The World News Media

Anybody want to flee now?

Kosonen

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

On average, it happens about every 240 years.

How do you know? I looked in my Solar System Scope app dates that some on internet claimed that this alignment occured multiple times. But on those other dates something always lacked. They were not identical to September 23, 2017.

• Views 2.5k
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get it. Jehovah takes no pleasure in the suffering of humans and therefore would have him killed without much suffering. I get it. You would take pleasure in prolonging the suffering of a fel

The king of the south has taken advantage of the financial crisis to provide himself an excuse to neglect road repairs. Recently I crashed headlong into a huge pothole and spent the rest of the aftern

Do you think that kind of language is appropriate for you? And I am not apostate. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

There are very few constellations mentioned in the Bible. Kimeh and Kesil are in Amos, repeated along with Ash in Job, but we have no real idea which constellations these were.

I don't think that should bother us. In a similar way we are not bothered to use names of days and months that are commonly used. 

And have you heard about the concept of the Gospel in the stars.

I was amazed when I first saw an explanation to the constellations from a gospel view.  

Here is a video that I really liked in this regard: 

1 hour ago, Kosonen said:

"Then a great sign was seen in heaven"  does not mean that everyone would see it, but instead it means simply that apostle John saw what he saw and then recorded it.

This is possible. What some of "Bible" writers, or should we say Jew's writers, saw, heard, dreamed or visualized in the past could have important and special meaning (only) for them and for events of their life (and, or, for people in their  time).

It is interesting to notice how main, fundamental and everlasting ideas we can evaluate, valorize, even today with the least possible misjudgments and theses, are moral lessons and messages in the records about what Jesus spoke. If i can recall correctly, only place, time when Jesus "prophesied" about future is about what will be with Jerusalem and Temple of his disciple time. And not about second or third fulfillment (literally or symbolically) in some future time. This multiple fulfillment was never mentioned in "inspired" writings. Only humans interpretations giving such outcome. 

About Revelation book prophesy. It is notable how we have only John's claim about his visions and dreams about various surreal pictures he described, and how Jesus told him that. Only one disciple and only one apostle of all of them received such messages. Only after Jesus death. While Jesus was alive, we see no records about such way of his speaking and giving special knowledge about life and future and Kingdom. Because that would and will be of greater strength. Many times we heard words: what was said by two or three witnesses that must be truth. We have only one witness, John, who said it is truth what he wrote. Jesus knew about this Jew law and standpoint (and he give same lesson in Mat 18). Why Jesus didn't spread Revelation through two or three witnesses to be in harmony with own teaching? Just as dilemma, from us who have less faith :)))      

12 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Why Jesus didn't spread Revelation through two or three witnesses to be in harmony with own teaching? Just as dilemma, from us who have less faith :)))      

You make a very valid point that there should be two or three witnesses. Because of that if I know only one scripture saying about something I can not be sure if it actually means what it seems to say. In such cases I continue to read the Bible in hope to find a second or third scripture about the same thing for confirmation. 

And in the case of Revelation, we have several verses talking about the same thing. For example the number 144 000 appears not only once. And not only one verse speak about the mark of the beast and so on. 

But as a whole the book of Daniel and Jesus' and apostle Paul's statements and book of Zechariah and Joel and Malachi and Ezekiel talk about subjects conserning the end time and confirm each other.

8 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

And in the case of Revelation, we have several verses talking about the same thing. For example the number 144 000 appears not only once. And not only one verse speak about the mark of the beast and so on. 

Yes, several verses. But several verses from one and same person. :))

40 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Just as dilemma, from us who have less faith :)))      

I know that problem. I have doubts sometimes. Sometimes things look impossible. But Jesus said if we just have a tiny little bit of faith, it can start to grow. The important thing is to not say 'impossible'. Better say maybe and keep looking for additional reasons to believe. 

But the most important thing to be able to grow in faith is to ask God give more faith and help us stop doubting. That I have started to in clude in my daily prayer.

Luke 17: 5  Now the apostles said to the Lord: “Give us more faith.” 6  Then the Lord said: “If you had faith the size of a mustard grain, you would say to this black mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea!’ and it would obey you.

Just as we can grow in wisdom by often praying about, in the same manner we can grow in faith by praying about it often.

Look here how James says that we need to pray often.

James1:5  So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him. 6  But let him keep asking in faith, not doubting at all,

Building one's faith or wisdom or whatever godly quality is like building a house of bricks. By prayer we add one brick after another. Like building a brick house, building a complete faith takes years. And it needs to be built with God's help through prayer. 

Please try that, and you will overcome doubts. I can say that from my own experience.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.