The World News Media

Christian Denominations Chart - Starting w/ the Commentary on JW's

The Librarian

9 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

I have a car. It's not perfect, but it gets me where I need to go. Even though it's got issues, I don't throw it out, because it's all I've got to go in, unless I want to walk everywhere.

Until we can read Hebrew and Aramaic and Greek and find the original manuscripts (which are no longer in existence) we're going to have to do the best we can with what we've got - imperfectly copied and translated manuscripts and translations. We do have Jehovah's holy spirit to help us apply the Bible counsel; His holy spirit which doesn't corrode or get lost. When we prayerfully follow the Bible direction to the best of our abilities in harmony with holy spirit, we will get through better than if we didn't have Bible principles. 

When Jesus gets here, he will tell us directly what to do. He's not here yet. The Bible is the temporary means to get through this mess of a world. It's the best book we've got to direct us. Some people want to throw it out, but I don't recommend it. I've tried three different ways: (1) No Bible direction (2) Bible direction mixed with poisoned publications (3) Bible direction. It's no contest - hands down in my experience following God's Word is the only way to fly.

I generally agree with your position. The difference between an old car and the Bible is that the condition of the car does not have such a big influence on our decisions, as does a religion that waves the Bible in front of the noses of believers.
Copying the actions and decisions of people from the past does not always end well. On the other hand, the repurposing of their experiences in order to be adapted to the ideology of today's Church Administration and the circumstances of life is also a dangerous precedent.

In general, we all know what is right and what is wrong. How to achieve that the wolf is fed and the donkey alive? For that, you don't need religious leaders who will tell a believer not to vote in state elections, but at the same time the WTJWorg Administration will participate in political conferences to promote religious activity and sue states that restrict WTJWorg "freedom".

• Views 7.1k
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Youtuber has Phd in Theological Studies and offers his personal opinions throughout. I thought it interesting to see how others view us....

It’s been my observation that Audrey has been completely forthright with everybody, every time, however those with extreme agenda driven reading comprehension problems, who don’t actually completely r

Man, if that's persecution then I've got it easy, lol!😂   (I've been through some forms of persecution...I wouldn't call this persecution - it's playtime, kind of like that Whac-A-Mole game

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

In short, showing honor to someone does not result religious worship

How do you show respect to a person who left the Church or was excluded from it?
Is it so that you don't greet her on the street?

Who is the God you worship?
Jesus spoke not only to tax collectors and adulterers but also to religious opponents.
Everyone who talks to me and others like me on this forum is violating religious rules and beliefs if they are JW members. They should also be excommunicated...immediately ..... hahaha

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:
15 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

I have a car. It's not perfect, but it gets me where I need to go. Even though it's got issues, I don't throw it out, because it's all I've got to go in, unless I want to walk everywhere.

Until we can read Hebrew and Aramaic and Greek and find the original manuscripts (which are no longer in existence) we're going to have to do the best we can with what we've got - imperfectly copied and translated manuscripts and translations. We do have Jehovah's holy spirit to help us apply the Bible counsel; His holy spirit which doesn't corrode or get lost. When we prayerfully follow the Bible direction to the best of our abilities in harmony with holy spirit, we will get through better than if we didn't have Bible principles. 

When Jesus gets here, he will tell us directly what to do. He's not here yet. The Bible is the temporary means to get through this mess of a world. It's the best book we've got to direct us. Some people want to throw it out, but I don't recommend it. I've tried three different ways: (1) No Bible direction (2) Bible direction mixed with poisoned publications (3) Bible direction. It's no contest - hands down in my experience following God's Word is the only way to fly.

I generally agree with your position. The difference between an old car and the Bible is that the condition of the car does not have such a big influence on our decisions, as does a religion that waves the Bible in front of the noses of believers.
Copying the actions and decisions of people from the past does not always end well. On the other hand, the repurposing of their experiences in order to be adapted to the ideology of today's Church Administration and the circumstances of life is also a dangerous precedent.

