The World News Media

A Message to @AnnaNana

Witness

1 hour ago, Audrey Kennedy-Tripp said:

Can't you see?

I don't  see you wanting to release captives at all; rather, you want them to stay captive and submissive to an earthly form of rule. You want them to be captivated by your unfounded beliefs.  

Russell called the concept of religious earthly organization, as 'carnal".  

"So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." Col 3

"For I have often told you, and now say again with tears, that many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their end is destruction; their god is their stomach; their glory is in their shame; and they are focused on earthly things.". Phil 3:18-19 

I do see you using scriptures that apply to the prophet John the Baptist, and to the last  "Elijah" prophesied to arrive in Matthew 17:11, who comes to  prepare a cleansed priesthood before the coming of Jesus. Mal 3:1-3

Are you claiming to be that prophet?

I see that you are quoting scriptures describing Jesus as the chief cornerstone.  What is your reason? Are you trying to apply it to the foundation of a corporation?
He is the chief cornerstone of the spiritual Temple only, where God has put His name. Putting His name on anything else is blasphemy (Eph 2:20-22)
(Lev 24:16; Rev 3:12)

I see that Jesus told us that God is Spirit and we are to worship Him in spirit and truth, not as a human being. (John 4:24) Jesus is the image of God.  Why are you taking away the glorious position given to Jesus? 

I see that you challenge God's word repeatedly, with flippant accusations that you expect God to fulfill.  You speak of not adding or taking away from the scriptures, yet you are doing both. Which tells me that you are blind to its true meaning.

• Views 4.2k
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello AnnaNana,  I can't seem to send you a private message,  so I'll place it here:   Hello AnnaNana, again I appreciate the scriptures that point to God's people as recipients of His

AnnaNana/Audrey said - "The context shows which temple the writer was talking about. Since we are a spiritual nation, it's not possible for a man or group of men to physically "sit" in us." Since

Audrey - "Interpretations belong to God. Jehovah doesn't give "visions" today. The Bible is complete. The Bible is its own interpreter." In the Temple body of Christ, we find prophets listed in t

Posted Images

"So they began to say to him: “Who are you?” Jesus replied to them: “Why am I even speaking to you at all?""

"Jesus said to her: “Did I not tell you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?”  So they took the stone away. Then Jesus raised his eyes heavenward and said: “Father, I thank you that you have heard me.  True, I knew that you always hear me; but I spoke on account of the crowd standing around, so that they may believe that you sent me.""

Jesus said we could expect people to treat us the way people treated him. There is nothing new under the sun.

Jesus knew that some in the crowd would listen and have an ear to hear.

If you have an ear, hear: what was the name of the city in Ezekiel that is to come down from heaven? "Jehovah Himself Will Be There." It is not a city in heaven. It is a "city" on earth.

What does Revelation say? New Jerusalem comes down from heaven to the earth. If Jehovah is in New Jerusalem and New Jerusalem is here, where does that mean Jehovah is coming?

Who wipes every tear out of the eyes of those on earth? Jehovah. How can Jehovah wipe those tears away if He doesn't come down here?

If Jehovah can hear everybody's prayers at the same time, why not be able to make himself manifest at the same time? If He has enough power and wisdom to let his spirit Son make a body to visit and interact, even after that Son was resurrected as a spirit creature, why could He Himself not do the same?

Do you know what His Name Is? Do you know what it Means?

"I Will Become Whatsoever I Choose."

He made the sun stand still. He made the sea split in two so they could walk through it on dry ground. Why do you think it's so difficult for him to make a body to visit His own kids? What do you think He was doing in the garden when Adam and Eve "hid from the Face of Jehovah"? If He was invisible, then why did they hide from Him?

You only believe what you can see. "Faith follows the thing heard about the Christ." Jesus came in the flesh. Jehovah will too.

You won't need faith anymore once He comes. You will see with your own eyes. The Scriptures are clear. "Let the young children come to me." The anointed are firstborns. The other sheep are the young children. They will be held by their Father. Literally.

"To Jehovah belong the earth and everything in it, 

The productive land and those dwelling on it.  

For he has solidly fixed it on the seas 

And firmly established it on the rivers. 

Who may ascend to the mountain of Jehovah, 

And who may stand up in his holy place?  

Anyone with innocent hands and a pure heart, 

Who has not sworn a false oath by My life, 

Nor taken an oath deceitfully.  

He will receive blessings from Jehovah 

And righteousness from his God of salvation. 

This is the generation of those seeking him, 

Of those seeking your face, O God of Jacob. 

