The Librarian

• Views 7k
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Youtuber has Phd in Theological Studies and offers his personal opinions throughout. I thought it interesting to see how others view us....

It’s been my observation that Audrey has been completely forthright with everybody, every time, however those with extreme agenda driven reading comprehension problems, who don’t actually completely r

Man, if that's persecution then I've got it easy, lol!😂   (I've been through some forms of persecution...I wouldn't call this persecution - it's playtime, kind of like that Whac-A-Mole game

Posted Images

On the emails from the elders they said: "The children can go to the meetings with your husband, but you are not allowed to be present."

There is no way on earth that I am going to let them go to that Kingdom Hall without me present. My husband is friends with that exCOBE. He's not going to protect the kids. No way. When I was banned, we just stayed home. Now that I'm not banned, when I went a few weeks ago for the CO visit (my husband didn't go when we went, he was tired), just the kids and I went, but since I will talk to people after meeting now, they'll just ban me again so we'll just keep doing meetings at home and my husband will go to the KH.

Yeah, the exCOBE kept sending a gift subscription magazine to the kids all this time, I told him to stop, I told the elders to tell him to stop, he wouldn't, and they didn't care. He just bought my son a guitar. Whatever. I gave up fighting that part of things. If I can see my "enemy" in front of me instead of sneaking around behind my back, I am more comfortable because I know where he is. I would rather he not be an "enemy" - I've tried to make peace and talk, but at this point he still won't admit he ever did anything wrong, so I can't trust him with my kids. No way.

4 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Well, in my life I had 21 people who tried to damage me… I kept a list.

Then I realized over time they were dying of auto accidents, strokes, disease, war, and now there is only one left, who I ignore.

Works for me!

I don't need to keep a list, really, I am forgiving. It's kind of like the difference between when you've been shot in the past versus when there is an active shooter in the neighborhood. It's not that you're not forgiving or not letting go of resentment, it's that you're still trying to keep on the defensive because there's a guy with a loaded gun pointed your way, figuratively speaking, of course.

5 hours ago, redHarmonioussparrow said:

Good read.

Summa Theologiae excommunicatus.

I think it's an awful read 😝but everyone is entitled to their opinion!

Greek philosophy influenced the oral law of the Jews. The Talmud reflects this Greek influence and apostasy from the Hebrew Scriptures.

Such Pharisaical traditions continued after the death of the apostles in the Christian congregation.

Greek philosophy influenced many so-called "Christian" writers, such as Thomas Aquinas, who wrote Summa Theologiae.

Greek philosophy continues to influence religious institutions today, including Jehovah's Witnesses, as is reflected in some of their doctrines such as on disfellowshipping.

Jesus came to make things simple. When he comes again, he's going to clean house of all these false teachings.

2 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

If you understand the philosophy, then it applies to transgressors of god's law through the church. That is simple enough. Just like the Org is entitled to their own bylaws and doctrine to use the bible as its constitution.

Jesus said even a child could understand the truth from God's Word.

The "philosophy" made up by pagan Greeks and cut-n-pasted into where it doesn't belong is a form of transgression that has permeated through the "church" or congregation. The org is "entitled" to do what they want, but since they claim to be in a covenant or special relationship with Jehovah and their actions are now bringing reproach on His Name, they will reap what they are sowing, namely, God's wrath. The Bible guarantees it. Jehovah will allow them to be attacked by the UN when the rest of religion is attacked, but there will be a faithful remnant let remain and then true worship will be refined.

2 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

I see opinions being made by former members without actually showing why the bible should be refuted by them.

Me, too...it's just as it says in 1 John 2:18-22:

"Young children, it is the last hour, and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared, from which fact we know that it is the last hour.  They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But they went out so that it might be shown that not all are of our sort.  And you have an anointing from the holy one, and all of you have knowledge.  I write you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie originates with the truth. Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ?"

Jesus' example is the way to follow. Those men on the GB who claim to be anointed and yet left the way of the Christ are "former members" of the body of the Christ. They have become "anti-Christ" by means of teaching philosophy of men rather than what is written in God's Word and was exemplified by the Christ, Jesus. The GB claims to be "the christ, the chosen one, the faithful slave" and wants people to follow them rather than Christ Jesus.

29 minutes ago, redHarmonioussparrow said:

By making truth clear, whether in word or deed, we commend ourselves both to human conscience in the sight of God and please Him at the same time. We should be childlike and open, leaving as little room as possible for people to misinterpret our motives, misunderstand our actions, or twist our words out of their real meaning.

