The World News Media

"Who Really Is My Neighbor?" (brought to you by the Number Seven)

John 12.24to28

IMG_7457.jpeg

Jesus taught that our Love should Overcome our Prejudice:

"Now look! a man versed in the Law stood up to test him and said: “Teacher, what do I need to do to inherit everlasting life?”  

"He said to him: “What is written in the Law? How do you read?”  

"In answer he said: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’”  

"He said to him: “You answered correctly; keep doing this and you will get life.” 

"But wanting to prove himself righteous, the man said to Jesus: “Who really is my neighbor?”  

"In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jerʹi·cho and fell victim to robbers, who stripped him, beat him, and went off, leaving him half-dead.  

"Now by coincidence a priest was going down on that road, but when he saw him, he passed by on the opposite side.  

"Likewise, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the opposite side.  

"But a certain Sa·marʹi·tan traveling the road came upon him, and at seeing him, he was moved with pity.  

"So he approached him and bandaged his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them. 

"Then he mounted him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him.  

"The next day he took out two de·narʹi·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said: ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I return.’  

"Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man who fell victim to the robbers?”  

"He said: “The one who acted mercifully toward him.” 

"Jesus then said to him: “Go and do the same yourself.""

Many ancient Jews were prejudiced against Samaritans.

"Who really is my neighbor?"

We are all neighbors on this earth. The planet is a small place, really.

Some neighbors include...

IMG_7486.jpeg

• Views 3.1k
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was at a stoplight, when this scraggly non-Caucasian with some brochures and a can motioned for me to roll my window down  He was asking for contributions to the BLFM, and I put two dollars in

That’s what I like … short … to the point, and easy to read, and bold in presentation. …… it also is a big plus to be true.

The seven plagues, trumpets, seals, bowls, thunders, they are all expressing different aspects of the beginning of the great tribulation. They are expressing God's judgment on false religion in slight

Posted Images

The seven plagues, trumpets, seals, bowls, thunders, they are all expressing different aspects of the beginning of the great tribulation. They are expressing God's judgment on false religion in slightly different ways, as well as revealing the debased condition of beastly human governmental powers. The seven plagues, trumpets, seals, bowls, thunders all take place after Jesus is enthroned in heaven and Satan is cast down to the earth. Jesus was not enthroned in 1914. When he is enthroned, all these other things will take place in rapid succession. Daniel shows we are near that time at present, because Putin is coming to his end, and there is no helper for him. Michael will stand up soon to take the throne and the great tribulation will begin.

During that time, we will need to have strong love in order to endure. We must show love for not just our friends, but also for our enemies. We have to overcome these petty prejudices and foolish class distinctions. It is the only way to survive what is coming. "God is Love." We must have love for all our neighbors. It is the only way to survive.

Ex-JW or JW, apostate or orthodox, whatever race, whatever sexual orientation, religious or atheist - "disfellowshipped" or "shunned" is not something that should be in the vocabulary of a true Christian...we must show love for all humans because they are made in God's image. It doesn't mean we have to agree with all their personal life choices or closely held doctrines. But we need to be willing to help them if they need help, if they are the ones beat-up on the side of the road.

There are no caste systems in love.

"Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man who fell victim to the robbers?”  

"He said: “The one who acted mercifully toward him.” 

"Jesus then said to him: “Go and do the same yourself.""

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7459.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7486.jpeg

Jesus told us what it means to be a neighbor.

The current governing body tells us God doesn't want us to treat certain people as a neighbor.

You can choose who you want to follow, Christ or the governing body. You can't do both. "We must obey God as ruler rather than men." When men tell us to disobey Christ, we must not have fear of man.

"By their fruits you will recognize them."

(Jehovah has left His Name on His organization. Jesus is coming to remove the lawless ones who are sitting as gods in the House of God. When the governing body is removed during the great tribulation, it will become ever so clear which doctrines were false and which were true.)

Hi, @boyle! I hope you had a nice day today.🙂

55 minutes ago, boyle said:

Is that the fault of true Christians that follow Jesus instruction to keep away from the Wicked? Are you speaking for Christ and God? 

I need not be considered. These things are recorded in God's Word...

"I do not request that you take them out of the world, but that you watch over them because of the wicked one."

Jesus never said to shun the wicked. He acknowledged that true Christians have to live in a wicked world.