(Selah)  

Lift up your heads, you gates; 

Open up, you ancient doorways, 

That the glorious King may enter!  

Who is this glorious King? 

Jehovah, strong and mighty, 

Jehovah, mighty in battle. 

Lift up your heads, you gates; 

Open up, you ancient doorways, 

That the glorious King may enter!  

Who is he, this glorious King? 

Jehovah of armies—he is the glorious King."

"Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory."

If Jesus can do it, Jehovah can do it.

This sacred secret is great.

Praise Jehovah!

@Witness Just next time before using any article, make sure you know what it is about instead of making the assumption. That way people can better understand what is being conveyed so they do not fall for misconceptions. Often times one wrong thing said can lead to a number of issues, for instance, I mentioned the 1975 situation whereas something was said, one side understood it, whereas the other side said something else. Even with things today, for example, I mentioned this woman before, the death of Heather Heyer, which took place in 2017, her death caused opposition groups on both sides to make assumptions which nearly lead to a higher uptick of violence and possibly more beatings and deaths. The Wild Beast itself on that day took action only someone called it out on what they attempted to do while everyone was distracted. And that is just one modern day example. Things of that nature, one needs to be careful - Ephesians 4:25.

Those other articles, I read for context, I believe they were posted before, I remember the 1881 one.

6 hours ago, Audrey Kennedy-Tripp said:

The organization has wheat and weeds. 

All persons do not come to a faith community with good intent. Hypothetically speaking, if you had a son who is leading a church, and you support him, and eventually you have about 1,500 congregants, amount 250 of them aren't there for praising God and his Christ, some have intent to sway members of the church, to have some gain, others, to seek to do bad and or manipulate. Often times, whatever regulation or ruling that the church abides by, such persons can twist it to their favor because they themselves know they can easily exploit a Christian due to their ability to forgive. This is why some churches when it comes to certain problems, they are easily dealt with those who seek to do bad because not everyone applies Proverbs 22:3. More so, people in general, succumb to a bystander like effect, the "As long as it does not happened to me" mindset.

The wisest thing any faith community can do is to train and communicate with everyone to prevent and or minimize weeds growing among the wheat. Going back to an example, let's say, your son's church community is strong so much so, things of concern is brought up, although some under him may do things differently, solutions will be available to quickly deal with weeds that bother the church.

Better to be prepared and ready than be caught in something you did not see coming.

If you want a real life example, there is one JW church that stopped a guy who tried to, technically, kidnap his own kids from his wife, whom he divorced before she even became a JW, the people involved were Africans, but had since moved to the states and long story short, he tried to sneak into the church and or hid in the parking lot in attempt to reclaim his kids until he was finally caught and reported thus a RO (sometimes a TRO) was issued by the wife.

A RO is a restraining order or protective order, and this is an order used by a court to protect a person in a situation involving alleged domestic violence, child abuse, assault, harassment, stalking, or sexual assault.

In the US, there has been a problem with Parental kidnapping also called Parental Child Abduction, which is when a parent keeps their child from the other parent in violation of that parent's custodial rights.

So in this sense, a faith community really needs to get their things in order to better support and protect it's community. Sure some will fail in this department, but those who apply all things that is moral, and Bible Principle as to shepherd their flock, they stand a chance whereas some fall short, and in this regard, be able to deal with any weeds quickly and correctly. At least some JWs are aware of things, and apply mainly in America whereas most Americans are gullible and act as bystanders most of the time.

7 hours ago, Moise Racette said:

True, but here's the difference: Mattias didn't tarnish nor change Christ's teachings to benefit himself. He obeyed God's word and laws just like the rest of the apostles.

Something the aforementioned posters @Audrey Kennedy-Tripp, and @Witness have failed to do as professed Christians.

I think it would be lesson for people to learn more about the other followers of the Christ (majority of people are only familiar with the first 12, but not realize who Titus, Clement, Jude or Matthias is). I believe because some do not try to learn of such folks, they discredit them. This also goes for students of the Apostles, for things would be a lot different today if they did not speak and defend the Scriptures. We'd all might be either in the faith of Dualism and probably believe apocryphal text to be true. a reality a lot of us are happy NOT to be affiliated with.

What does Revelation say? New Jerusalem comes down from heaven to the earth. If Jehovah is in New Jerusalem and New Jerusalem is here, where does that mean Jehovah is coming?

If you have an ear, hear: what was the name of the city in Ezekiel that is to come down from heaven? "Jehovah Himself Will Be There." It is not a city in heaven. It is a "city" on earth.

