The World News Media

DAVID SPLANE AND HIS CARING SHEPHERDS

Witness

There has been considerable criticism on the latest GB member’s second update about the pandemic. Some good observations have been made, but one thing I noticed was his deceptive use of scripture. Briefly, he gave assurance of the “love” and “prayers” that the GB has for all JWs enduring all issues of the pandemic. But, the bulk of his message was about the elder body’s concerted effort to learn new avenues providing online “spiritual food” for all. He stated that through his organization, “Jehovah provided the direction they needed”. (Isa 46:5-7; Rom 1:25; 1 Pet 1:18,19; Rev 13:4,8)

I can’t see this as such an insurmountable problem that perhaps other organizations, religious or otherwise, were not able to deal with successfully during this time of the pandemic. For them, their collective ‘organization’ no doubt provided the direction they needed, without God’s help.

These so-called “caring shepherds” are said to fulfill the prophesy in Jer 23:4. I’d like to compare his partial quote of that scripture with a few other translations.

NWT – “I will raise up shepherds who will really(said with emphasis) shepherd them…None will be missing.”

NIV – “I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing,” declares the Lord.”

NKJV – I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, nor shall they be lacking,” says the Lord.”

So, what’s going on in Jeremiah 23 that would cause fear among the flock, the significant issue that the governing leader deftly ignored? What necessitated the need for caring shepherds who would, under such grave conditions, be rescued by God? If this one scripture is prophesy being fulfilled today, then it is important to read the entire scripture, as well as know the circumstances leading up to the verse he partially quoted. 

“Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!” says the Lord. 2 Therefore thus says the Lord God of Israel against the shepherds who feed My people: “You have scattered My flock, driven them away, and not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for the evil of your doings,” says the Lord.” Jer 23:1,2 

At that time period, God’s people had been led astray, into idolatry. (Jer 23:13) As a flock they were not only ignored by evil shepherds, but “driven away”, as exiles.

“Both prophet and priest are godless;
even in my temple I find their wickedness,”
declares the Lord. Jer 23:11

Jer. 7:30 gives us insight on this wickedness:

Jer 7:30 - ‘The people of Judah have done evil in my eyes, declares the LORD. They have set up their detestable idols in the house that bears my Name and have defiled it.”  (Jer 25:29)

(see Ezek 8:3-16 ) 

By reading more of the chapter, we find the adulterous prophets of Jerusalem ‘living a lie’. Their sins are so great, they are compared to Sodom and Gomorrah. (Jer 23:14; 2:8)  

Yes, if we were to read this entire chapter, we can easily tie its spiritual significance to the organization, but much differently than what the GB member described.

· There is an army of evil shepherds (Rev 9:4,7-11; Joel 1:6-7; Rev 13:5-7)

· An adulterous Harlot/false prophet (Matt 24:24; Rev 13:11,12; 17:5,15)

· And lies and idolatry found where God’s Temple “living stones” reside. (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17)

· (Rev 8:10,11; 13:13,14,15,18; 2 Thess 2:9-12; Rev 9:20,21)  

These pseudo shepherd/elders aid the Harlot - Wormwood, by promoting her poisoned teachings. (Rev 13:16,17) Falsehoods have been declared and upheld by the organization throughout its history. This act of profanity has resulted in the scattered, silenced and removal of God’s true shepherds/priests, profaning the Temple of God; although God’s holy people are just as guilty of committing wickedness. (Jer 23:14) (Ezek 44:23; Zeph 3:4; 2 Cor 6:14-16; Rev 2:14-16)  

15 “Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts concerning the prophets:

‘Behold, I will feed them with wormwood,
And make them drink the water of gall;
For from the prophets of Jerusalem
Profaneness has gone out into all the land.’ ” Jer 23:15

If God’s people were faithful to Christ’s truths, would he “make” them drink wormwood? He “sends” or allows it to happen, since Satan demands to sift God’s people under covenant, or challenge their faith and integrity to truth. (Luke 22:31:Rev 12:17)

“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” 1 Pet 5:8

“devour” - to drink down, i.e. gulp entire (literally or figuratively):—devour, drown, swallow (up). 

Just as Jesus proved his obedience to God under trial and suffering, so too must those who are to imitate Jesus, by walking in his footsteps on the path he took while on earth. (Matt 4:1; Heb 5:8,9; 4:1; Phil 2:8; John 17:19; Rom 8:16,17; 1 Pet 1:6; 4:13; 5:10; 1:7; Mal 3:1-3; Rev 3:19)  

God tells the people,

“Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds,
not from the mouth of the Lord.
17 They keep saying to those who despise me,
‘The Lord says: You will have peace.’
And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts
they say, ‘No harm will come to you.’ Jer. 16,17

God will always protect those who call out to Him for knowledge and truth; but to any who choose to continue drinking in Wormwood’s profanity and lies, to them it will be granted. (Ps 20:1; Prov 4:6; John 17:15; 1 Cor 10:13; 2 Thess 3:3)  

"I did not send these prophets,
yet they have run with their message;
I did not speak to them,
yet they have prophesied.

