Kosonen

• Views 8.1k
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite circuit overseer—an old fellow—long ago said that he doesn’t argue with trinitarians. “I’ve never convinced one,” he said. I’m struck by the verse that has cropped up a few times rece

The way it has been explained, and the way I have witnessed it, is that slimeballs lift their copyrighted material, insert it into a maligning context, and beat them over the head with it. To the poin

@Kosonen , There are at least two additional scriptural ways to reach this same conclusion. Here is one: (Revelation 6:7-11) 7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, boyle said:

Under your own words and understanding, the UN is now attacking both the Bethels and KH's by the property that has already been confiscated by a primary UN charter member Russia. Can you provide evidence where the great tribulation started according to your personal understanding?

Twist twist twist, lol...😆

The great tribulation hasn't started yet, as you are well aware. So, no, I won't provide any evidence for that because the Bible doesn't teach that so neither would I.

I will not provide my own understanding. I have not been sharing my own personal understanding. I will share what is provided in the Bible, as I already have done.

Daniel chapters 11 and 12 provide a timeline of events. The angel of Jehovah spoke words that are recorded in Daniel chapters 11 and 12. It is Jehovah's message. 

When Antiochus III marched against Jerusalem some 200 years before Christ, that was a form of tribulation and it was great if you were living there and Antiochus didn't like you. (Daniel 11:16) When Hitler attacked the Jews and Jehovah's Witnesses, that was not the great tribulation Jesus spoke about at Matthew 24:21, even though it was a great tribulation. When Putin has attacked the branch in Russia and the Witnesses there, it is a great tribulation for each one of the Witnesses personally, but it is not the great tribulation spoken of by Jesus in Matthew 24:21.

The angel told Daniel that "time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time" (the great tribulation) would take place after Michael (Jesus) would take the throne in heaven. Jesus did not take the throne in the 2nd century BCE. Jesus did not take the throne in 1914. Jesus was not king in heaven when Hitler was the ruler of Germany. Jesus had not yet taken the throne when Putin first became the ruler of Russia. The angel of Jehovah said that while the King of the North was doing his shenanigans (as recorded in Daniel 11:44,45) that is when Michael (Jesus) would stand up in heaven and take the throne. The Bible is clear. 

34 minutes ago, boyle said:

Is the UN therefore of one mind, body, and soul, or is it comprised of many body parts working in unity? Which is it?

What do you think? The illustration from jw.org makes it quite clear I think. Can a beast with multiple heads be of one mind? Not possible usually. It is one body figuratively. But the Bible says Jehovah will put it into their mind to do His one thought, to destroy false religion. 

E03E4E73-7721-419D-9DFC-BFB82348FB38.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

EXAMPLE: Tomorrow evening at 3:21PM there will be a massive total spasm launch of missiles resulting in Global Thermonuclear War, an all life on Earth (except cockroaches) will be killed.

WHOA!!, Bummer!

Time to stock up on beer?

I didn't think cockroaches drank beer?!

57 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

(cockroaches) will be killed.

(Regarding cockroaches and beer...You can't believe everything you read on the internet, but here's what one website had to say...)

"A persistent urban legend has argued that cockroaches could actually survive a nuclear blast. After all, many cockroaches survived the 1945 nuclear blasts in Japan. MythBusters decided to test this theory. Their research indicated that cockroaches can indeed survive higher levels of radiation than humans can. However, not even these resilient insects could survive radiation levels of 100,000 rads. Of course, if you don’t have a nuclear warhead handy, you might want to consider more conventional ways to get rid of your cockroaches."

"They love beer!

Just when you thought cockroaches had no redeeming features!

It turns out that cockroaches like their cold pints! However, they’re not exactly party insects. They’re not drinking to get drunk. Instead, they’re simply attracted to the sugars and hops found in beer. That’s their excuse anyway…"

(from the deBugged Pest Control Blog)

They're not my favorite critters, but Jehovah said they have their place.

"And God created the great sea creatures and all living creatures that move and swarm in the waters according to their kinds and every winged flying creature according to its kind. And God saw that it was good."

