The World News Media

60 Queens and 80 Concubines

TrueTomHarley

Dear Tom @ LoveLine:

There's this obnoxious brother at the Kingdom Hall making advances toward me. I want him to drop dead, but my parents are pushing him because he has a lot of dough.

I think he's sincere but I don't know. He has 60 wives and 80 concubines. They take up the entire 2nd auditorium. But he has said many endearing things to me, like: "Only one is my dove, my flawless one." 

This pulls at my heartstrings. What should I do?

[There may be 60 queens 
and 80 concubines 
And young women without number.
But only one is my dove,
my flawless one.....Ca 6:8-9]

Dear Person:

You forgot the "young women without number."

Tell the guy to take a hike. He's used that line on each of the 60 queens and 80 concubines.

photo: Vincent Brassinne

image.jpeg

• 2 months later...

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Mel Brooks said in his 1981 film History of the World, Part I " ... "It's GOOD TO BE KING!

When one is deciding on which wife to keep, and which wife to get rid of ... perhaps watching the movie with Richard Burton, and Elizabeth Taylor .... "The Taming of the Shrew" would be in order .....

Dear Tom @ LoveLine: There's this obnoxious brother at the Kingdom Hall making advances toward me. I want him to drop dead, but my parents are pushing him because he has a lot of dough. I th

Posted Images

• 10 months later...

:))) Some dear JWs in this forum persuade themselves and others that JW have the highest moral standards in compare to all other religions. And that is because they hold God's word, and how that god has fixed, invariable moral laws from the beginning of humans, from Adam and Eve. 

In proving that, JW said how Israel nation of OT era are the most advanced nation, how all was educated, have very hygienic standards, almost no poverty in some periods (we shall not mentioned slavery here, slavery of every kind and sources-sex slavery, economic slavery, slavery based on nationality and tribal affiliation).

JWorg have no logical explanation on such and similar "anomaly" inside Israel, god's chosen organization/nation of past. This and other "moral anomaly" are regulated by perfect god's law. We can see that even bad moral behaviour of human can be justified by god JHVH and not be punished as braking of moral principles, but incorporated in Law and regulated by highest moral standards for immoral acts. As in this "case" of polygamy inside "clean nation".

It is interesting what made god so tolerant about something that is not tolerated according to christian teaching and teaching of JWorg. JW consider themselves as legal continuation of god's organizations on earth. Yes, i purposely wrote organizations, in plural, because if JW are from god, then are also one of expression, structure, one in a row of successor who "represent" true god. As the heirs and legal successors of the organized religion, JWorg should be proud of all sort of inheritance -spiritual, religious, legal ... from OT Israel to today. And Israel kings, polygamists, are very important part of heritage. Man can be polygamist and true worshiper. History prove this claim.

If things it is like this, JWorg can also have "kings" who act morally questionable, but in the same time be accepted by god whose moral standards can be adapt to lower level, adjusted to those who can not reach exaltation and perfection of god's law.

If that is so, again, then why to be so harsh on members(cursed people, Am Haarets)  who are just  imperfect as "kings"? :))) 

• 1 month later...

As he put up with them for 40 years and did what he did right before they went into the land of promise. He could have not been so harsh as you put it, let them off the just a bit. He was going to allow polygamy and sex slavery as you say, so why not a lay in the hay before going into this land? Because it is not as how you say it was on none of the fronts. Like Jehovah said, we are trying to adjust his thinking, why? It is perfect in ALL his ways. All of them. We are missing something, some form of information that makes this righteous. Which is sad when we call out Jehovah.

• 2 months later...

A brother in the kingdom hall with 60 wives and 80 concubines?  A brother of whom?  How long was polygamy tolerated in Christianity?

*** g74 2/8 p. 25 My Life as a Festival Singer in Africa ***
The Bible Changes My Husband
But throughout this period one of Jehovah’s witnesses came each week to conduct a Bible study with my husband. His visits began to affect my husband’s thinking in a favorable way, and this was reflected in what seemed a more tolerant attitude toward me. He became more gentle and soft with me and he seemed to find it easier to talk about the things he was learning in his newfound religion.
Almost all of us living in our village were animists, so anything my husband would relate about what he learned from the Bible was quite new to me as well as others.
The real turning point in my life, however, came one day when my husband called me to his side and explained that he had learned from the Bible that a man should be the husband of only one wife. (1 Tim. 3:2, 12) So he said that he had decided to send one of his wives back to her people. My heart sank, for my “mate” (his secondary wife) was younger than I. Would he send me, the senior wife, or the younger woman? My anxiety mounted when he went on to explain that this had been a difficult decision for him to make. But he then said: “Will you go with me to the Native Court so we can get papers for our marriage?”
I was so relieved, and I readily agreed. I was even excited about the prospect of going to the Native Court to have our marriage solemnized and registered. What had brought about this important decision on his part? Jehovah’s witnesses had explained to him that if he wanted to be a real Christian, his marriage should be legally registered. So more was needed than just paying the dowry. Also, it was explained to him that he should take the ‘wife of his youth’ and her only. (Prov. 5:18) So he sent his second wife back to her people.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.