The World News Media

Mythbusters: The Flood of Noah's Day vs. "The Holy Hand Grenade" and other sci-fi stories 😁

John 12.24to28

31 minutes ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

It's the same trick in a different package.

Following any man-made doctrine that is not based on truth leads to poisoned thinking.

"The green grass dries up,

The blossom withers,

But the word of our God endures forever.”

"Your word is a lamp to my foot,

And a light for my path."

"There is no wisdom, nor discernment, nor counsel in opposition to Jehovah."

• Views 4k
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah … I remember Eddie. Always pretending he was not Eddie Haskell, from “Leave it to Beaver”.  When he grew up he became. LAPD cop, so he could still bully people around.

…. Just “rattling your chain” boyle, checking to see if you have a sense of humor ….

It’ simple math! 1.2.3.4. 1.) if Eduardo = Edward, then 2.) Albert = Alfred, and  3.) Edward = Alfred, and therefore 4.) Alfred Einstein was the Batman’s Butler! Seeee ?

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, boyle said:
43 minutes ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

Following any man-made doctrine that is not based on truth leads to poisoned thinking.

43 minutes ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

"There is no wisdom, nor discernment, nor counsel in opposition to Jehovah."

I hope the disfellowshiped and apostates appreciate your words here.

Me, too. They are my people, and I love them.💞

"For how can I bear to look upon the disaster that will come upon my people, and how can I bear to see the destruction of my relatives?"

But I need not be considered. Jehovah Himself has love for them.

"Even if your people are dispersed to the extremity of the heavens, from there Jehovah your God will gather you and bring you back."

"Jehovah your God will cleanse your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and you may live.  Then Jehovah your God will bring all these curses upon your enemies, who hated and persecuted you."

Praise Jehovah.💖

2 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

Hey, you've used that one already with that thing in the attic story! (I hope you used a different string...I don't know how well duck string and alien string go well together, must be some new string theory I haven't heard of yet...)

Well, I try to “Be Prepared” as the Boy Scout motto suggests, although they hardly prepared for the septic quagmire of mental cases they became, long after I left.

it’s customary for me to have lots of yellow construction twine in the left rear pocket of my Levi’s, with a bit hanging out,  tied to that day’s hunk-o-ham.

…. Which they THINK goes to the string in my pocket.

20 minutes ago, boyle said:
37 minutes ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

Me, too. They are my people, and I love them.

They sure are.

Yes. Some of them were there for me when no "Jehovah's Witnesses" with the label "in good standing" were there. Some of them gave me strength when I was extremely weak, and gave me comfort when I was in pain. Most of them will never know how much strength and comfort they gave me. But Jehovah knows.

22 minutes ago, boyle said:

Do you love Satan, too? He's your people?

I hate Satan. He is NOT related to me, at all. He's as good as dead anyway. Michael will finish off that waste case Devil.

24 minutes ago, boyle said:

Does this mean apostates think they are better than God?

Only some apostates. I guess you'd have to check their doctrines first. If the "apostate" wants you to put them and their teachings ahead of God and God's teachings, then it's because they think they're better than God. There are some "apostates" in the organization who think they're better than God, and there are some "apostates" outside the organization who think they're better than God. That's kinda dumb of them, but they can make that choice if they want to, they have free will. "Apostates" can change, they can repent. Some will.

When the great tribulation starts, a lot of people will wake up. Many will repent, and Jehovah will forgive them. Because He loves them, and He knows a lot of them were just misled, or stumbled by all the hypocrisy going on.

28 minutes ago, boyle said:

Can you prove Jesus accepted the teachings of the pharisees with your bible?

"Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying:  “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses.  Therefore, all the things they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but they do not practice what they say.  

"They bind up heavy loads and put them on the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger.  All the works they do, they do to be seen by men, for they broaden the scripture-containing cases that they wear as safeguards and lengthen the fringes of their garments.  

"They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues  and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men.  But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers.  

"Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One.  Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ.   But the greatest one among you must be your minister.  Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

16 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Well, I try to “Be Prepared” as the Boy Scout motto suggests, although they hardly prepared for the septic quagmire of mental cases they became, long after I left.

it’s customary for me to have lots of yellow construction twine in the left rear pocket of my Levi’s, with a bit hanging out tied to the day’s hunk-o-ham.

…. Which they THINK goes to the string in my pocket.

I can't believe that you don't get mobbed by your chickens, walking around like that...🙂

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Yes. Some of them were there for me when no "Jehovah's Witnesses" with the label "in good standing" were there. Some of them gave me strength when I was extremely weak, and gave me comfort when I was in pain. Most of them will never know how much strength and comfort they gave me. But Jehovah knows.

That's good. I guess hanging around with the wrong crowd has its benefits for apostates.

The phrase "the wrong crowd" is subjective. "The wrong crowd" from whose point of view? The GB might view a particular person as "an apostate" or "a member of the wrong crowd" but the more important question is "how does Jehovah view that person?" Jesus was viewed as an apostate and a member of the "wrong crowd" by the governing authority in the religion of his day. But at the end of the day, Jehovah resurrected Jesus and those unrepentant haters among the crowd who killed Jesus turned out to be in "the wrong crowd" when Rome came calling.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

I hate Satan. He is NOT related to me, at all. He's as good as dead anyway. Michael will finish off that waste case Devil.