Unlike those nasty bad beasties of Revelation...

"And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the one seated on the horse and against his army.  And the wild beast was caught, and along with it the false prophet that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast and those who worship its image. While still alive, they both were hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulfur."

Gehenna - the ultimate pest control!

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

…. and why worry about the UN confiscations of Kingdom Halls.

(It won't be the first time a beasty-government came to take away the spoils of Jehovah's organization...)

"At that time the king of Babylon, Merʹo·dach-balʹa·dan son of Balʹa·dan, sent letters and a gift to Hez·e·kiʹah, for he had heard that he had been sick and had recovered.  Hez·e·kiʹah gladly welcomed them and showed them his treasure-house—the silver, the gold, the balsam oil and other precious oil, his whole armory, and everything that was to be found in his treasuries. There was nothing that Hez·e·kiʹah did not show them in his own house and in all his dominion. 

"After that Isaiah the prophet came in to King Hez·e·kiʹah and asked him: “What did these men say, and where did they come from?” 

"So Hez·e·kiʹah said: “They came from a distant land, from Babylon.” 

"Next he asked: “What did they see in your house?” 

"Hez·e·kiʹah replied: “They saw everything in my house. There was nothing that I did not show them in my treasuries.” 

"Isaiah now said to Hez·e·kiʹah: “Hear the word of Jehovah of armies,  ‘Look! Days are coming, and all that is in your house and all that your forefathers have stored up to this day will be carried off to Babylon. Nothing will be left,’ says Jehovah."

https://jw-avcenter.org

https://bronx.news12.com/news-12-tours-jehovahs-witnesses-249-acre-property-where-massive-production

C51B87D3-8736-4BA2-BDE1-14F6A285EE26.jpeg

49FF83B2-37DE-48AA-AC2B-293B9F8C522F.jpeg

Coffee was used in colonial America as an insecticide to kill cockroaches. That’s why Americans switched from tea to coffee.

Coffee is a caffeinated vegetable, because it is a bean.

Before you go to bed at night, take some ground up coffee, regular or instant, and sprinkle it on the kitchen floor. Then turn off the lights, and go to bed. In the middle of the night get up very quietly sneak into the kitchen where the cockroaches will be eating the coffee, loaded with caffeine.

…. impossible to blink!

Very quietly, reach around the corner and flick the light switch on and off as fast as you can.

It will surprise the cockroaches, and the strobe affect will disorient them and they will run around like crazy looking for a place to hide, but usually they will have a heart attack from the stress and roll over onto their backs, and die. 

You will see them on the floor, lying on their backs, dead, with their six little arms and hands holding their heart.

….. if you look closely, you will see that they have a little “X”s over their eyes, and their Probosci will be hanging out the sides of their mouths.

(I wonder if they like coffee twist ice cream?)

"Dictionary

Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

get one's just deserts

phrase of deserts

1. receive the appropriate reward or (more usually) punishment for one's actions."those who caused great torment to others rarely got their just deserts"

It sounds like they got their just deserts for trying to stealing dessert!

Okay, @boyley, did you get to eat dessert? Here is something sweet to eat...

"Pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, 

Sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones."

Jehovah's Word is sweet.

"How sweet your sayings are to my palate, 

More so than honey to my mouth!"

3 hours ago, boyle said:

So you don't believe the bible when it states Christians should be alert to the signs. Where in the bible does it state not to understand scripture as it is written?

I believe everything that Jehovah has written down in His Word. Jehovah is trustworthy. 

Here is something definitely true:

"For the senseless one will speak nonsense, 

And his heart will devise harmful things, 

To promote apostasy and to speak what is wayward against Jehovah, 

To cause the hungry one to go unfed 

And to deprive the thirsty one of something to drink.  

The devices of the unprincipled man are bad; 

He promotes shameful conduct 

To ruin the afflicted one with lies, 

Even when the poor speaks what is right."

Here is something Jesus said: “O faithless and twisted generation, how long must I continue with you? How long must I put up with you?"

