The World News Media

"Who Really Is My Neighbor?" (brought to you by the Number Seven)

John 12.24to28

• Views 3.2k
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was at a stoplight, when this scraggly non-Caucasian with some brochures and a can motioned for me to roll my window down  He was asking for contributions to the BLFM, and I put two dollars in

That’s what I like … short … to the point, and easy to read, and bold in presentation. …… it also is a big plus to be true.

The seven plagues, trumpets, seals, bowls, thunders, they are all expressing different aspects of the beginning of the great tribulation. They are expressing God's judgment on false religion in slight

Posted Images

Scriptures Cited on Page 6 of this thread...

The Revelation was for God's friends to understand what is coming: Revelation 1:1-3

Jesus loves people and wants them to have life: Revelation 3:19; Revelation 22:17

Putin coming to his end and Jesus taking throne in heaven: Daniel 11:44,45; Daniel 12:1

Jesus kicks Satan out of heaven: Revelation 12:7-12

GB not expecting what is coming because they think Satan was already cast down in 1914: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

Great tribulation will be 3 1/2 years: Revelation 12:12-14; Daniel 12:6,7

Spiritual food means following and obeying Jesus, not false doctrines of men: 1 Corinthians 10:1-4

The illustration about "faithful slave" is just about keeping on the watch, not about a title: Matthew 24:42-51

John told of an elder who removed people from the congregation and said it was not a good thing: 3 John 9,10

Scriptures Cited on Page 7 of this thread...

True worshippers must stay in union with Christ: John 15:1-10

Verse about Putin coming to his end: Daniel 11:44,45

Jesus taking throne during the time of Putin's demise: Daniel 12:1

Great tribulation lasts 3 1/2 years: Daniel 12:6,7; Daniel 7:25; Daniel 8:23-25; Luke 21:24; Revelation 11:2; Revelation 12:14

Anointed ones in union with Christ don't cut others off, they beg others to become reconciled to God: 2 Corinthians 5:20

Jehovah always tells ahead of time what He will do: Isaiah 46:10; Amos 3:7

Scriptures Cited on Page 8 of this thread...

Not eating Memorial celebration with unrepentant wrongdoer: 1 Corinthians 5:4-11

Not worshipping alongside a person who rejects what Christ taught about love, not saying "good job" when such a person teaches lies or going along with the lie in order to worship together: 2 John 6-11

Jesus said to greet even sinners: Matthew 5:47

Jehovah's way is refreshing: Hosea 6:3; Isaiah 26:19; Zechariah 8:12

Scriptures Cited on Page 9 of this thread...

Jehovah protected Adam and Eve physically with garments: Genesis 3:21

We must imitate Jehovah's love in caring even for wicked ones: Matthew 5:43-48

Love is patient: 1 Corinthians 13:4; James 5:7; 1 Thessalonians 2:7,8

Life can change quickly: James 4:14,17

Sometimes we understand more later: John 13:7; Acts 10:28

Showing undeserved kindness to others: Philippians 4:23

24 minutes ago, boyle said:

Doing good. Just finishing up a few theological elements. I was just thinking of this.

I guess the more logical term for the disfellowshiped and apostates are:

BGT  1 Corinthians 5:13 τοὺς δὲ ἔξω ὁ θεὸς κρινεῖ. ἐξάρατε τὸν πονηρὸν ἐξ ὑμῶν αὐτῶν. (1 Cor. 5:13 BGT)

NAS  1 Corinthians 5:13 But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves. (1 Cor. 5:13 NAS) 

Meaning from the Christian Congregation where Jesus is the Head.

Danker, Greek NT Lexicon (DAN)

[DANK] ἐξαίρω

ἐξαίρω [ἐξ, αἴρω] remove, put out 1 Cor 5:2 v.l., 13.

To conform to the context of: Expel the immoral brother, it should be removed.

So, the D”fd will be "the expelled," and apostates will be former members.

I think that is a fair assessment. What do you think, Audrey?

I like that you looked at the Greek words.

Most of the time in the first century congregation, the friends were meeting in small groups in homes. There wouldn't be a "judicial committee" because there would be no need for one. Everybody would already know if someone was living immorally, like they did with the fellow Paul wrote about. People who owned the home could just not admit the person until they remedied the situation. Here is what Jesus said about that:

"Then Peter came and said to him: “Lord, how many times is my brother to sin against me and am I to forgive him? Up to seven times?”  Jesus said to him: “I say to you, not up to seven times, but up to 77 times."

"Even if he sins seven times a day against you and he comes back to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him."

They could "expel" the immoral person from their home or gathering, but if he said "I'm sorry" they should talk to him. Jesus said so.

(Matthew 18:21,22; Luke 17:4)

Scriptures Cited on Page 10 of this thread...

Figuratively "buy" truth: Proverbs 23:23

GB not interested in "buying" truth right now: John 9:41

Faithful anointed ones will follow Jesus no matter what flack they get for it: Revelation 14:4

Many true witnesses of Jehovah, including creation: Romans 1:20

Zeal for Jehovah: Psalm 69:9; Psalm 119:139

Jesus' approval manifest: John 14:20; John 15:5

Scriptures Cited on Page 11 of this thread...

Some elders are figuratively bloodthirsty: Proverbs 30:14

Faithful ones in the congregations throughout the world have suffered in the same way at the hands of some of the bad elders: 1 Peter 5:9

Jehovah sees and He will exterminate those causing and allowing such awful harm to others: Isaiah 28:22

Jesus gives us the words when we need them: Luke 21:13-15

2 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Now, if you could change your font color to black, and bold, and up it one size, these old 76 year old eyes could read what you have written with a lot less work.

I can't do much, but I can make that happen!☺️

(At least I can on future posts.🙂)

5 minutes ago, boyle said:

You need to prove you have genuine repentance.

Jesus said even if a person comes back seven times a day and say "I repent" to forgive him. Jesus didn't say "hold a judicial committee, then wait a week to make an announcement, then give the person a year not talking to them..." Nope. Those things are all man-made doctrines. Jesus was clear and simple with his instruction. The Pharisees liked to make everything complicated.