But if they had stood in my council,
they would have proclaimed my words to my people
and would have turned them from their evil ways
and from their evil deeds." Jer 23:21,22

So, can Jer 23:4 be fulfilled by the industrious activities of a counterfeit “Gentile” priesthood that has been given complete authority over God’s authentic priesthood, “Israel”? (Ezek 44:6-9; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2) No; rather, it is just the opposite. The fulfillment results from the wicked environment outlined in the chapter, that necessitates the need for God’s true shepherds to submit to Christ’s refinement and stand up for truth.

The "good news" in the time of the end, is that God will provide the repentant remnant redemption, by means of Christ's blood, and their own required sacrifice for the sake of truth, in imitation of their model, Christ.

The circumstances of the Great Tribulation requires defiance/warfare against the religious slavery that held them captive, and caused them to fall asleep (1 Cor 7:23; Gal 1:10; Col 3:24; 2 Cor 10:3-5; Rev 11:5; Jer 23:29; Rev 17:14).

The wicked steward is presently lording it over the anointed household of God (Mark 10:42-45),

and wielding the power of Gentiles in order to beat his fellows,

just as the Harlot / "false prophet", wields her power, through the Gentile Beast
(Rev 17:6,8; 11:7; 13:11,15,14; 19:20).

Pearl Doxsey, from “Questions from the Beast”

The GB member ended his talk with two supposedly reassuring points; the organization will continue to be guided by God, and it will happen under the care of “loving shepherds”. He then quotes John 10:11, stating Christ is overseeing the work of these false shepherds. Is he? Would he be supportive of those who “trample” God’s appointed “living stones” of His Temple built on Christ’s Body? (Mal 2:7; John 21:16; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Eph 4:11-13)

(Ezek 8:6,9; Num 16:3-7,10,11,18,20,21,35,40; Num 18:7; Matt 24:15,16; Dan 8:24,25; 11:31,32; Mark 13:14)  

The identity of the true shepherds of Jer 23:4, the faithful anointed of God, are described in the follow-up verse as a “Branch”:

“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord,
“That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness;
A King shall reign and prosper,
And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.
6 In His days Judah will be saved,
And Israel will dwell safely;
Now this is His name by which He will be called:

YHWH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Pearl described this Branch just recently:

Isa.4:2 reads;
"2 In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel."

Regarding that "branch",
Jesus said that he was the vine and his Father was the cultivator (John15:1).

[“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser"]

Jesus said that those who emerge from Jesus, are the branches (John15:4-5).
[4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 ‘I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."]

The "fruit" they bear, is the sayings/teachings/testimony, from their mouth (Luke6:44-45).
["44 Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thorn-bushes, or grapes from briers. 45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For *the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."*]

We know that the heart is full of truth, when the Word of God has been planted in it and cultivated (Luke8:11,15)
["1 ‘This is the meaning of the parable: the seed is the word of God. 15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop."]

That "crop" is the "fruit"/true teachings, that we have been talking about.The branches are united in spirit with Jesus, just as Jesus is united in spirit with the Father (John17:20; 1Cor.6:17).
[21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."]
["17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit."]

Such a branch bears lasting fruit that glorifies the Father (John15:8,16).
["8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."]
["16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit – fruit that will last – and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you."]

“I myself will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number. 4 I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing,” declares the Lord.” Jer 23:3,4

https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/

“Earth Swallows Satan’s River”

“Baptism Series – Lesson Two /Section 1 – The Wilderness”

"Abomination Causing Desolation"

dawn 1.jpg

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would be unfair to paint with too wide a brush to basically say "everyone" is "always" this or that. Many/most brothers who serve as elders are loving shepherds who just want to do what is right. W

There has been considerable criticism on the latest GB member’s second update about the pandemic. Some good observations have been made, but one thing I noticed was his deceptive use of scripture. Bri

You're becoming a pro at using ad hominem attacks, Arauna    And again, you have it backwards.  It was the leaders in Jesus' day who attacked his teachings, when he exposed their lies.  I'm not the on

Posted Images

For you - the cup is always half empty and criticism abundant...... no acknowledgement of anything good. 

if you were on earth in the time of Jesus, your OCD would have questioned everything the son of God did too..! . such as allowing his desciples to pick grain to eat on the sabbath.. 

I see your two disciples are faithful...... as always. 

32 minutes ago, Arauna said:

For you - the cup is always half empty and criticism abundant...... no acknowledgement of anything good. 

if you were on earth in the time of Jesus, your OCD would have questioned everything the son of God did too..! . such as allowing his desciples to pick grain to eat on the sabbath.. 