Under inspiration Paul wrote: "In my letter I wrote you to stop keeping company with sexually immoral people, not meaning entirely with the sexually immoral people of this world or the greedy people or extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world."

Then he went on to say not to worship with people who accept unclean ways of life. It would be improper to let a person pray at a congregation meeting who is in an immoral relationship. It would be improper to let a person teach at a congregation meeting if that person is an unrepentant drunkard. 

"But now I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man."

When Paul was talking about "not even eating with" the context shows he was talking about not eating the Lord's evening meal with an unrepentant wrongdoer. The verses just prior show this:

"So, then, let us keep the festival, not with old leaven, nor with leaven of badness and wickedness, but with unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

He wasn't saying to never talk to or never eat with people who do unrighteous behaviors. He was saying not to do worship with them if they are actively choosing to do something they know God doesn't like. We are still supposed to show love for them. It's a command from Jesus, and he gets his authority from Jehovah God.

Jesus said: "On the contrary, continue to love your enemies and to do good and to lend without hoping for anything back; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind toward the unthankful and wicked. Continue being merciful, just as your Father is merciful." 

It's not "showing love" to someone to ignore them and act like they are dead even though they're living. 

“Moreover, stop judging, and you will by no means be judged; and stop condemning, and you will by no means be condemned. Keep on forgiving, and you will be forgiven."

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Like you said, should Jehovah's witnesses follow dedicated responsible men that are assigned by God, or ourselves because, we refuse to follow Jesus instructions and footsteps?

Are you talking about the governing body? They are currently exercising authority in the organization. Jehovah has permitted them to exercise this authority, just like He permitted Herod and Pilate to exercise authority.

"Pay back, therefore, Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God."

It is wise to respect authority. Jehovah is the Highest Authority. He has given authority to His Son.

Jesus said: "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth."

"Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely."

"My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

"And whoever does not accept his torture stake and follow after me is not worthy of me."

Jesus gave us the kingly law of love: "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another."

The governing body is telling people to not show love. They are false teachers. The God's Word speaks about them...

"However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves.  Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.  Also, they will greedily exploit you with counterfeit words. But their judgment, decided long ago, is not moving slowly, and their destruction is not sleeping."

1 hour ago, boyle said:

the grace of God, I always have

I am very pleased, my brother, to hear of your confidence in God's undeserved kindness towards you. He is merciful toward us all, and   it pleases me to hear you express such faith in Him. You are right to praise Him for His grace towards you.🥰 He does love you very much.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Jesus instruction challenged his true followers to reframe, from associating with the wicked. Do you disagree with Jesus?

I will always agree with Jesus, because He is always right.

He was right when he lowered himself and became as a slave.

"Do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with humility consider others superior to you, as you look out not only for your own interests, but also for the interests of others. Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in God’s form, did not even consider the idea of trying to be equal to God. No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human. More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake."

Who did Jesus minister to? Criminals. Prostitutes. Sinners. He associated with the wicked in order to minister to them.

"Jesus called them to him and said: “You know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them and the great men wield authority over them.  This must not be the way among you; but whoever wants to become great among you must be your minister,  and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave.  Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”"

Jesus commanded that we associate with sinners in order to minister to them.

"He said to them: “If you have one sheep and that sheep falls into a pit on the Sabbath, is there a man among you who will not grab hold of it and lift it out?  How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do a fine thing on the Sabbath.”"

If a sheep falls into a pit, you go get it out. Do you not go into the pit because you're afraid of getting your clothes dirty? No. You don't care about getting your clothes dirty. You go get the sheep.

"How much more valuable is a man than a sheep!"

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Paul received the same inspiration that Jesus received from God. Do you believe we should just take the bible verbatim and exclude other wicked things humans are capable of doing?

Please restate the question, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Yes, holy spirit inspired the Bible writers. Yes, it's the same holy spirit that empowered Jesus to do miracles. The Bible is God's Word. We should try to be good. Is that what you're asking? I don't understand the question, maybe you could kindly rephrase it for me, I'm kind of simple.🙂

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Wasn't this meant for those that had yet to know God or understand God's word correctly? The Pharisees were adding to Moses commandments and god's law.