In general, we all know what is right and what is wrong. How to achieve that the wolf is fed and the donkey alive? For that, you don't need religious leaders who will tell a believer not to vote in state elections, but at the same time the WTJWorg Administration will participate in political conferences to promote religious activity and sue states that restrict WTJWorg "freedom".

Lol...well some of the "actions and decisions of people from the past" are recorded in the Bible so that we Don't copy them, so of course those ones wouldn't end well if somebody copied them! That's exactly what we're seeing with the org right now. The ancient nation of Israel wasn't supposed to set up kings over themselves. They had Jehovah. But they rejected Jehovah and wanted kings. It's the same today. The Christian congregation isn't supposed to have kings. But we do. They will be removed, just like the other ones were. Jehovah had them removed. Jehovah hasn't changed.

"I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step." (Jeremiah 10:23)

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

How do you show respect to a person who left the Church or was excluded from it?
Is it so that you don't greet her on the street?

Jesus spoke not only to tax collectors and adulterers but also to religious opponents.
Everyone who talks to me and others like me on this forum is violating religious rules and beliefs if they are JW members. They should also be excommunicated...immediately ..... hahaha

Jehovah knows who His witnesses are - no counsel of man dictates to Jehovah who "is one of Jehovah's witnesses" and "who is no longer one of Jehovah's witnesses." 

"We must obey God as ruler rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts fear out, because fear restrains us. Indeed, the one who is fearful has not been made perfect in love.   We love, because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.  And we have this commandment from him, that whoever loves God must also love his brother." (1 John 4:18-21)

I'm not anybody important, @Srecko Sostar, but I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, even if the org mislabels me a leprous mentally-diseased satanic disfellowshipped apostate worthy of everlasting death. I love you, @Srecko Sostar, and I will talk to you if I meet you on the street or the forum. I spent too much of my life following those dumb religious rules that Jesus hates. I don't want to do that anymore. You are right. The Bible is clear how Jesus treated people. I want to follow Jesus and not a bunch of guys who just make stuff up that ends up hurting people and reproaching Jehovah's name.

Jesus is the one who will set us free. He said:

"The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me,

Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek.  

He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

To proclaim liberty to the captives

And the wide opening of the eyes to the prisoners..."

6 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Jehovah will gather back all His sheep into a clean congregation.

"When Jehovah gathered back the captives of Zion,

We thought we were dreaming.  

At that time our mouth was filled with laughter

And our tongue with a joyful shout.  

At that time they said among the nations:

“Jehovah has done great things for them.”

Jehovah has done great things for us,

And we are overjoyed.  

Do gather back our captives, O Jehovah,

Like streams in the Negʹeb.  

Those sowing seed with tears

Will reap with a joyful shout.  

The one who does go out, though weeping,

Carrying his bag of seed,

Will surely return with a joyful shout,

Carrying in his sheaves."

(Psalm 126)

I know we can't really apologize for others. I make a lot of mistakes that I have to apologize for. Sometimes we don't realize until later all the harm we have done. 

I was a strong supporter of "disfellowshipping" and I hurt a lot of people I love by supporting that doctrine in the past. I cannot undo the pain I caused. I can't go back and fix it - I can only deal in the present and plan for the future - but I know that many people who are practicing this God-dishonoring doctrine today will repent some day and wish they could go back and do it over. They will apologize and say how sorry they are for all the pain they caused and beg for forgiveness and mercy.

We can have that confidence. With eyes of faith, it's almost like if we think about it we can already hear them say...

"I'm sorry." 🥹🥲

I'm sorry, to @Srecko Sostar and @Pudgy and anybody else who has had to suffer rude people and stupid people and cold people because of that dumb disfellowshipping doctrine. I'm sorry you were separated from your family and friends and community in ways that were horrid. I owe you an apology, because I supported that doctrine too, and I would have shunned you just as much as the rest of the org does. I am sorry.

You are beautiful human beings made in God's image, Jehovah's children, with so many gifts and strengths. You are my family, and it was wrong of me or anyone else to shun you. You never should have been treated that way, but you already know that - Jehovah has given you the strength you needed to endure and to be refined and to come out stronger and smarter than before. He will keep rewarding you because He loves you.