Are you thinking New Jerusalem is a literal city? With a literal Temple? Where God would set up a literal throne?

Galatians 4:26- but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Mothers are covenants, promises. Gal 4:24  New Jerusalem is the promise of life. 

It is the Temple of God, symbolically built on the body of Christ - a living Temple where God in Spirit (because God IS Spirit) and Christ are that Temple.  

"But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it?"

Who are the kings of the earth that bring their glory and honor into it?

Rev 1:5,6 - "and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood."

Rev 5:9,10 - And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation

And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth.”

So New Jerusalem is the Temple.  It isn't literal because God is the Temple as well as Christ.  Can you picture this? It is a dwelling of God in Spirit, in the hearts of his priests/kings of the earth who are the symbolic living stones of His dwelling in Spirit.  (1 Pet 2:5,9)

1Cor 3:16 -  Don’t you yourselves know that you are God’s temple and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

That is how New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven; through Christ, the anointed and Holy Spirit from God.  John 1:51; Gen 28:12-14. And this is how God will be with mankind. Rev 21:3

But instead of the sacred dwelling in Spirit that He has established in scriptures, you want him there as a human.  You definitely are rewriting God's word.

Do you know what His Name Is? Do you know what it Means?

"I Will Become Whatsoever I Choose."

I see you found a definition that fits your desired narrative.

YHWH - He Who Causes "That Which Is" To Be;  He Will Cause To Be.

Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”

14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”  Exod 3:13,14

I AM – hāyâ; to be, exist

WHO - 'ăšer; that, which, who

If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here, 10 for it is written,

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,

to guard you,’ 11 and “‘On their hands they will bear you up,

lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”  Luke 4:9-11

Audrey – “If you are the Almighty God, turn yourself into a human, for it is written that your name means, (using your twisted definition}, “I will become whatsoever I choose”.

You’re not listening to Jesus, but to another spirit – a dangerous one.

It appears the ignorance continues by some, when it comes to Pastor Russell’s words. While Pastor Russell didn’t believe the saints needed to be part of a WORLDLY organization and thus independent, Russell didn’t have a problem with an organization that dealt with being in union. Pastor Russell’s own churches were in UNION.

All organizations having the motive of hope of improvement deteriorate rapidly into machines of aggrandizement of clique or class, owing to the cupidity and sordidness of men. R1285:1* Not that a man could not be a member of a union, but the position of separateness from these human institutions and bondages is a safe position for the saints. R1285:5

Therefore, the apostate witness continues in error along those that bring up such utter nonsense.

Psalm 76:8

From heaven -- From the new powers of spiritual control. A318; D618 The earth -- The present organizations of society. C229; D46

UNION:

Noun union - /jˈunjən/

6 An organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer

Hypernym America combination combining compounding device happening healing marital status natural event occurrence occurrent organisation organization political entity political unit set sex sex activity sexual activity sexual practice state the States US USA United States United States of America US USA

4 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

I think it would be lesson for people to learn more about the other followers of the Christ (majority of people are only familiar with the first 12, but not realize who Titus, Clement, Jude or Matthias is). I believe because some do not try to learn of such folks, they discredit them.

The best thing to learn about the apostles is that they obeyed Christ's instruction and God's commands without trying to discredit the word of God in any way or misrepresent them to benefit themselves. Even when they spoke to the opposition.

"Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you know that the inspired statement is from God: Every inspired statement that acknowledges Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God.  But every inspired statement that does not acknowledge Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired statement that you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world."

Jesus came in the flesh. Jesus said, "My father is greater than I am." If Jesus can come in the flesh, then Jehovah can too.

"For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist."

@Witness, do you deny that Jesus came in the flesh? You say you believe he did but that God can't? Is anything impossible for God?

"So God said to Moses: “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.""

Jehovah is the One who said those words. Jehovah will become whatsoever He chooses to become.

He said He is the Father. He is the Best Father. You would make Him out to be the worst father. 

You don't know God at all and you have no desire to know Him. You want to prevent the little children from knowing Him. It is not God's holy spirit that motivates you. I will not speak with you anymore.

Jehovah will be praised.

"Let the little children come to me."

To all who have an ear to hear:

"And the spirit and the bride keep on saying, “Come!” and let anyone hearing say, “Come!” and let anyone thirsting come; let anyone who wishes take life’s water free."

You will know who is really part of the "bride" by their message. Jehovah is removing the divisions in the family. Take heart!

“I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll;  and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things that are written about in this scroll." 