But what did Jesus say about those that had repented and had received God's Holy Spirit, then turned away from Christ's love and God's command?  Were they supposed to be treated as an unbeliever once again? The bible doesn't indicate that. It does indicate true followers should treat those wicked as tax collectors. Do you know how the Jews viewed a tax collector?

Jesus ate with tax collectors.

Jesus didn't qualify "enemies" as to anyone specific.

I think you are referring to this verse:

"For as regards those who were once enlightened and who have tasted the heavenly free gift and who have become partakers of holy spirit and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but have fallen away, it is impossible to revive them again to repentance, because they nail the Son of God to the stake again for themselves and expose him to public shame."

That verse is talking specifically about certain anointed Christians. It's not talking about someone who learned about Jehovah and Jesus and then decided it wasn't for them, or who sinned or stumbled and didn't repent right away. It is talking about someone like Judas Iscariot who "tasted the heavenly free gift" and actively rejected that calling.

1 John 2 talks about such ones as antiChrists who knew what it was like to be part of the body of Christ as anointed Christians but who actively separated themselves from the holy spirit by means of teaching lies, false doctrine, about Jesus. That is what the governing body is in danger of doing today. They are not teaching the truth about the power of the ransom to redeem the brothers or others (the disfellowshipping doctrine as currently practiced puts the power of so-called judicial committees of men above the power of the ransom blood). The governing body have also separated themselves from the body of Christ by attempting to cut off other anointed Christians who adhere to the word of God and the leading of the holy spirit as poured out by the Christ. Jesus is coming to remove all unrepentant antiChrists from Jehovah's organization very soon.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Jesus gave us revised laws that included love. Should true Christians only focus on the laws they like? What about the laws they don't like from Christ? Should a true Chritian "disobey" them because it doesn't benefit them?

A Christian should obey all the laws from the Christ. What laws are you talking about specifically?

1 hour ago, boyle said:
1 hour ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

"However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves.  Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.  Also, they will greedily exploit you with counterfeit words. But their judgment, decided long ago, is not moving slowly, and their destruction is not sleeping."

This is a good point. How do you personally see yourself from this perspective? 

I see myself in this part of the verse: "Also, they will greedily exploit Audrey with counterfeit words." Of course, you could add your name in there too, and all the other Jehovah's Witnesses who have been exploited by their counterfeit words.

Here is an example of their counterfeit words..."We love you very much!" 

How many times have you heard that at the end of an Update or Broadcast by a member of the governing body? 

If someone loves you and you write to them hundreds of times begging for their assistance or attention to a serious matter, do you expect that they might respond? Sure, maybe they're busy, but what if they do eventually respond by revoking your privilege of attending meetings and sending back your letter with a big red "REJECTED" stamp on it? Does that sound like someone who "loves you very much?"

No. That sounds like a counterfeiter. Someone who is exploiting you, asking you for money so they can live in a nice place on the lake with free healthcare and slaves to cook and clean for them.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Isn't your negative talk about the GB abusive speech?

If I tell you that the weather is stormy, do you call that an abusive weather report because it's negative? If I tell you the milk is soured and the bread is moldy, do you call that an abusive food analysis because it's negative?

I am not abusive. Not toward the governing body or anyone else.

Here is what Jesus said to the Pharisees: "Offspring of vipers, how can you speak good things when you are wicked? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." 

Calling a snake "a snake" is not abusive speech. I love the men on the governing body, but they are naughty. The men on the governing body are snakes. Jesus said it's okay to tell the truth about such things. He told us to follow his example in telling the truth. I love Jesus.😌🥰💖

"And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder: “Come!”  And I saw, and look! a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went out conquering and to complete his conquest."

Once Jesus receives the kingdom, he figuratively "opens" the seven seals.

He will begin his ride to cleanse the organization. He will ride to cleanse the reproach off of Jehovah's Name. He will ride vigorously like Jehu did when he got his assignment.

Jehu removed Jezebel before the nation had a chance to know what was going on. It will be similar when Jesus removes all the "Jezebel-like" men taking the lead in the organization. They will be removed in an instant, like a thief in the night, whenever it is they are saying "peace and security". 

We have not been in the conclusion of the system of things. The conclusion happens after Jesus takes the throne. He didn't take the throne in 1914. When he takes the throne, a lot of things will change very quickly. The organization will be cleansed and refined.

"The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels.  Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things.  The Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness,  and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be. At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. Let the one who has ears listen."

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.