The World News Media

Edinburgh Residents targeted with handwritten letters from child members of Jehovah's Witnesses brand the move 'sick

12 hours ago, Witness said:

I believe it is better to be on the safe side, than to create a pronounceable name for God, especially since “hovah” is a Hebrew word meaning “a ruin, a disaster”.  https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=h1943

This is very serious. 

Just speculation, but what if each of 4 letters represents one word? Similar to expresion: And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am

• Views 2.9k
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me too! And I've noticed that the majority of those who leave, stop using it. To me that says a lot.

If he would be equally outraged at a child expressing support for his school, love for his country, support for some local cause, rallying for some local politician, selling Scout cookies, knocking on

Yes. Of course. He will be merging “Almighty God” with Jesus Chrst presently, if he hasn’t already, and it may not be long after that he sends “Almighty God” to the ash heap entirely to worship Jesus.

21 hours ago, xero said:

produces progressively predictable response patterns as these have chosen themselves as their own root.

It that like the Leaders of the Watchtower repeating  predictable response patterns  about the 'last part of the last day' and the 'oh so close to the end'  and the 'you must be a JW to be saved'. Is that because they have chosen themselves as their own root.  

Yes, seems to make sense now. 

On 3/7/2021 at 11:44 AM, Anna said:

The meaning of God's name does not change just because you pronounce it in a different language to Hebrew. And guess why not? Because anyone who is educated, or cares to do research will associate the name (in whatever language they speak) with the Hebrew God, and the meaning thereof. Google it.

In any case, this conversation is getting ridiculously silly....

What is silly, is putting importance on speaking or writing the word, "Jehovah" and then proclaiming that by not doing so - not speaking it, not writing it -  that person basically does not "believe", or does not have God's Holy Spirit.  

On 3/7/2021 at 12:07 PM, Anna said:

There is nothing wrong with calling God, God of course, no one is saying that. However, Jesus indicated on numerous occasions that God's name was important, and he quoted from Hebrew scriptures pronouncing God's name.

Can you tell me where Jesus spoke God's name? 

He carried God's name within him. 

"Yah Will Save, Yah Saves" - The name Jesus is the Greek transliteration of either the name יהושע (Joshua) or its shortened form (ישוע) Jeshua, and consists of two elements. The first part is the appellative יה (Yah) = יהו (Yahu) = יו (Yu), which in turn are abbreviated forms of the Tetragrammaton; the name of the Lord: YHWH, or Yahweh. - https://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Jesus.html

"And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:

10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest."  Mark 11:9-10

You know, JWs  (Rutherford to be precise) could have been more accurate in speaking the name of God if they did choose "Yahweh" instead of  the disastrous name,  "Jehovah".  

What an appropriate name to attach to an organization that has caused the ruin and disaster of so many lives.

48 minutes ago, Witness said:

Can you tell me where Jesus spoke God's name? 

I also don't recall any Bible verse. It can be that Jesus, despite his "rebellious attitude" about Jew's customs and interpretations of "Moses's Law" (washing hands, working on Sabbath and similar) in many cases, he also didn't want to provoke spiritual leaders too much, also. If that was the case, perhaps he didn't publicly spoke God's name for same reason as all other Jews of his time. Just idea.    

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.