The World News Media

JWs and Child Molestation

Srecko Sostar

Yet ... the civil governments do the same thing out of a basic common sense, and human decency. ...

...and recently seem to have the moral high ground.

10 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Anything done can be done better. Anna pointed to new policies that offer improvement. Was it irresponsible not to have done it before? Who can say? There is nothing to compare it to

Who can say?

ANYBODY THAT LOVES JUSTICE MORE THAN MONEY!

... that's who.

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Law enforcement will not take any action either if they cannot prove someone guilty. And if they do convict someone of child sexual molestation, then guess what, after serving a prison sentence, somet

I thought you might understand what I was saying in this way. But that is not what I meant. As we say, "just one molested child is one too many". However, my point was that there will be a certain amo

On 9/29/2017 at 11:56 AM, Anna said:

(however sisters will never be able to take part in a JC committee because of its “official” nature).

God has formulated his anointed “royal priesthood” in Christ, using both male and female members; yet in this “operation of error”, men not appointed by God have replaced God’s ‘wisdom’ with those using human wisdom.  No wonder the Wt. continues to stumble and fall backwards in guiding the sheep.   Mal 2:7; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10; 1 John 2:27; Gal 3:26-29; Heb 10:15,16; Isa 28:9-15; 2 Thess 2:9-12

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 8:42 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

What "long standing and widely published religious principles

Those religious principles in the WT and other publications. They part of the inserts of the 2017 policies.

On 9/30/2017 at 8:42 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

?If those NEW policy are long standing???? why change old Policy??? to New one that is long standing and widely known???

It is normal for policies to be adjusted to adapt to new circumstances, but the principles behind them do no change and have been long standing and widely know in WT articles and other publications available to everyone.

15 hours ago, Anna said:

new circumstances, but the principles behind them do no change

Dear , "new circumstances" are in this; problem of child molestation in JWorg are incredibly huge. And it was "huge" because of numbers of victims and court cases, and millions of $ that WT Corporation have to pay. It is also because it was hidden in front JW members all this decades. 

"Principles" is/are something else. Principles are not that, after reading some bible verses or reports man come to conclusion, to inspirational "new light" and say; "this is bible principle!" No, verses, events that you are reading are other people experience and way how they solve their problems. That is not always role model how you, today must solving your problems. :)  

"Principles"  - with this word, especially when someone add "Bible principles", human leaders in WT corp. are caused more problems than would be without such idea.

Bible is "TWO EDGED SWORD" !          

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

problem of child molestation in JWorg are incredibly huge

Incredibly huge? That is a relative concept. A mouse is incredibly huge to an ant, but tiny to an elephant. By huge, do you mean there is at least one child molester in every congregation, or maybe more? Or is it "huge" because of the way it has been blown out of proportion by critics and opposers?

millions of $ that WT Corporation

A drop in the ocean. The majority of cases are settled out of court, and don't forget, the WT uses its own lawyers, so no lawyer fees there.

It is also because it was hidden in front JW members all this decades. 

It was never hidden. The publications made it clear that child molestation can happen, and gave helpful advice to parents on how to lessen the opportunity of it happening. I still remember that particular Awake from the 80's.

That is not always role model how you, today must solving your problems

I agree, that is why principles are great, because you can adapt them to any situation in any period of time.

44 minutes ago, Anna said:

Incredibly huge? That is a relative concept.

I agree. Everything is relative, depend where some man position is. If you are victim nothing is easy, but if you are just observer who is not touched by other people suffering or problem, indeed all that is "relative" :((((

A drop in the ocean. The majority of cases are settled out of court, and don't forget, the WT uses its own lawyers, so no lawyer fees there.

How can you be so insensitive again?? First with other people's feelings and problems in life, and now with other people's  money? Drop? That is not drop because most of JW members are not rich with money, have modest income. And everything have to be payed, even own lawyers in this way or another

It was never hidden.

Yes it is! And still now you have no one court case or settlement out of court announced on JWorg TV, not mentioned about how much money they paid to victims in his reports. No columns in Yearbook on that issue. That is  nothing but hiding.

principles are great,

"Two or three witness rule principe" are also great. haha 

44 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Everything is relative, depend where some man position is

I thought you might understand what I was saying in this way. But that is not what I meant. As we say, "just one molested child is one too many". However, my point was that there will be a certain amount of crimes committed even among JWs, it is the law of averages. But to call it an "incredibly huge" amount gives the impression there is at least one pedophile in every congregation. When Raymond Franz (former G.B) was asked by a certain campaigner against the Witnesses about child sexual molestation in the organization, it was Raymond's opportunity to really expose this "huge problem". However, and much to the campaigners disappointment, Raymond told him that he did not think that child sexual abuse was a major problem in the organization and that it had been sensationalized. I believe had it been a huge problem, Raymond would have most definitely addressed it in one of his anti Witness books.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

How can you be so insensitive again?? First with other people's feelings and problems in life, and now with other people's  money? Drop? That is not drop because most of JW members are not rich with money, have modest income.

I am afraid it is a drop if we spent $80 million dollars on stamps to send letters to Russia. Ask @James Thomas Rook Jr.. The most that was ever asked in a lawsuit was $21 million and that ended up being settled out of court for an undisclosed amount which would have been very much less than that (probably a few thousand). But if we are going to use your argument, then why are former members imposing this on their brothers and sisters? They don't seem to care much that "most of JW members are not rich with money, have modest income" do they?

you have no one court case or settlement out of court announced on JWorg TV, not mentioned about how much money they paid to victims in his reports. No columns in Yearbook on that issue. That is nothing but hiding.

Are you serious? The organization is about preaching the good news. That is its mission. Problems arising from man's imperfection and the world in general are side issues that have to be dealt with by those who are  involved, and not by every single member of the organization. I mean would you expect every problem to be reported to the whole worldwide brotherhood? If not, then which problem would you chose to report and which would not be reported? The goal is to stop child sexual abuse and other problems. Not to report on the statistics of them. Have you been to this years convention? There was a whole talk based on protecting our children. All those who attended would have heard it, and all those who know that the organization never arbitrarily just puts information out there, will have understood that this talk was given because there is still a problem.

Two or three witness rule principe" are also great. haha 

Law enforcement will not take any action either if they cannot prove someone guilty. And if they do convict someone of child sexual molestation, then guess what, after serving a prison sentence, sometimes of only 6 moths to a year, they are released back into the community, and unless you have a sex offender tracker, you will have no idea there is one living in your neighborhood.

24 minutes ago, Anna said:

Raymond's opportunity to really expose this "huge problem".

Do not know, of course, what Raymond knew and not about paedophilia. When i was said "huge" i was thinking as big in  in relation to;

a) the general attitude of the JW organization and the excitement that its members are a highly moral person

b)  the number of members worldwide and the number of victims and their perpetrators, which are not publicly known, except for the Australian number that has become public, some write about 20-30 thousand pedophiles in JW. That's not a small figure for 8 million JW. Publication WT once wrote that every year some 80,000 members are excluded/disfellowshipped. So it is "huge" number no matter what was "sin".

39 minutes ago, Anna said:

$80 million dollars on stamps

or on luxury of new headquarters and WT logo on drain elements,  huh 

42 minutes ago, Anna said:

The organization is about preaching the good news

members are preaching for sure, but one big part of WT religious bureaucracy have different mission :) 

Thanks for conversation.