You're becoming a pro at using ad hominem attacks, Arauna :)   And again, you have it backwards.  It was the leaders in Jesus' day who attacked his teachings, when he exposed their lies.  I'm not the one lying here; David Splane your leader is.  This man, one of eight, also uses ad hominem attacks against anyone - anointed or not - who questions the GB's teachings and their assumed authority as above and beyond the authority Jesus Christ has over his sheep.  Mark 13:22

38 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I see your two disciples are faithful...... as always.

On the contrary, I believe they are two disciples of Jesus Christ.  Would you call yourself a disciple of Christ, or of eight men whom you feel are innocent before God, no matter what they spew out of their mouth?  Matt 12:34

17 hours ago, Witness said:

The GB member ended his talk with two supposedly reassuring points; the organization will continue to be guided by God, and it will happen under the care of “loving shepherds”. He then quotes John 10:11, stating Christ is overseeing the work of these false shepherds. Is he? Would he be supportive of those who “trample” God’s appointed “living stones” of His Temple built on Christ’s Body? (Mal 2:7; John 21:16; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Eph 4:11-13)

It would be unfair to paint with too wide a brush to basically say "everyone" is "always" this or that. Many/most brothers who serve as elders are loving shepherds who just want to do what is right. Who love Jehovah, love their families and love their brothers and sisters - regardless of whether you share their beliefs or not. But as has always been true, (whether in the times of the patriarchs, Israelites under Law and even the Christian congregation), there have been men who were "bad actors" who were anything but loving. Who grasped at positions of authority for totally the wrong reasons. Do we have men like that today? Although an "inconvenient truth," It shouldn't surprise us that yes, we do. In fact, doesn't the Jehovah clearly warn us against such ones in his word? Also, while recognizing my limited perspective geographically, I will grant you that from my "neck of the woods," there does in fact appear to be a concerted attack against anointed Christians from "wicked men and imposters" from within the organization. I personally know quite a few anointed Christians very well as close friends even serving with them and their greatest tests have come from within. I've seen it. Too often in fact to be a coincidence and not for doing bad, but exposing badness of other "shepherds." It's not that they were disliked - in fact most loved and respected them for the good lead they set spiritually - but I can only describe what I have personally seen as a murderous hatred. Well beyond what I would consider normal. Too clever, too orchestrated, too many outright lies and deception levelled against them to be coincidental. It seems more like a "machination" because of that. I'm not writing this to provide more "ammo" to opposers since as I had stated, I don't know if this goes any farther than my geographical area and it certainly does not characterize the vast majority of shepherds I know, nor does it necessarily describe the experience of anointed Christians elsewhere - but it's there. Yet, all of those are still serving with Jehovah's organization faithfully as pillars in the congregation despite Satan's evil efforts from men within. (Except for the anointed brother who died while disfellowshipped for years. He was posthumously reinstated when it was found that 3 "shepherds"/elders lyingly framed him in order to get him disfellowshipped. They in turn were disfellowshipped themselves when found out). There's a saying in my country: "Don't expect justice from Bethel." I would have to agree with that from what I have seen in my country. But I have also seen many good things. The bad shepherds you referred to in Jeremiah most certainly CAN at times describe men from within. But to my mind more appropriately describe those in Christendom as it's history shows. Of course, I can't mention sensitive stuff I know about to the average rank and file JW - it's too far beyond their scope of experience. But while I disagree with your broad application and decidedly negative only viewpoint, I also know things happen that shouldn't happen. 

6 hours ago, Arauna said:

if you were on earth in the time of Jesus, your OCD

In Jesus time, OCD didn't "existed". In those times, secular medicine and even Jew medicine wasn't advanced as today, they have no clue about OCD. Perhaps they would say how such persons are mad or possessed by demons.

Bible speaks nothing about OCD. Such terminology is not in Bible, so we can conclude OCD not existing :))) similar to some other words: blood transfusion, hell, cross, airplane, GB, organization ...etc. But word "follower" does. :))))

1 hour ago, b4ucuhear said:

He was posthumously reinstated when it was found that 3 "shepherds"/elders lyingly framed him in order to get him disfellowshipped.

I need to ask: Who and why (for what reasons) and when making revision of elders (judicial committees) decisions? Does in WT exists regulations, charter about such policy - revision on judicial committees? Where we can find instructions on that? What are, where are Bible examples for such practice? 

And of course, same questions for "posthumous reinstatement" !?