So, you don't think the following should carry weight? Satanic Bible

"Satanism has been thought of as being synonymous with cruelty and brutality. This is so only because people are afraid to face the truth—and the truth is that human beings are not all benign or all loving. Just because the Satanist admits he is capable of both love and hate, he is considered hateful. On the contrary, because he is able to give vent to his hatred through ritualized expression, he is far more capable of love—the deepest kind of love. By honestly recognizing and admitting to both the hate and the love he feels, there is no confusing one emotion with the other. Without being able to experience one of these emotions, you cannot fully experience the other."

I don't want anything to do with Satan. He's a liar. He is not trustworthy, and neither is any book from anybody who wants to worship him, since the very idea of worshipping that disgusting rebel is completely ridiculous and foolish.

However, people are individuals, and there are some satanists who later decide to worship Jehovah. I have not personally been close friends with anyone who was into that type of thing, but growing up I was close friends with several Wiccans, and I associated with other pagans (I was pagan for a while), and I know each person is an individual with their own emotions, thinking processes, and motivations. I know what goes on at different kinds of religious ceremonies. I would not presume to judge anyone as loving or hateful based on their choice. (I won't say I agree with their choice, or that their choice is wise - to me it's foolish to go that other route knowing what I know now - but I wouldn't say the person is not capable of love. That would be foolish.) We cannot judge people by what religion (or lack of religion) they choose at present. We cannot read hearts and we don't know everybody's backgrounds and opportunities.

I cannot agree with your statement regarding hate and love that "without being able to experience one you cannot experience the other." That is not true, just like it's not true that in order to experience pleasure you need pain, or in order to appreciate goodness you need suffering. That's a bunch of bunk.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Only some apostates. I guess you'd have to check their doctrines first. If the "apostate" wants you to put them and their teachings ahead of God and God's teachings, then it's because they think they're better than God.

I ask because your doctrine is similar to theirs. They distort the teaching of Christ and misuse the word of  God.

I do not distort the teaching of Christ. I do not misuse the word of God. Try again, @boyle, lol! I do not think I'm better than anyone. I know how lowly I am. You have no idea.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

"Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying:  “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses.

So, no!

Do you think, when the rain started in Noahs day, people would have noticed the Ark becoming a waterproof shelter and at the very least, the smartest people would have cut down trees to stay afloat? 

The hypothetical is, if it happened, why weren't those floating saved?

Jesus said to obey the things they (the Pharisees) teach in harmony with God's Word, but not to do the things they (the Pharisees) teach that are not in harmony with God's Word.

I already told you, God in the past sometimes put people to sleep before they died. Enoch, Aaron, and Moses were put to sleep before they died. Adam was put to sleep before Jehovah "operated" on him to remove his rib. Saul and his soldiers were put into a deep sleep when David and Abishai came into the camp. The soldiers when Peter got out of jail and when Jesus was resurrected were put in a type of sleep. Jehovah has used sleep before so that people were out of it in certain situations.

I don't think people were floating around on logs and screaming and beating on the walls of the ark during the Flood. I think they were asleep, Jehovah took their life force, and then used the Flood waters to wash the dead bodies away. That fits with Jehovah's personality and with how He has used His power in the past. I wasn't there, so I can't tell you for sure. You'll have to ask Noah when he wakes up, or Jesus when he gets here. He can tell you. 

Noah did not know when it was Jehovah’s time to close up the Ark, but the Penguins did.

Apparently several years in advance. 

….. it takes a long time to swim and walk from Antarctica to the Middle East where the Ark was.

And the Kangaroos in Australia had to walk and hop the whole way across Asia to get there … and walk and hop all the way back!

My guess is four years, each way if they could hop through winter snows.

Their perception of the cold robots with their illogical and unrelenting ridiculous theories based on simplistic assessments of the universe was right on.

There are many people like that. I've met both atheists and religious people who fit such a definition.

What do you think is the solution for the robot-type-people?

I can answer all those questions, but I don't see that it would do you any good at present, since you don't believe in Jehovah God or His Word anyway. I wish it would do you good, but it won't until you get that chip off your shoulder. I'm not really sure why it's there, and you wear so many masks to hide it. I can't take it off your shoulder, that's something only you can do. Jehovah can help you if you let Him, but you're mad at Him right now about something. I can't read hearts. I can answer the questions if you want to play that game - I like to play that kind of game anyway, "Bible trivia, presented by @boyle!" But I really don't know what you get out of it, @boyle.

26 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

The theology.

Specifically, the two detectives analysis of Robot theology.

I didn't realize they were called "detectives"...maybe because I read it fast or only the first three chapters so far. I just thought Donovan and Powell were called "Earthmen" and they seemed like tech-people.

I noticed they liked to eat a lot, and sleep. Kind of a contrast between them and the robots. 

What do you think was the similarity with the "not being useful anymore" bit? How does that relate to the theology part?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.