The GB are in a lot of trouble. When Jesus is enthroned as king in heaven, he will throw them down the same way Jehu threw down Jezebel, because they are doing spiritual fornication and encouraging the people to take part in it in Jehovah's name. They are very, very naughty. Jesus is going make them stop it soon. Praise Jehovah.

1 hour ago, redHarmonioussparrow said:

God’s Law Cannot Be Changed

I think we should take a more moderate view of it. Everything is subject to change. Even for God himself, although it is written that He does not change, we must be less dogmatic about such statements.
Who gave the Law at the time of Moses? YHVH. Who abolished the law in 29 BCE? YHVH. The Law changed because God himself changed in his treatment of man.

Or is it not? The law through Moses is still alive and there are people who obey it. Therefore, the Law remained unchanged. But at the same time it was changed because there are more people who don't follow it. Thus the very purpose of the Law changed, because it became dead. Especially if we look at it theologically as something that was interrupted by the act of Jesus' sacrifice by which it fulfilled, terminated and ceased to exist as an eternal decree for Jewish generations. It seems confusing.

A modern example from WTJWorg that we can use describes this conflict. The law was given in the time of Moses not to eat blood. And people do not eat blood out of respect for that decree. The ordinance continues in the same form in the early days of Christianity....... Then, centuries later, the interpretation arises that the commandment not to eat blood means not to receive a blood transfusion. Has the original Commandment been changed or not? Then we go even further in time where the Bible scholars at WTJWorg add a later explanation about blood transfusions and say that some parts of the blood are forbidden and other parts of the blood are not forbidden to take. Has there been a change in the Law/Regulation/Order? Or do you think it isn't? Do you think it was just a clarification? :))

@Fausto Hoover

Your way of communicating with former members of the JW religion is interesting.
You enter into a dialogue with me, but you consider it unworthy to mention the name of your interlocutor ,but you use his statements, quotes, to be able to discuss.

Or is this way of communication your kind of self-justification for talking to ex-JW while you can technically say that you are not actually talking .... in order to justify yourself in front of other forum members; GB or before God himself who sees from heaven what is truth and what is fantasy. :) 

I will comment your comment on my comment in next comment ....,:))

"Do not touch the stove" is a law I gave my kids when they were little. Just like "don't go in the street". 

Now they are old enough to cook, so I say "be careful, the stove is hot." And I send them to get the mail across the street after reminding them to look both ways first.

The apostles made clear that God's holy spirit says the law of circumcision and the law of animal sacrifice and the law of tithing are done away with, however God's laws banning the use of blood and on forbidding immorality are still in place.

"Is the Law, therefore, against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a law had been given that could give life, righteousness would actually have been by means of law.  But the Scripture handed all things over to the custody of sin, so that the promise resulting from faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those exercising faith. However, before the faith arrived, we were being guarded under law, being handed over into custody, looking to the faith that was about to be revealed.  So the Law became our guardian leading to Christ, so that we might be declared righteous through faith.  But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a guardian." (Galatians 3:21-25)

"For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things:  to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Acts 15:28,29)

And the Kingly Law of Love will never be done away with.💖

"Do not owe anything to anyone except to love one another; for whoever loves his fellow man has fulfilled the law.  For the law code, “You must not commit adultery, you must not murder, you must not steal, you must not covet,” and whatever other commandment there is, is summed up in this saying: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.”  Love does not work evil to one’s neighbor; therefore, love is the law’s fulfillment." (Romans 13:8-10)

"Love never fails." "God is Love."🥰

@Fausto Hoover

Different "products" can bear the stamp, character, idea, personality of the person who disclosed them to others. But also, over time, a person creates new works that have no resemblance to previous works. The OT and NT portray this beautifully.
I looked through some of the presented links with more or less attention. Fortunately, the "secular sources" are first studied by the Bethel committees, who then choose what and how to write in the preparation of "ready-made spiritual food" so that ordinary JW members do not have to bother with links like the ones you have shown. Some JWs might while reading them themselves come to "wrong" conclusions and "fall away" from the faith.

Support for polygamy, slavery, wars, conquest of other people's property in wars, class differences, patriarchy that does not recognize that women are as valuable as men..., are some of the things that began to change with the advent of Christianity. But even today, some topics are still subject to discussion.

Different denominations are faced with the same questions. WTJWorg has found its own interpretation of the Bible and invokes its own autonomy and the right to maintain that religious autonomy as a Corporation. At the same time the Org.  does not allow an individual member of his Church to be like Jesus, who as a Jew realized his own autonomy in the projection and interpretation of the Law. Of course, he paid for it with his own head in the end, but he remained independent and unsubordinate to the Church Clergy of his time.