Jehovah's chief enemy thought he could break you, but he didn't. Jehovah allowed the trial because He knew you well enough to know that you would have said "Here I am, send me!" if you knew all the details about the trial ahead of time and the outcome, just like Jesus. Jesus knew the details and the outcome and he went through it anyway. You've had the same privilege in a different way. All of Jehovah's children do. May you continue to rejoice in Jehovah's blessings. I love you because Jehovah loves you. He loves you so very much.💖 It's obvious.🥰

"Happy are you who weep now, for you will laugh. Happy are you whenever men hate you, and when they exclude you and reproach you and denounce your name as wicked for the sake of the Son of man.  Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, for look! your reward is great in heaven, for those are the same things their forefathers used to do to the prophets."

(Luke 6:21-23)

"Beloved ones, do not be surprised about the fiery trials that you are experiencing, as though something strange were happening to you.  On the contrary, go on rejoicing over the extent to which you are sharers in the sufferings of the Christ, so that you may rejoice and be overjoyed also during the revelation of his glory.  If you are being reproached for the name of Christ, you are happy, because the spirit of glory, yes, the spirit of God, is resting upon you."

(1 Peter 4:12-14)

Joseph was in the prison hole for a long time. His circumstances changed eventually. Job suffered more than most. Job's circumstances changed in time. Your circumstances are about to change too. Praise Jehovah.☺️🌷

"Look! We consider happy those who have endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome Jehovah gave, that Jehovah is very tender in affection and merciful."

(James 5:11)

42 minutes ago, Fausto Hoover said:

We only need to look at scripture to understand the role of a spiritual leader. Those of us that choose to obey will, and those that choose not to obey won't. Paul was specific about how those that don't should not influence the ones that do.

Jesus is the true Spiritual Leader, the true Shepherd of the sheep. Here is what he said:

"And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd."

(John 10:16)

There will be many out of all denominations and even those who are not religious today who will come to Jesus in the future during the tribulation ahead.

"What do you think? A man had two children. Going up to the first, he said, ‘Child, go work today in the vineyard.’  In answer this one said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward, he felt regret and went out.  Approaching the second, he said the same. This one replied, ‘I will, Sir,’ but did not go out.  Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said: “The first.” Jesus said to them: “Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going ahead of you into the Kingdom of God.  For John came to you in a way of righteousness, but you did not believe him. However, the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him, and even when you saw this, you did not feel regret afterward so as to believe him."

(Matthew 21:28-32)

There are many who do not consider themselves to be part of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization or who are rejected by the Jehovah's Witnesses organization who are actually following Jesus by means of obeying the command to show love. 

There are many who are considered officially part of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization who claim to obey Jesus and yet who disregard the primary command he gave, to love. 

Jesus said "Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going ahead of you into the Kingdom of God." Many of those ones who are despised by the GB and the leaders in the current JW.ORG organization have learned what love is sooner than the GB and the "leaders" did. 

"For the Kingdom of the heavens is like the master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard.  After he had agreed with the workers for a de·narʹi·us a day, he sent them into his vineyard.  Going out also about the third hour, he saw others standing unemployed in the marketplace;  and to those he said, ‘You too go into the vineyard, and I will give you whatever is fair.’  So off they went. Again he went out about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did likewise. Finally, about the 11th hour, he went out and found others standing around, and he said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day unemployed?’ They replied, ‘Because nobody has hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You too go into the vineyard.’ 

“When evening came, the master of the vineyard said to his man in charge, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, starting with the last and ending with the first.’ When the 11th-hour men came, they each received a de·narʹi·us.  So when the first came, they assumed that they would receive more, but they too were paid at the rate of a de·narʹi·us.  On receiving it, they began to complain against the master of the house  and said, ‘These last men put in one hour’s work; still you made them equal to us who bore the burden of the day and the burning heat!’  But he said in reply to one of them, ‘Fellow, I do you no wrong. You agreed with me for a de·narʹi·us, did you not?  Take what is yours and go. I want to give to this last one the same as to you.  Do I not have the right to do what I want with my own things? Or is your eye envious because I am good?’  In this way, the last ones will be first, and the first ones last.”"

