The World News Media

LOVE FOR JESUS CHRIST

Witness

This quote came from another forum:

"Like those in Christendom, the early Bible Students mistakenly allowed their love for Jesus to overshadow their relationship with Jehovah. Beginning in 1919, however, they came to see that Jehovah and their relationship with him should be the focus of their worship. We can be thankful that we understand that our affection for Jesus is key to having a relationship with Jehovah. We must attach neither too much nor too little importance to our love for Jesus.—John 16:27"..... Wt. 4/2020 study edition

We must attach neither too much nor too little importance to our love for Jesus.

How does that work?  It works well through fear and ignorance.  JWs are taught not to love, and taught to downplay the role of Christ.  Many call him “the ransom” – true, but very sterile.   I was thinking how the name “Jehovah” is used much more than “Father”. “Jehovah” is said to be a friend; a father can be a friend, but the true love between a father and a son has no limits.  If Jesus and the Father are “one”, (John 10:30) and we are to honor the Son as we honor the Father, (John 5:23)  wouldn’t our love for both have no bounds?  JWs are to “imitate Jehovah”.  I doubt God regulates how much love He has for His Son.   If the leadership feels love for Christ must be bridled, kept in check, where is their scriptural proof.  Their choice of John 16:27 doesn’t cut it.

“neither too much nor too little”.  Right in the middle – neither hot nor cold.  Tepid.  Synonyms:  dull, halfhearted, unenthusiastic, apathetic, disinterested…lukewarm

I personally, would never underestimate Christ’s reaction on the matter, upon his return.

‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold (invigorating, refreshing) nor hot (healing, therapeutic); I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 So because you are lukewarm (spiritually useless), and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of My mouth [rejecting you with disgust]. 17 Because you say, “I am rich, and have prospered and grown wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked [without hope and in great need] 

I counsel you to buy from Me gold that has been heated red hot and refined by fire so that you may become truly rich; and white clothes [representing righteousness] to clothe yourself so that the shame of your nakedness will not be seen; and healing salve to put on your eyes so that you may see. 19 Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I rebuke and discipline [showing them their faults and instructing them]; so be enthusiastic and repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, your sinful behavior—seek God’s will].   Rev 3:15-20

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't believe your blindness.  I just wrote a topic on loving Jesus Christ without bounds, and you say I reject Jesus. You can't see the forest for the trees.  Is the tetragrammaton less important t

I suspect you already knew that @Srecko Sostar never called on me in any way. This is something you apparently just made up when you stated it as fact under another topic/thread.  But just in case you

His claim about our "secret" communication is absurd. This could be due to some kind of paranoia, misinterpreted events on the forum or simply throwing a “hook”. As you can see, I did not react to h

Posted Images

Why do you keep using names that give witness to the true God JEHOVAH?  

You claim the letter 'J' is false and continue your slanderous attakcs by keep using other names that begin with "j" like Jesus which means "Jehovah is Salvation". 

Your hypocrisy rivals satan himself.  You are a Big Fake.

48 minutes ago, BroRando said:

Jesus which means "Jehovah is Salvation". 

No, it reads, "Yah Will Save, Yah Saves"  

On the JW website is the "Bible in Living English".  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/publication/r1/lp-e/by

It states, "As to the Old Testament name of God, certainly the spelling and pronunciation “Jehovah” were originally a blunder."  (page 7)

You also might want to check out John 1:1 in this Bible owned by the Society, and also in the "Emphasized Bible", which uses "Yahweh" and not "Jehovah".    

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/binav/r1/lp-e/rh

2 minutes ago, Witness said:

No, it reads, "Yah Will Save, Yah Saves"  

On the JW website is the "Bible in Living English".  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/publication/r1/lp-e/by

It states, "As to the Old Testament name of God, certainly the spelling and pronunciation “Jehovah” were originally a blunder."  (page 7)

You also might want to check out John 1:1 in this Bible owned by the Society, and also in the "Emphasized Bible", which uses "Yahweh" and not "Jehovah".    

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/binav/r1/lp-e/rh

See how she rejects the name of Jesus...

No Jesus

No Jehovah

No Jews

This is really sad. Hilter claim there is no 'J' in the bible, therefore, there are no Jews!  He must not have read the books of Jeremiah, Job, John, James, or Jude and no King James Bible either?

15 minutes ago, BroRando said:

See how she rejects the name of Jesus...

No Jesus

I can't believe your blindness.  I just wrote a topic on loving Jesus Christ without bounds, and you say I reject Jesus. You can't see the forest for the trees.  Is the tetragrammaton less important to you than the hybrid name, "Jehovah"?  If I call God, "Father", am I a hypocrite?  If I use the letters YHVH to represent the God I am referring to, am I a "Big Fake"?   Have I rejected God and His Son?  Or, have I just rejected the hybrid name, "Jehovah"?

12 hours ago, Witness said:

Can you give me a good reason why the original pictograph of a shepherds staff couldn't be weighed in as an argument for the letter (J)? That was the earliest form of that letter. What does reclassification have to do with it today? The form "YHWH" or "YHVH" has the same sound definition. The (W) is simply a double (V) that has the same sound (waw) (vav) and both are part of the Hebrew lettering system.

I had to go back through the comment to understand why you said,

2 hours ago, Dmitar said:

What does the introduction of Greek have to do with it? 

I can only guess it's because I told @BroRando...

18 hours ago, Witness said:

I am sure he knew that I was referring to a recent post of his on John 1:1, as well my providing a link to a Bible on the JW website using "Yahweh" and not the word, "Jehovah".   But anyway, what you provided will help him understand why I stated:

18 hours ago, Witness said:

Have I rejected God and His Son?  Or, have I just rejected the hybrid name, "Jehovah"?

Within your post, it says, "Incidentally, the name "Jehovah" is a modern invention, an English hybrid based on the four Hebrew letters as transliterated into German, JHVH, with the individually transliterated Hebrew vowel-points of "Adonai", e-o-a.)

I've been saying that this name, "Jehovah", is a hybrid and not the true accurate name of God.  That is why I posted the video, which explains it also.  So, I should thank you for the additional information.

Thank you.

Neither the Hebrew nor the Greek language contains the letter 'J'.   So who you claim one name is false and the other is not, is not being consistent.

• You have no problem quoting the Hebrew Book of Joel which means "Jehovah is God".
  • You have no problem quoting the Greek Book of John which means "Jehovah Has Shown Favor"

These show you to be nothing more than a mere hypocrite. "Hypocrite! First remove the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to remove the straw from your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:5

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.