KINGDOM HALLS REOPEN IN UK

• Views 992
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they are opening to read your announcement of why you left, after which they will close again.

It may be they fear you will be one of those who, if attending in person, will forget to lower your hand after comments, a carryover from Zoom days.

There is actually more. I think we're at 8.7-8.8 now. A lot of people also tune into ou meetings via zoom as well. I think before 2020 we we're at 8.4 or something, I remember someone brought up pews

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

It seems the Kingdom Halls are reopening here this Sunday in the UK ( 3 April 2022)  in time for the Special Talk and the Memorial. 

No, they are opening to read your announcement of why you left, after which they will close again.

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

It seems the Kingdom Halls are reopening here this Sunday in the UK ( 3 April 2022)  in time for the Special Talk and the Memorial. 

Here in the United States we have a One Day Circuit Assembly starting on Saturday April 2, and it is also being streamed … starts in about 25 minutes!

…. still have to wear cloth masks, or if viewing on-line, clothing is optional.

I will be wearing my Sunday Best dress collar.

A11581D7-DF9B-44F8-938B-1065BF968475.jpeg

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It may be they fear you will be one of those who, if attending in person, will forget to lower your hand after comments, a carryover from Zoom days.

Too true, for example at last weeks meeting on Zoom they were telling about the arrangements for the memorial Friday, April 15 at a local municipal convention center, and they needed to allocate funds to pay for it and as it turned out the rental cost for each congregation was  $671, with the total cost 3 times as there will be 3 congregations attending.

There are officially 109 people in our congregation but I have noticed on Zoom that there is only about 35 to 45 people and it’s consistent weekend after weekend after weekend so I do the math and I thought ….. wow !

So a brother made the motion that the Congregation spend $671 and another brother seconded the motion and it came to vote. They asked all the brothers that voted to spend the money to raise their hands, and nobody raised their hand. Nobody at all.
Then he asked at all those who oppose the motion raise their hand, and nobody raised their hand. Nobody at all.
Then the brother announced after a pause, very long pause that he was gonna put it down that it passed unanimously.

He also said that everyone would be required to wear a mask at the municipal center, and I know in our County all mask restrictions have been lifted, so I would imagine that this is something that JW headquarters is requiring. (?)

I think everyone was just stunned at the $671 cost, I know I was. Perhaps everyone else was just doing the math in their head and forgot to raise their hands either time.

As an aside, I would assume that if there are any cartoon Penguins attending the Assembly, or the Memorial in two weeks, that they would not have to wear a mask.

Cartoon Penguins don’t have ears.

17 hours ago, Pudgy said:

I think everyone was just stunned at the $671 cost, I know I was. Perhaps everyone else was just doing the math in their head and forgot to raise their hands either time.

I think you've said it yourself. It's all about the money money money !!!! 

So I presume you don't have a proper Kingdom Hall then ?  Did they sell it to get themselves more money ?  :) 

511 GBP.  x 3 = 1533 GBP.   For just one occasion. Oh dear more donations congregants :( 

17 hours ago, Pudgy said:

There are officially 109 people in our congregation but I have noticed on Zoom that there is only about 35 to 45 people and it’s consistent weekend after weekend after weekend so I do the math and I thought ….. wow !

Um, that is a lot of inactive publishers then :)..........  BUT the Org says that meeting attendance has gone up since zoom. 

They pretend there are MORE JWs now than before 2020.  

This is all so funny. 

On 4/3/2022 at 6:32 AM, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

They pretend there are MORE JWs now than before 2020.  

There is actually more. I think we're at 8.7-8.8 now. A lot of people also tune into ou meetings via zoom as well. I think before 2020 we we're at 8.4 or something, I remember someone brought up pews research about it.

All in all, it is actually good to be back, but I don't think we can do door to door anytime soon.

On 4/2/2022 at 9:00 AM, Pudgy said:

Here in the United States we have a One Day Circuit Assembly starting on Saturday April 2, and it is also being streamed … starts in about 25 minutes!

…. still have to wear cloth masks, or if viewing on-line, clothing is optional.

I will be wearing my Sunday Best dress collar.

A11581D7-DF9B-44F8-938B-1065BF968475.jpeg

Well regarding masks we do have to abide by the ruling if the county/state concerning capacity issues. Especially since there is still a stealth variant out there. So precautions taken to keep the elderly among us safe - Proverbs 22:3.

1 hour ago, Equivocation said:

There is actually more. I think we're at 8.7-8.8 now. A lot of people also tune into ou meetings via zoom as well. I think before 2020 we we're at 8.4 or something, I remember someone brought up pews research about it.

All in all, it is actually good to be back, but I don't think we can do door to door anytime soon.

I wasn’t sure how I would feel about returning to the Hall. I’m starting to get up there in years. Zoom is convenient. You don’t have to travel. You don’t have to worry about the attire of your lower half. 

But no sooner did I walk through the door than I knew it was the right move. Our attendance was very solid and enthusiasm ran high. The hybrid Zoom tie-in was seamless. 

The speaker read that familiar passage of 2 Timothy 3:1-5. Though he did not dwell on “not open to any agreement,” it resonated with me. There is scarcely any point today, no matter how trivial, that people to not debate over and even argue to the nth degree. I can see why some avoid the news, though I am not one of them. It’s exhausting. 

It was so refreshing being in that Hall where not a trace of that contentious spirit was to be found. It is not even that everyone agrees—they just know enough how to yield and not to squabble. Given the state of Covid in our community today, I personally think the strong mask recommendation is a bit dumb. But the majority apparently does not feel that way. I’ve been asked to wear one, so I do. It’s not that big of a deal.

Of course, given the size of the crowd I did begin to think maybe its not such a bad idea after all. I have not been in such close proximity to large groups of people in two years.

I also wasn’t sure how easy it would be to avoid handshakes. I like not having been sick in two years and I had resolved not to do it. But some in-your-face people are very insistent and the alternative elbow bump just seems too stupid to initiate. But it fact, a forearm glance proved pretty easy to do. Some shook hands with others. Some didn’t. It wasn’t any big deal.

@TrueTomHarley 2 Years is a long time lol 😆. But yeah you'll have to ease back into it. Better to do so now because the pandemic isn't over and the states and county can change things up again. The good thing now is Zoom is essentially a great tool if anything like that were to take place as well as an available option to anyone even the elderly. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.