(Matthew 20:1-16)

(Better late than never.☺️💖)

"...and cure the sick ones in it and tell them: ‘The Kingdom of God has come near to you.’"

(Luke 10:9)

"Love never fails."

(1 Corinthians 13:8)

30 minutes ago, redHarmonioussparrow said:
  • Jesus did not eat with tax collectors and sinners simply for the sake of physical nourishment. He was teaching them while they ate together. In verse 32 Jesus says that He came to call sinners to repentance. They needed to change their minds and turn back to God.

Jesus ate with them because he loved them first - before they started to love him. Whether or not they turned around, he loved them, because he is like his Father, Our Father Jehovah. That's why Jesus came here, because he loves us just like Jehovah loves us. If we respond to that love, great. If we don't, it doesn't change his love. He loved us first.

"When the attendant of the man of the true God rose early and went outside, he saw that an army with horses and war chariots was surrounding the city. At once the attendant said to him: “Alas, my master! What are we to do?”...But he said: “You must not strike them down. Do you strike down those whom you have taken captive with your sword and with your bow? Give them bread and water so they may eat and drink and return to their lord.”  So he spread a great feast for them, and they ate and drank, after which he sent them away to return to their lord."

(2 Kings 6:15,22,23)

"For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing?  And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?  You must accordingly be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

(Matthew 5:46-48)

"We love, because he first loved us."

(1 John 4:19)

"I fed you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet strong enough. In fact, neither are you strong enough now,  for you are still fleshly."

(1 Corinthians 3:2,3)

"Look! The farmer keeps waiting for the precious fruit of the earth, exercising patience over it until the early rain and the late rain arrive."

(James 5:7)

You are the precious fruit of the earth. Jehovah is waiting patiently to reward you. He loves you. He is waiting for you.

I agree with the general idea of disfellowshipping …. beats being burned at the stake … but the whole of Matthew Chapter 18 tells how to do it.

It’s not Rocket Science.

It’s a cookbook operation with clear, simple, and specific instructions written down in the Bible. 

Very simple, unambiguous, easy to follow instructions. directly from the “Master Chef”.

Are we doing disfellowshipping as SPECIFIED IN DETAIL in Matthew 18?

NO

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

It’s as simple as that.

HOW to handle these things is so important that the founding fathers of the United States of America drew from Matthew 18 to put in the U.S. Constitution as an inalienable human right, protected by law the right someone had to face his accuser, face to face … drawn from Matthew 18:15.

You will know the True Religion of Almighty God, because it is Just, makes good common sense, and does not offend the natural conscience of righteously inclined people.

It’s not Rocket Science.

25 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

I agree with the general idea of disfellowshipping …. beats being burned at the stake … but the whole of Matthew Chapter 18 tells how to do it.

It’s not Rocket Science.

It’s a cookbook operation with clear, simple, and specific instructions written down in the Bible. 

Very simple, unambiguous, easy to follow instructions. directly from the “Master Chef”.

Are we doing disfellowshipping as SPECIFIED IN DETAIL in Matthew 18?

NO

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

It’s as simple as that.

HOW to handle these things is so important that the founding fathers of the United States of America drew from Matthew 18 to put in the U.S. Constitution as an inalienable human right, protected by law the right someone had to face his accuser, face to face … drawn from Matthew 18:15.

You will know the True Religion of Almighty God, because it is Just, makes good common sense, and does not offend the natural conscience of righteously inclined people.

It’s not Rocket Science.

The reason people “twist scripture”, as Fausto pointed out is AWAYS to consolidate power over other people, almost always to get their money.

The easiest way to do this to make people afraid to talk to each other.

The easiest way to do that, is to threaten families as well as the “miscreant”.