The World News Media

Christian Denominations Chart - Starting w/ the Commentary on JW's

The Librarian

No … each person has different motivations, which sans telepathy, or you ask them … you will never know.

Besides … it’s impossible to “persecute” someone who has more power than you do.

A stereotypical example is the Polish Resistance did not persecute the Nazi invaders ….. the Nazi invaders DID persecute the Polish people.

To react to an oppressor is not persecution of the oppressor.

It’s self defense.

• Views 7.1k
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Youtuber has Phd in Theological Studies and offers his personal opinions throughout. I thought it interesting to see how others view us....

It’s been my observation that Audrey has been completely forthright with everybody, every time, however those with extreme agenda driven reading comprehension problems, who don’t actually completely r

Man, if that's persecution then I've got it easy, lol!😂   (I've been through some forms of persecution...I wouldn't call this persecution - it's playtime, kind of like that Whac-A-Mole game

Posted Images

Your logic is flawed. 

Here, you are equals.

Plus, you claim by intimation to be an Elder having authority and power.

It is my considered opinion, based on a long chain of evidence, that you are a bully, and a natural persecutor, and that you are trying your best to denigrate anyone you can.

Your spasm agenda driven downvoting proves that.

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

No … each person has different motivations, which sans telepathy, or you ask them … you will never know.

Besides … it’s impossible to “persecute” someone who has more power than you do.

A stereotypical example is the Polish Resistance did not persecute the Nazi invaders ….. the Nazi invaders DID persecute the Polish people.

To react to an oppressor is not persecution of the oppressor.

It’s self defense.

@AudreyAnnaNana I mean, highlighted words is one thing to convey what you assume, but reading what the article(s) says for context is ANOTHER thing. For instance, even if you factor out faiths today, Jehovah God did have people, even a mediator that cares for the others in a spiritual sense, even provide if need be. Anyone of that level do not consider themselves as a God above or equal to Jehovah himself, likewise with the early Christians who provided for the Congregation, namely Paul, who would never ponder on something like that, so much so said the same thing concerning Jesus in comparison to God. Christians do however honor people taking the lead, as seen by early Christians and present day, but never do they religiously worship someone.

This is why it is important to read for context, read what is said and the verses used instead of adding what you assume. I can read an article about talking animals in the modern day, but the context of the article doesn't even suggest literal talking. And speaking on this, even my professors have stated that there are some people who only read titles or look for keywords to make an assumption on something without knowing what a story or an article is about.

Just be careful next time.

17 minutes ago, Equivocation said:

@AudreyAnnaNana I mean, highlighted words is one thing to convey what you assume, but reading what the article(s) says for context is ANOTHER thing. For instance, even if you factor out faiths today, Jehovah God did have people, even a mediator that cares for the others in a spiritual sense, even provide if need be. Anyone of that level do not consider themselves as a God above or equal to Jehovah himself, likewise with the early Christians who provided for the Congregation, namely Paul, who would never ponder on something like that, so much so said the same thing concerning Jesus in comparison to God. Christians do however honor people taking the lead, as seen by early Christians and present day, but never do they religiously worship someone.

This is why it is important to read for context, read what is said and the verses used instead of adding what you assume. I can read an article about talking animals in the modern day, but the context of the article doesn't even suggest literal talking. And speaking on this, even my professors have stated that there are some people who only read titles or look for keywords to make an assumption on something without knowing what a story or an article is about.

Just be careful next time.

Hi, @Equivocation ! Do you mean the screenshots from the part of the discussion about worship, where we were talking about how the GB/FDS is worshipped in organization? I think that's what you're referring to...

If so, it is extremely likely that I have read all the highlighted publications in those screenshots from 2002 to the present (I started studying with Jehovah's Witnesses in 2001 and was baptized in 2002 and always religiously read everything that was published as it came out.) And I've gone back and read a lot of the older publications from prior to that time, but I can't say I've read every single article there (each of the screenshots have a handful of citations because they came up in that order in the jw search - it is up to the person looking at the screenshot to tell which articles apply to the conversation, most of them did).

I don't have to read them all to know the GB/elders are worshipped as gods. I already know the GB/elders are worshipped as idols or gods. I know what those articles are about because of the pattern of deception that is woven into them, where they are leading the flock. I wasn't making an assumption. I know from experience how those publications indoctrinate people to worship men ahead of God.

As far as "just be careful next time" you don't have to worry about me worshipfully bowing down to those men again (although I do appreciate your concern) - I am strongly determined to never ever make the mistake again of putting worship of men ahead of worship of God.☺️

Just now, AudreyAnnaNana said:

Hi, @Equivocation ! Do you mean the screenshots from the part of the discussion about worship, where we were talking about how the GB/FDS is worshipped in organization? I think that's what you're referring to...

If so, it is extremely likely that I have read all the highlighted publications in those screenshots from 2002 to the present (I started studying with Jehovah's Witnesses in 2001 and was baptized in 2002 and always religiously read everything that was published as it came out.) And I've gone back and read a lot of the older publications from prior to that time, but I can't say I've read every single article there. I know the GB/elders are worshipped as idols or gods. I know what those articles are about, where they are leading the flock. I wasn't making an assumption. I know from experience how those publications indoctrinate people to worship men rather than God.

As far as "just be careful next time" you don't have to worry about me - I am strongly determined to never ever make the mistake again of putting worship of men ahead of worship of God.☺️

So why the assumption vs the article? 🤔.

This isn't the first time someone brought this up, I remember this being done in the past on here.

5 minutes ago, Equivocation said:

So why the assumption vs the article? 🤔.

This isn't the first time someone brought this up, I remember this being done in the past on here.

I am not sure what you are referring to - do you mind clarifying what you mean? I apologize for not really knowing what you are getting at.🙂

@Space Merchant I don't know if she answered it but it is obvious why many faiths even us JWs exist and why only a few actually try to figure out what is true or not. We believe we have the truth in what you state as core teachings. For example, the biggest one being why we do not follow the Trinity, as well as not follow Binitarianism. Jesus made it clear, as his followers, that he is the som of the Living God. Paul was right on where Christianity was going and we see that in history, eventually leading up to other faiths rising up knowing some crumb of truth. A lot of people like to bash Bible Students not realizing that in that era they, among many, were still learning about the Bible and prophecy, so when a mistake is made, more study is done. Even Christians around that time were very very eager of the second coming of Christ so can't really blame them from learning and applying afterwards.

Today, more and more people are learning what is the truth about God, so that is definitely a good thing. This goes hand in hand with some traditions, now abandon by some people when they realize the history.

When we Jehovah’s Witnesses go out and preach there are legitimately a lot of people who wants to hear about what the Bible teaches or even expand on what they want to know.