You will know who added to the words of this scroll very soon when the great tribulation starts. Those who added to the scroll will be "plagued". Those who didn't add will be protected. Jehovah is refining His people. He will never leave His people.

“The one who bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming quickly.’” “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.”"

No one knows the day or the hour when the great tribulation is coming, but we know it is soon. Don't be afraid! Just like Jehovah protected the Israelites as they went through the Red Sea, so He will protect us through the broiling sea of mankind. Just like Jehovah took care of his people in the wilderness and their shoes didn't wear out and they had plenty to eat, so He will take care of us in the "wilderness" of the great tribulation for 3 1/2 years. (If He can do it for 40 years, then 3 1/2 years is a piece of cake.) "In the wilderness Jehovah your God carried you everywhere you went."

"May the undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus be with the holy ones."

Let love be your guide. Jehovah is near. 

Praise Jehovah!

While a true Christian can utter the word of God to be pleasing to him, a Christian that offends God cannot.

AMP Matt 24:15

15 So when you see the appalling sacrilege [the abomination that astonishes and makes desolate], spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the Holy Place — let the reader take notice and ponder and consider and heed [this]

AMP Rom 2:22-23

22 You who say not to commit adultery, do you commit adultery [are you unchaste in action or in thought]? You who abhor and loathe idols, do you rob temples [do you appropriate to your own use what is consecrated to God, thus robbing the sanctuary and doing sacrilege]?

23 You who boast in the Law, do you dishonor God by breaking the Law [by stealthily infringing upon or carelessly neglecting or openly breaking it]?

To @Moise:

"“With whom, therefore, should I compare the men of this generation, and whom are they like?  They are like young children sitting in a marketplace and calling out to one another, saying: ‘We played the flute for you, but you did not dance; we wailed, but you did not weep.’  Likewise, John the Baptist has come neither eating bread nor drinking wine, but you say: ‘He has a demon.’  The Son of man has come eating and drinking, but you say: ‘Look! A man who is a glutton and is given to drinking wine, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’  All the same, wisdom is proved righteous by all its children.”"

Jehovah will rebuke you. 

(I am done with your shenanigans on here for now.) 

To faithful ones:

What did Jesus say to the wrongdoer on the torture stake next to him?

"And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”"

Do you think the man next to him was a philosopher type, kind of like a Pharisee or scribe background, who was into extended explanation theories that cloud basic truths? Do you think that wrongdoer on the torture stake next to Jesus thought Jesus meant, "Oh, yes, in some esoteric way I will be with you from a distance overlooking the goings-on of mankind while sitting on a lofty abode far far away."

Seriously?

Jesus taught simply. It wasn't complicated. 

That guy next to him on the torture stake was likely what the Pharisees viewed as an "am-haarets" or a lowly person of the earth. When Jesus told him "You will be with me in Paradise," Jesus meant what he said. It wasn't complicated.

Jesus is going to hang out with that guy on earth in Paradise. They'll do lunch. They'll walk together and talk together and eat together. It's not complicated.

All those Paradise pictures in the publications are missing the main people: Jesus and Jehovah.

Jehovah is not partial. Why do you think He always uses lowly ones to send a message? Because He wants us to know He loves even the lowliest ones. He loves us. He is not what they teach about Him, some faraway distant ruler causing separations. He is Our Father. Jesus said it.

Look at Jesus. That is what Jehovah is like.

Jehovah is coming. "Make the way of Jehovah straight, you people!"

"Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise." Jesus said it.

Jehovah says it too. "Jehovah Himself Will Be There."

Adam and Eve were in the Garden. Jehovah was in the Garden with them, walking with them. They hid from Him after they sinned. They were exiled from the Garden.

Jesus came so we could go back.

"“‘For I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope.  And you will call me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.’ “‘You will seek me and find me, for you will search for me with all your heart.  And I will let you find me,’ declares Jehovah. ‘And I will gather your captives and collect you together out of all the nations and places to which I have dispersed you,’ declares Jehovah. ‘And I will bring you back to the place from which I caused you to go into exile.""

If He could bring His people back from Babylon, if He can bring His people back from the dead, don't you think He can bring us back to His arms? Jesus taught us what Jehovah is like. "All things are possible with God." "For truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard grain, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

That mountain between us and God will be removed. Have faith!

Jesus said: "You will be with me in Paradise." Jehovah will be with Him.

"Jehovah Himself Will Be There."

Praise Jehovah!

"May Jehovah God be praised, Israel’s God, 

Who alone does wonderful things.  

May his glorious name be praised forever, 

And may his glory fill the whole earth.  

Amen and Amen."

💖