The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

7 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Not to mention propaganda affiliation. But as pointed out, not many is keen on research and will often eat up what the MSM says to them.

Not to mention, people don't understand the intent of an example when it's made. That's sadder than not doing a proper research before they post. However, people here are already complacent to how others deal with assumptions.

• Views 41.8k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Your original  objection was about the plants (roses). The answer was related to that type of objection.
............. People? There is never peace with them. People are too (radio)-active by themselves, on their own.

The example was made to your comment about roses. Can anyone enjoy roses in those areas? You seem to forget what you posted about JOY! 

How should one interpret your intent if you yourself confuse it.

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

especially because we are ALL participants of debates under JW Open Club

Then, why subvert the Watchtower literature? How is manipulation part of a good debate? It makes for a sad argument, but not for a debate.

2 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Todays Christians are Prophets Not Inspired, spirit led to process the Great Commission of which the Christ commanded.

You might want to clarify this position with a better understanding with the words "prophet" and "inspired" with how the great commission continues.

Remember, a person continuing that commission is using the inspired word of God, not as a prophet, but as a disciple of Christ.

There also needs to be a clarification on the phrase, Prophet not inspired. It would be helpful to explain what you mean about "the purpose about the parables."

4 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

The ill intent and mindset of some people has changed, even in the realm of aggression.

Thank you for your concern Space Merchant. Yes, I agree, I have been observing this shift/rise for some time now. I do view the aggression you speak of as becoming a hightent aggression as the result of manufactured fear by way of (fear induction/indoctrination.)

Using fear is one of the most effective ways to control people.

This place of desperation seems to be fueling the aggressive flames of extremism within the organization and Society at Large.

9 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

The majority, even JWs are simply Normal Prophets/Prophets Not Inspired

WTJWorg addressed the topic of “prophets” in their Insight encyclopedia. I went to their site to be reminded of what they wrote. Of course, JWs tend to use a certain term in a way and in a model that suits them in a particular situation.

A “normal JW” will never use the term “prophet” on himself, but most often “witness”, “announcer”, "publisher" and the like. But also, when JW would talk about “prophets” he would use the terms “inspired” (from God or from the devil) and even more significant terminology is “true and false prophet”.
Analogously, are JWs true or false (prophets) publishers and witnesses today?

JWs deal with interpretations of the biblical text and predictions of events from biblical texts that are enigmatic or in the form of prophecy. When they make a mistake in interpretations, they are "false prophets", aren't they? And when their doctrine will remain unchanged forever then we will be able to call them “true prophets,” right?

How does a “normal JW prophet” come to “knowledge”? Through verbal and written "prophecy" of GB, of course. GB is The Main Ecclesiastical Body for all JWs, and they are Guardian of Doctrine. So the “normal JW” is just a transmitter of GB "revelations", not some sort of “prophet” who, through personal spiritual effort, came up with the impetus for “prophecy” with the help/incentive  of "spirit".

"Normal JW prophet" works on the copy / paste model. They absorb information from "earthly mother organization"  and then transmit it through public preaching. JW "prophesies" (about) his faith in .....this and that.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

when JW would talk about “prophets” he would use the terms “inspired”

Go and read the insight again.  You are putting your own interpretation on it.  I prophet is only ' inspired' when he predicts the future and it comes true.....  We NO longer have those kind of prophets who predict the future.  BUT a prophet is not only  a person who predicts the future but definitely one who corrects the people when they are straying from Jehovah,  teaches the laws of Jehovah, and lays out the truth of the prophecies that were already written by inspired prophets.

I am writing this from memory......  but I know all you said above is not in the Insight.  Your own interpretations are obviously more important to you than the bible. 

There are false prophets too.  They abound at present.  

14 hours ago, Dmitar said:

You might want to clarify this position with a better understanding with the words "prophet" and "inspired" with how the great commission continues.

I have in the quotation itself. But the fact Srecko seems to ignore it, I only do partial quotes of what he isn't capable of seeing concerning such events.

For what a Prophet does now vs the days of Pentecost, etc. the difference was shown.

14 hours ago, Dmitar said:

Remember, a person continuing that commission is using the inspired word of God, not as a prophet, but as a disciple of Christ.

There also needs to be a clarification on the phrase, Prophet not inspired. It would be helpful to explain what you mean about "the purpose about the parables."

It was also explained on what a Prophet not inspired actually is, I put the quotation several times on this thread to both Srecko, Butler, and Witness, even pulled some information from the original thread.

In their minds, they assume something entirely different from what the Bible and Christian history conveys, in Witness' case, I don't see as to why John the Baptist was even mentioned when there is evidence of him passing early on-mid 1st century.

As for Biblical Parables, I haven't mentioned any in this thread. But if we had to pick a Parable, especially concerning the notion of Prophets, perhaps the Parable of the Ten Virgins, concerning those awaiting for the return of the Christ, for, Christians are aware of what the Commission represents, and who gave command to it, as is when it is to end is up to the Lord to give his say on.

That being said, concerning Prophets, I may just make a thread whenever I get the chance because every time the distinction was made, it gets drowned out by people who don't truly know what their own Bible says, likewise, in your case when your question about seers/prophets was drowned out by them, ignored.

15 hours ago, Dmitar said:

Not to mention, people don't understand the intent of an example when it's made. That's sadder than not doing a proper research before they post. However, people here are already complacent to how others deal with assumptions.

Yes, and it would not surprise me if people with this mentality actually puts more fuel into the fire, especially during wartime.

Like the example given in @Witness's thread concerning World War II and JWs of that time, the Ex Bethel JW member simply read the title of the archived article he provided in his video, but didn't read the archived article itself for context, which resulted in his opinion of the JWs ordeal in that time, as with the Nazi Regime.

Those who are sheeple to the MSM and associated affiliates such as The Atlantic, BBC, Guardian, Daily Beast, etc, even Big Tech itself. most of the time people base their conclusions and opinions on the title or what someone says about said title, not knowing what the article conveys, hence Srecko's case concerning the Drone, as is even in the past concerning Glasgow.

This is a willful re-write of history, and such an action is Agenda based, if it is a tool to sway people into a narrative to ignore what is truthful. A tactic I had seen many, many times over the years concerning various issues, even now with the Ukraine and Russia situation, the MSM not only fools people continuously, they are also the same ones who push the war mongering narrative, which will get people not involved in their narrative and politics to be effected as collateral, if not them, become victimized by the Wild Beast and or severely harmed/assassinated by them if the truth can hurt them, i.e. The situation with Serena Shim.

That being said, their ill action will come to the doorstep of God's people one way or another, so knowing the enemy itself, a God fearing person can evade whatever is thrown at them while maintain their faith compared to those who fall victims unknowingly, which will eat away at whatever remnant of faith they have left. For this is why I have an extreme disdain for misinformation.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.