The Librarian

• Views 6.8k
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Youtuber has Phd in Theological Studies and offers his personal opinions throughout. I thought it interesting to see how others view us....

It’s been my observation that Audrey has been completely forthright with everybody, every time, however those with extreme agenda driven reading comprehension problems, who don’t actually completely r

Man, if that's persecution then I've got it easy, lol!😂   (I've been through some forms of persecution...I wouldn't call this persecution - it's playtime, kind of like that Whac-A-Mole game

Posted Images

7 hours ago, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:

he was permitted to have an understanding

The answer should be given, who forbade him to have "understanding" from birth to about eighteen/twenty years of his life? Then, who gave him permission to have "understanding" from that moment on? Finally, is his understanding completely correct and accurate?

It helps if you know the person creating these useful charts. I am familiar with Matt Baker. He is an education professor with no religious study background that now resides in Vancouver.

He was a Texas Tech Professor  for a while.

Do you think Matt has accurate and correct knowledge of religious movements?

His thesis was on critical thinking. How does this chart maker concur with his thesis if in his own words in the video indicate “I will argue it includes Jehovah Witnesses” comment?

I don’t see that as critical thinking.

He has authored a few books. Some of his latest works are © Copyright Matthew Baker: Next level landlord-Join the top 5% and develop HMO’s and co-living spaces where tenants stay and pay. How the countryside made me.

9 hours ago, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:

Sir, perhaps you should start a new topic if you want to make your point a debate. This topic is about someone's perception of religion through history.

The perception of the author of the video is that the JW religion originated from the Adventist movement. JWs consider Adventism to be a "false religion." But that is just the perception of JW members.

The author of the video, if I listened correctly, does not claim which religion is false and which is true. You Sir set your perception that Russell was under the influence of a "false religion" until YHVH "enlightened" his mind to found a new religion which has since become "the only true one", according to the perception of JW members of course.

The comment you made includes your perception. You answered my questions according to your perception, too. Why should I open a new topic?

Another comment about "forbidding" and "allowing" Russell to see the truth. JWs have a doctrine where they claim that YHVH "allows" all evil to happen. According to this thesis, it was God, not "false religion", that made it possible for Russell not to see "the truth". In his spiritual darkness, Russell rebelled against the established religious system. But this does not mean that all the roots of "false religion" have been cut off.
By the same or a similar method, Rutherford made changes after Russell, but just like his predecessor he created new "false truths". How would Rutherford's successors be different?

The thesis that YHVH allows darkness, even over WTJWorg, is still valid, right?

17 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Russell rebelled against the established religious system. But this does not mean that all the roots of "false religion" have been cut off.
By the same or a similar method, Rutherford made changes after Russell, but just like his predecessor he created new "false truths". How would Rutherford's successors be different?

The thesis that YHVH allows darkness, even over WTJWorg, is still valid, right?

Jesus has his work cut out for him when he gets here! 🙂 There are a lot of "false truths" and more "roots of false religion" all over the place in the organization! Just like there are truths to be found outside the organization. Lots of cleaning and gathering for Jesus to do. Thank God he's qualified.☺️

19 hours ago, MankeptforRacialsecretratters said:

Once again. If you wish to debate your understanding of a false application of a chart, why not start a new topic? Then we can debate your opinion. This was just a mere illustration of the librarian showing another perceptive.

Granted you are new here, this is the norm for this specific Cedars acolyte. All and all, I pointed this out in the past here, for all the denominations in the Abrahamic  faith didn't just spawn for no reason, for there were differences the closer some got to what is core and what is true (i.e. practices, customs and or information concerning soul, hellfire, tartarus, etc.), and in doing so, learning as they go, successfully and or in attempt to stick with core teachings in different eras.

The core of it all, from what I had seen, debated and dealt with, is the Trinity Doctrine itself, this is something of which Christian minorities are often at odds with Mainstream Christendom, it is also the very reason why JWs along with others who do not dwell in debate are often targeted for, when a debate actually does take place (G. Sandford vs J. White), let's just say the Triune idea becomes confusing for those that believe it.

One thing I do admire is throughout history of Christendom is that throughout the centuries, you can see the echo of that you have the difference within the faith come to light, thus sparking the whole Non-Trinitarian vs Trinitarian battle up to present day.

41 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

One thing I do admire is throughout history of Christendom is that throughout the centuries, you can see the echo of that you have the difference within the faith come to light, thus sparking the whole Non-Trinitarian vs Trinitarian battle up to present day.