Here is something Jehovah said: "As for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and the sexually immoral and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This means the second death." I know Jehovah will do what He says.

Some people think it's fun to lie, but it's really not a good idea (unless you like hanging out in an abyss...)

"Look at the one who is pregnant with wickedness; 

He conceives trouble and gives birth to lies.  

He excavates a pit and digs it deep, 

But he falls into the very hole he made."

3 hours ago, boyle said:

So far, that's all you have provided. Personal opinions, and conflicting ones at that.

That's your opinion. 😬

3 hours ago, boyle said:

What is your understanding since it differs from scripture? Let's set aside the Org, and stay on what you said about the UN attacking the Bethels and KH's by confiscating their property, which a veto power in the UN, Russia already did. Under your own words, that would mean the tribulation has started. So, is the UN one, body, and soul? Or are they working in unity?

I really don't understand your question here, @boyle. In Bible prophecy, the UN is depicted as a beast, but it's just an illustration. It's not literal. There is not a real physical multi-headed beast monster running around - I know some people teach that, but it's not true, so you don't have to be afraid. And if you want to know if the great tribulation started, you could do the "window test" like @Pudgy suggests. 

So far, when I look outside there's no great tribulation, but you could look out your own window, so I don't know why you keep asking me. Just look out your window. Why do you keep asking me anyways? (You must think I'm some kind of prophet or something?)

Jesus is the prophet to follow. Here is what he said: "When evening falls, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is fire-red,’  and in the morning, ‘It will be wintry, rainy weather today, for the sky is fire-red but gloomy.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but the signs of the times you cannot interpret." A wicked and adulterous generation keeps seeking a sign, but no sign will be given it except the sign of Joʹnah.” With that he went away, leaving them behind."

@Witness just messaged me! It seems I misunderstood why she has not been able to comment (sorry about that @Witness) - and she has a lot to say on this topic that we are speaking of on this thread - so I will just paste what she said and then respond...

41 minutes ago, Witness said:

Audrey,

You said,  "She private messaged me to let me know the administrator froze her abilities to comment, but that didn't have anything to do with me. I like talking with @Witness, even though I don't agree with what she believes on many things, I am proud of her for being willing to keep her integrity to what she believes.

I never said the admin revoked or froze my ability to comment.  Please correct that.  Both the Admin and the Librarian said it wasn't an issue on their end.  This war is spiritual, and likely, Satan is sick and tired of me being on this forum and declaring truth.  I put the blame on him.

There is something that you should consider.  The "disgusting thing standing in the holy place" is not the UN (if that is what you said).  Remember, the anointed are the spiritual Temple of God (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22)  The scriptures define "holy place" for us - Exod 26:33; Lev 16:20; 1 Kings 8:10, and many more.  Just type in "holy place".  In that time period, it is related to the temple, the priesthood and sacrifices.  The "disgusting thing" is also called the "abomination standing in the holy place".  This also, is defined by God's word.  An "abomination" that is committed in God's "holy place", is either through the presence of idols, or by "foreigners" entering the Temple, and the actions related to it.  Ezekiel 8:6,9; Ezek 44:6-9.  The elder body is the "disgusting thing"/abomination standing in the holy place.  They have replaced God's priests and act as if they are making sacrifices to God.  The anointed are silenced because of this, their "daily sacrifices" of praise, have been removed.  (Dan 8:11,12)  The priests are the teachers assigned by God, NOT elders who were never anointed to be his priests.  (Mal 2:7)  We can't ignore the definitions in God's word to help us understand the "man of lawlessness"/"disgusting thing" that resides right where the "holy city"/"place"/temple of God, is found - with the anointed ones. 

2 Thess 2:3,4 - "Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God."

Rev 11:1,2 - "Then I was given a measuring reed like a rod, with these words: “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count those who worship there. 2 But exclude the courtyard outside the temple. Don’t measure it, because it is given to the Gentiles and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months. "

Again, the temple IS the anointed "living stones".  Anyone not anointed as "Israel", is a spiritual "Gentile".  (Rom 9:6-8)