The World News Media

Did the earth exist before creation started on the 1st day?

Matthew9969

1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

So occasionally these verses make me ponder if this ball of water existed for a long time, always existed, etc. before the act of creation. And I can't help but wonder if this is in any way related to the importance of water throughout the bible.

Got a lot of brain power on this site so I thought I'd start my research here.

• Views 330
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the wa

097d87e45983b9d4d7ac8990f31947cf.mp4   The scriptures plainly point out that the earth existed prior to the Six Creative Days on the earth. WE read, "Now the earth was formless and desolate, and

I always imagine many volcanoes, eruptions and dense smoke (the elements of the skies were definitely not like today) and a cooling down process with very much condensation. Jehovah's spirit was activ

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Matthew9969 said:

And God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.

19 minutes ago, Matthew9969 said:

And I can't help but wonder if this is in any way related to the importance of water throughout the bible.

How right you are!

So Jesus said to them, “Yet a little time the light is with you! Walk while you have the light, so that the darkness does not overtake you! And the one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going.  While you have the light, believe in the light, in order that you may become sons of light.” Jesus said these things, and then he went away and was hidden from them.  John 12:35,36

Those scriptures are just some that can be compared!  We have the separation of the light and darkness in this time period of the end.  The Spirit of God hovers over the water - living water from Christ.  Yet, there is also a poisoned water offered by false teachers of darkness,  inspired by the spirit of demons.  1 Tim 4:1; Rev 8:10,11.  This same fallen star has the key to the abyss/darkness and allows her army out to harm, to torture those unsealed ones with lies.  Rev 9:1-4

I suppose one could write pages on what you are proposing.  We have the spiritual fulfillment of "creation", and a spiritual "new heavens and new earth" coming.  2 Pet 2:13  It involves people and their spiritual hearts.  

097d87e45983b9d4d7ac8990f31947cf.mp4  

The scriptures plainly point out that the earth existed prior to the Six Creative Days on the earth. WE read, "Now the earth was formless and desolate, and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep, and God’s active force was moving about over the surface of the waters." (Genesis 1:2)

The Earth wasn't the first thing created in our Solar System, but rather, the Last thing created in our Solar System. Scientific carbon dating, dates our Earth to be about 4.5 Billion Years Old, which is relatively young to the rocks found on the earth from terrestrial sources that have been dated to be about 15 Billion Years Old.

However, the Bible speaks about a Creation prior to the Genesis 1:1 account. "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;  because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. " (Colossians 1:15-17)

18 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

ball of water existed for a long time

I always imagine many volcanoes, eruptions and dense smoke (the elements of the skies were definitely not like today) and a cooling down process with very much condensation. Jehovah's spirit was actively moving over the waters, which was a by-product of the creation process of the earth itself, and overseeing the natural activities of the earth and the settling down of the powerful processes. Tectonic plates were often moving and settling - which shaped the original earth. Only thereafter, when things were ready and settled,  did Jehovah start with the preparation of the earth for human inhabitants - in 6 days or "periods of time".

2 hours ago, BroRando said:

Water is essential for all living things. From the tiniest molecules to the vast oceans, see how water is masterfully interwoven into the fabric of life.

When you stand on the beach and look out at the vast oceans of Earth, we should appreciate that we can just turn a valve in our kitchen and get wonderful, clean water!

Water supports all life on Earth,

.... and when you look out at that vast ocean ... remember that that is only the top.

2021-12-06_214840.jpg

9 hours ago, Pudgy said:

When you stand on the beach and look out at the vast oceans of Earth, we should appreciate that we can just turn a valve in our kitchen and get wonderful, clean water!

Water supports all life on Earth,

.... and when you look out at that vast ocean ... remember that that is only the top.

2021-12-06_214840.jpg

I don't know about where you live, but the tap water in my neck of the woods taste horrible. I gotta have my triple filtered water.

4 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

I don't know about where you live, but the tap water in my neck of the woods taste horrible. I gotta have my triple filtered water.

One should note, you have already rejected the living water that gives everlasting life. From now on, you are in a parched desert with no water at all. For dust you are and to dust you will return. This is the second death. Walking by with jugs of living water. 😁

That's the problem when you get your water from a neck O' the woods ... of course if you have jugs of living water, it should be tested to see what's living in it.   Could be parasites, amoebas, tapeworms, or even dead guppies or other small fish. Or worse ... pieces of dead guppies or other dead insects.

...Like Gilda Radner used to say, as Rosanne Rosanadana, "If f it's not one thing ... it's another. .... It's always something!".

2021-12-06_214633.jpg

Yeah ..... It's always somethin'.

2 hours ago, BroRando said:

One should note, you have already rejected the living water that gives everlasting life. From now on, you are in a parched desert with no water at all. For dust you are and to dust you will return. This is the second death. Walking by with jugs of living water. 😁

Interesting statement from someone who has blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

That's the problem when you get your water from a neck O' the woods ... of course if you have jugs of living water, it should be tested to see what's living in it.   Could be parasites, amoebas, tapeworms, or even dead guppies or other small fish. Or worse ... pieces of dead guppies or other dead insects.

...Like Gilda Radner used to say, as Rosanne Rosanadana, "If f it's not one thing ... it's another. .... It's always something!".

2021-12-06_214633.jpg

Yeah ..... It's always somethin'.

Plastic 6 pack carry things concern me more.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.