The World News Media

Rebuttal: "Seeing" Jehovah@

Moise Racette

The same can be said about not understanding the meaning behind what is considered a cornerstone.

Matthew 7

6. We may learn the importance of building our hopes of heaven on a firm foundation, Matt 7:24-27. No other foundation can any man lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ, 1 Cor 3:11. He is the tried Corner Stone, 1 Peter 2:6; Eph 2:20. On an edifice raised on that foundation the storms of persecution and calamity will beat in vain. Hopes thus reared will sustain us in every adversity, will remain unshaken by the terrors of death, and will secure us from the tempests of wrath that shall beat upon the guilty. How awful, in the day of judgment, will it be to have been deceived! How dreadful the shock to find then that the house has been built on the sand! How dreadful the emotions, to see our hopes totter on the brink of ruin; to see sand after sand washed away, and the dwelling reel over the heaving deep, and fall into the abyss to rise no more! Ruin, awful and eternal ruin, awaits those who thus deceive themselves, and who trust to a name to live, while they are dead.

What more falsehoods can be learned here by apostate teachings?

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, AnnaNana said:

Jehovah is Salvation

Yes God is salvation.  And there is no other name under heaven by which we must get saved; that being, Jesus Christ. Acts 4:12

Jesus is the chief cornerstone of only one house.  I would hope you realize that God has a hand in the development of this house of  "living stones". 

It is God's choice who is anointed, to train and refine his priesthood to eventually serve His children in the Kingdom.  Since this Temple is spiritual, not built by the will of man but by the will of God, He also, is this spiritual house. Prov 24:3

It is a house built on wisdom, and since God is the wisdom of Truth, as well as His Son (John 14:6),  He is very concerned that those whom He has chosen to be part of it, are listening to men, submitting to the rulership of false teachers.  These teachers build their own house, and ignore the house that God has begun on Christ and on the apostles.  Eph 2:19-20. 

Jer 22:13-14; Haggai 1:4,9

For those anointed priests who leave "Babylon" where spiritual harlots of "Israel" teach lies (Rev 13:11,12; 18:4-8), and instead, submit to their head Jesus Christ to be cleansed of idolatry to an organization, they earnestly desire to obey his teachings and not the doctrine of men.  They look forward to the day that the house that God has built, will be established in the heavens and on earth.  Rev 21:2-4

That would be New Jerusalem, the Holy City, the Temple of God.

He has only one  dwelling in Spirit, it is the house that He has built on the light of Truth.  He chooses His house to dwell in, not men.  Acts 7:48-50; 17:24-25,29

"He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name." Rev 3:12

"But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.  But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life." Rev 21

48 minutes ago, Witness said:

It is God's choice who is anointed, to train and refine his priesthood to eventually serve His children in the Kingdom.  Since this Temple is spiritual, not built by the will of man but by the will of God, He also, is this spiritual house. Prov 24:3

What a force of contradiction and bad bible interpretation. I wonder if this poster understands its own post. 

Jeremiah 27:14 English Standard Version

14 Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are saying to you, ‘You shall not serve the king of Babylon,’ for it is a lie that they are prophesying to you.

What is the contradiction? The priesthood are living stones of the spiritual Temple of God. (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16)  It is a temple based on truth, the word of Truth, which is the word of God; and which is also, wisdom.  Matt 11:19; Col 2:2-3

Stop posting what you think you learned all those decades. The poster learned nothing. Clear your head and relearn everything. I'll give you an example:

1 Pet 2:5,9
1 Peter 2:4-12

I. The apostle here gives us a description of Jesus Christ as a living stone; and though to a capricious wit, or an infidel, this description may seem rough and harsh, yet to the Jews, who placed much of their religion in their magnificent temple, and who understood the prophetical style, which calls the Messiah a stone (Isa 8:14; 28:16), it would appear very elegant and proper.

1. In this metaphorical description of Jesus Christ, he is called a stone, to denote his invincible strength and everlasting duration, and to teach his servants that he is their protection and security, the foundation on which they are built, and a rock of offence to all their enemies. He is the living stone, having eternal life in himself, and being the prince of life to all his people. The reputation and respect he has with God and man are very different. He is disallowed of men, reprobated or rejected by his own countrymen the Jews, and by the generality of mankind; but chosen of God, separated and fore-ordained to be the foundation of the church (as ch. 1:20), and precious, a most honourable, choice, worthy person in himself, in the esteem of God, and in the judgment of all who believe on him. To this person so described we are obliged to come: To whom coming, not by a local motion, for that is impossible since his exaltation, but by faith, whereby we are united to him at first, and draw nigh to him afterwards. Learn, (1.) Jesus Christ is the very foundation-stone of all our hopes and happiness. He communicates the true knowledge of God (Matt 11:27); by him we have access to the Father (John 14:6), and through him are made partakers of all spiritual blessings, Eph 1:3. (2.)

Pass it on to your favorite dysfunctional person, Pearl Doxsey.

This place use to be for controversial posting and debates, so such persons being present is bound to happen, as for the admin, he allows all to come here or elsewhere on the forums.

Hypocrites and Apostates, even Atheists, can easily be debated and shut down, especially in a public space whereas anyone can see their folly, mainly when they attempt to leave points out purposely to support their ideas. They go anywhere here YHWH is coined as Jehovah or defense of KJV-Onlyist to stir trouble, be it on other forums or news websites, and even there when challenged by some, they tend to fail if someone is knowledgeable. At the same time, they do not realize they are also being used, weaponized by some folks to go after other faith communities for them; the people above them do not want to get their hands dirty.

While the name of God has been challenged for decades and even centuries, the Greek scribes that replaced the YHWH or the actual translation of Yahweh in the 3rd century should not be an absolute that in ancient times, or in Jesus’s time, God’s name was not well known.

While the NWT makes an effort to not confuse lord and God to mean Jesus in the NT, the Aramaic Bible in plain English continues to use God’s name in the NT as well.

Therefore, it is not a probability, but a fact.

JV.jpg

What I have recommended here, is not to use God's name in vain. Meaning in debates or arguments that takes away God's sovereignty by blasphemy.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.