It's not all that uncommon that elders decisions are overruled or reversed on appeal (I wouldn't say it's common either though). In the case of one of the anointed elders, Bethel didn't even allow an appeal (not surprising since an appeal would have put more eyes on what they were endeavouring to cover up and he was exposing. It would have made them look pretty bad actually). But there is a provision that probably thousands of appointed men have made use of over the many decades that allows for an appeal in writing of the decision if the person feels strongly they were not dealt with fairly/scipturally. If a person is removed or disfellowshipped, my understanding is that it's pretty standard practice to be notified that they can appeal. Although some don't advertise it unless the individual specifically asks for it. It's no real secret - although most won't publicize confidential instructions - and neither would I if in that position. As to "where can we find instructions on that?: you would have to have access to written instructions and directions through letters and books. Apparently you don't - which I would say is a good thing frankly. Are there Bible examples of persons in authority who reversed their decision once they found out they made a bad decision? Yes, of course. Look it up. I'm not going to do your homework for you. ;) As for posthumous reinstatement, evidently the elder body thought it fair to right a grievous and wicked wrong committed by certain elders against an innocent man, which had tarnished his reputation. I can't imagine what that poor brother went through, yet he faithfully continued on and never saw justice in his lifetime. (1 Tim. 5:24) After all, Jesus didn't either did he as a human? Neither did many other faithful men (Heb. 11...) 

@b4ucuhear  Quote : Many/most brothers who serve as elders are loving shepherds who just want to do what is right. 

Let's examine that statement. When a brother is appointed as an Elder he knows that he has to obey all rules and punishments dished out by the GB / Leaders of CCJW. 

One example is Child Sexual Abuse. Doing what is right is reporting it to the Police or a child protection agency. But Elders were told not to report it. In fact Elders didn't even warn the congregations. Didn't name the paedophile. They just kept it all secret. That has been proven in so many cases that it cannot be argued.  (I actually think that is the subject of your comments )

Elders are Policemen. That is the job the GB / Leaders gives them.  But even you seem to say that they police the wrong people.  In fact you bring us back to that scripture that mentions the Evil Slave beating his Fellow Slaves.  You seem to give proof that the Fellow Slaves / Anointed are being mistreated.

Quote: I'm not writing this to provide more "ammo" to opposers 

I do wish JWs would not be brainwashed by this idea of opposers. This idea of them against us.  Many JWs, some on here, make known faults in the CCJW.  If a person chooses to leave the CCJW because of the many faults within the Org, and if said person makes known those faults, they are not directly in opposition to the whole organisation. Otherwise half of the contributors being JWs on here are actually opposers. 

But i do find it funny when some of you sit on the fence. What does it say in Revelation, something like, 'You are neither hot nor cold, so I will spit you out of my mouth'.  Each one of you will have a big decision to make soon. Unless the CCJW is completely cleansed before Armageddon. 

If the Ark had been contaminated the animals would have got sick and died, and even Noah and his family may have died. But the Ark was constructed perfectly for its job and the humans were also found faultless by God. 

4 hours ago, b4ucuhear said:

there does in fact appear to be a concerted attack against anointed Christians from "wicked men and imposters"

Agree. Satan is now using anyone to attack the anointed and he could definitely use fleshly men from within. The true anointed will not be taken in and become disobedient and turn against Jehovah.  In this example of the brother you mentioned, he remained faithful and steadfast and it was part of his commendable endurance.  Jehovah is the great compensation and a false witness he hates.

15 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

One example is Child Sexual Abuse. Doing what is right is reporting it to the Police or a child protection agency. But Elders were told not to report it. In fact Elders didn't even warn the congregations. Didn't name the paedophile. They just kept it all secret.

There is much, much more to be said in answer to this than you are making out. I don't usually buy into "they question how something was handled because they don't have all the facts" line - especially when in many cases it's the ones making the accusations on certain things that DO have all the facts. So I see that explanation sometimes as a dodge. But I will have to say that in this case, you apparently do not have all the facts - even if there are at times exceptions and legal considerations involved that provide an exception. But this has been hashed over many times before in numerous threads. Believe what you want.

25 minutes ago, Arauna said:

In this example of the brother you mentioned, he remained faithful and steadfast and it was part of his commendable endurance.  Jehovah is the great compensation and a false witness he hates.

Good points. Most people think of the physical and emotional pain and suffering Job went through when Satan attacked him. But really, there was nothing that wasn't common to men - for instance in times of war. Millions of people have lost everything. Lost their families, status in the community, their possessions, their health... So yes, Job lost a lot and suffered a lot. But Satan was more interested in compromising Job's integrity - his everlasting prospects based on his relationship with God. How did he do that? By making the test very difficult to rationalize or understand within the context of his faith. He made it appear as "discipline from Jehovah." As if God was unfairly disciplining him for something he knew he was not guilty of. Discipline can rightly be viewed as coming from Jehovah when it based on the principles and clear direction expressed in God's Word. It's "discipline" from Satan when it is used to deliberately harm innocent people or hide wickedness. Satan hasn't changed his tactics and still uses them. "All things were written aforetime..."