into the UN.)

The Dragon-like Beast Small Horn here in Daniel chapter 7 is the United Nations.

Thus...

Dragon-like Beast Small Horn=United Nations

(see verses 16-25)

Daniel chapter 7 gives more specifics that help us identify the United Nations in prophecy. "It had ten horns" is similar to in Revelation 17 describing the UN: "The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast."

The small horn that plucks up the three other horns is also described in this way: "This is what he said: ‘As for the fourth beast, there is a fourth kingdom that will come to be on the earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms, and it will devour all the earth and will trample it down and crush it.  As for the ten horns, ten kings will rise up out of that kingdom; and still another one will rise up after them, and he will be different from the first ones, and he will humiliate three kings.  He will speak words against the Most High, and he will continually harass the holy ones of the Supreme One. He will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time."

(Side note on the "humiliation of three kings": At times coalitions of nations have acted in the role of what is called today the United Nations - like the League of Nations did, or post WWII when the US the UK and USSR made the 1945 Potsdam Agreement or when the US the UK the USSR and France made the 1947 Paris Peace Treaties - which "humiliated three kings". Austria-Hungary, Germany, and Italy were three humiliated "kings" who had their roots in the Roman empire. They were humiliated by the Postdam Agreement and the Paris Peace Treaties which cut down their defenses and economies, divided their territories, and dictated unacceptable styles of governance.)

For 3 1/2 years during the great tribulation (or a time, times and half a time) the UN will continually harass the holy ones of the Supreme One. The UN will attack all religious institutions, including Jehovah's Witnesses. The UN will speak words against the Most High.

The UN is permitted to harass the holy ones during the great tribulation. After the three and a half times, the Court in heaven sits, and the UN will be removed. 

(see verses 9-15 and verses 26-27)

"He" [the UN leader] "will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.  But the Court sat," [Jehovah's Court in heaven] "and they took away his rulership, in order to annihilate him and to destroy him completely. “‘And the kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One. Their kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all rulerships will serve and obey them.’"

Below are the verses from Daniel chapter 7 for reference:

(Verses 1-8)

"In the first year of King Bel·shazʹzar of Babylon, Daniel saw a dream and visions of his head as he lay on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream; he recorded a complete account of the matters.  Daniel declared: “I was watching in my visions during the night, and look! the four winds of the heavens were stirring up the vast sea.  And four huge beasts came out of the sea, each different from the others. 

“The first one was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were plucked out, and it was lifted up from the earth and was made to stand up on two feet like a man, and it was given the heart of a man. 

“And look! another beast, a second one, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and three ribs were in its mouth between its teeth; and it was told, ‘Get up, eat much flesh.’ 

“After this I kept watching, and look! another beast, like a leopard, but on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. And the beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule. 

“After this I kept watching in the visions of the night, and I saw a fourth beast, fearsome and terrifying and unusually strong, and it had large iron teeth. It was devouring and crushing, and what was left it trampled down with its feet. It was different from all the other beasts that were prior to it, and it had ten horns.  While I considered the horns, look! another horn, a small one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were plucked up from before it. And look! there were eyes like human eyes in this horn, and there was a mouth speaking arrogantly. 

(Verses 9-15)

“I kept watching until thrones were set in place and the Ancient of Days sat down. His clothing was white like snow, and the hair of his head was like clean wool. His throne was flames of fire; its wheels were a burning fire.  A stream of fire was flowing and going out from before him. A thousand thousands kept ministering to him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The Court took its seat, and books were opened. 

“I kept watching at that time because of the sound of the arrogant words that the horn was speaking; I watched until the beast was killed and its body was destroyed and it was given over to be burned in the fire.  But as for the rest of the beasts, their rulerships were taken away, and their lives were prolonged for a time and a season. 

“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One.  And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed. 

“As for me, Daniel, my spirit was distressed within me because the visions of my head frightened me."  

(Verses 16-25)

"I went near to one of those who were standing there to ask him about the true meaning of this. So he replied and made known to me the interpretation of these things. 

“‘These huge beasts, four in number, are four kings who will stand up from the earth.  But the holy ones of the Supreme One will receive the kingdom, and they will possess the kingdom forever, yes, forever and ever.’ 

“Then I wanted to know more about the fourth beast, which was different from all the others; it was extraordinarily fearsome, with iron teeth and copper claws, and it was devouring and crushing, and trampling down what was left with its feet;  and about the ten horns on its head, and the other horn that came up and before which three fell, the horn that had eyes and a mouth speaking arrogantly and whose appearance was bigger than that of the others. 

“I kept watching as that horn made war on the holy ones, and it was prevailing against them,  until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was rendered in favor of the holy ones of the Supreme One, and the appointed time arrived for the holy ones to take possession of the kingdom.

“This is what he said: ‘As for the fourth beast, there is a fourth kingdom that will come to be on the earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms, and it will devour all the earth and will trample it down and crush it. As for the ten horns, ten kings will rise up out of that kingdom; and still another one will rise up after them, and he will be different from the first ones, and he will humiliate three kings.  He will speak words against the Most High, and he will continually harass the holy ones of the Supreme One. He will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.  

(Verses 26-27)

"But the Court sat, and they took away his rulership, in order to annihilate him and to destroy him completely. 

‘And the kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One. Their kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all rulerships will serve and obey them.’"

Jehovah's Word Always Comes True. Praise Jehovah.

Did you say you liked Yul Brynner and dancing, @boyle?

40 minutes ago, boyle said:

which I'm still waiting for with your answer instead of dancing around it...

On 4/7/2023 at 6:15 PM, boyle said:

Yesterday, I saw two movies.

1.   The Ten Commandments 1956

2.   Solomon and Sheba 1959

Both movies had the actor Yul Brynner on them.

I was going to post a clip from the movie “Solomon and Sheba” as they used the name of god Jehovah many times.

Perhaps this is more of the kind of "dancing" that you prefer? Dancing with wolves?

"Righteousness will be the belt around his waist, 

And faithfulness the belt of his hips.  

The wolf will reside for a while with the lamb, 

And with the young goat the leopard will lie down, 

And the calf and the lion and the fattened animal will all be together; 

And a little boy will lead them.  

The cow and the bear will feed together, 

And their young will lie down together.  

The lion will eat straw like the bull. 

The nursing child will play over the lair of a cobra, 

And a weaned child will put his hand over the den of a poisonous snake.  

They will not cause any harm 

Or any ruin in all my holy mountain, 

Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah 

As the waters cover the sea."

All things are possible with God. He can heal the sick and resurrect the dead, even the spiritually sick or the spiritually dead.

"The wolf and the lamb will feed together, 

The lion will eat straw just like the bull, 

And the serpent’s food will be dust.  

They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain,” says Jehovah."

Praise Jehovah.💖