IMG_7139.webp

IMG_7140.jpeg

IMG_7142.jpeg

Not all blind ones have come close to "the elephant in the room", but some of them have. Sometimes it's just a slightly different perspective of the same thing.

At the end of the day, when the blindfolds are removed, they'll all see "the elephant in the room" for what it really is.

IMG_7141.png

"Who is blind except my servant

So deaf as the messenger I send?  

Who is so blind as the one rewarded

So blind as the servant of Jehovah?"

(Isaiah 42:19)

"And he took the blind man by the hand...he laid his hands on him and asked him: “Do you see anything?”  The man looked up and said: “I see people, but they look like trees walking about.”  Again he laid his hands on the man’s eyes, and the man saw clearly. His sight was restored, and he could see everything distinctly."

(Mark 8:23-25)

"Jehovah will go out like a mighty man

He will awaken his zeal like a warrior. 

He will shout, yes, he will let out a war cry; 

He will show himself mightier than his enemies.  

“I have kept quiet for a long time. 

I remained silent and restrained myself. 

Like a woman giving birth, I will groan, pant, and gasp all at once.  

I will devastate mountains and hills 

And dry up all their vegetation.  

I will turn rivers into islands 

And dry up reedy pools of water.  

I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know 

And cause them to tread on unfamiliar paths.  

I will turn the darkness before them into light 

And turn the rugged terrain into level land.  

This is what I will do for them, and I will not abandon them.”"

(Isaiah 32:13-16)

IMG_7143.jpeg

IMG_7144.jpeg

IMG_7145.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

@AudreyAnnaNana Speaking of Elephants, have you ever questioned why Jehovah's Witnesses, Bible Students and or other Minorites in this paradigm of faith and religion that exist today, let alone why is it that Babylon is targeting all minorities, mainly if being it's focus since the day the Great Awakening took place?

I really don't know much about elephants, @Space Merchant, so I couldn't say, but I have read up a little about lambs...

"The wolf and the lamb will feed together, The lion will eat straw just like the bull, And the serpent’s food will be dust.  They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain,” says Jehovah."

(Isaiah 65:25)

"The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and he said: “See, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"

(John 1:29)

"...keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes."

(Revelation 14:4)

IMG_0235.jpeg

IMG_0001.jpeg

IMG_5932.jpeg

IMG_3920.jpeg

IMG_3900.jpeg

1 hour ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

"Who is blind except my servant

So deaf as the messenger I send?  

Who is so blind as the one rewarded

So blind as the servant of Jehovah?"

(Isaiah 42:19)

That Jewish God is unusual and unpredictable at times. :) ..., Jewish people too.

1 hour ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

"And he took the blind man by the hand...he laid his hands on him and asked him: “Do you see anything?”  The man looked up and said: “I see people, but they look like trees walking about.”  Again he laid his hands on the man’s eyes, and the man saw clearly. His sight was restored, and he could see everything distinctly."

(Mark 8:23-25)

It is not always possible to find the right diopter on the first try. :) 

IMG_7993.png

Elephant tusk

IMG_7994.jpeg

Elephant skin

IMG_7995.jpeg

Elephant hair

IMG_7996.jpeg

Elephant mama

(It's just the perspective.)

59 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

It is not always possible to find the right diopter on the first try. :) 

Amen! ☺️ What seems to be unusual and unpredictable may actually be something familiar and constant, when viewed in context with the right diopter.

Jehovah was dealing with a stubborn, physical-minded people. They lived around people who sacrificed children and had multiple immoral relations and slaves. Jehovah permitted them to have animal sacrifices for awhile, but that changed when Jesus came. Jehovah permitted them to have slaves with regulations, but that began to change when Jesus came. Jehovah permitted them to have multiple wives, but that changed when Jesus came.

The people were warlike. (Think of what Simeon and Levi did in Shechem.) They lived among nations who were bloodthirsty. Jehovah regulated their warfare so it wouldn't be worse, but that changed when Jesus came. 

Jehovah hasn't changed. Jehovah is reasonable, and He knows how stubborn people are. He doesn't expect more than they can give. He is patient. He has been so patient.

The Bible record of the Old Testament records many things that people did. Just because Jehovah had it recorded doesn't mean He approved of some of the things the people did. Just because He regulated it doesn't mean it was the ideal way He wanted things to be. 

Some things that appear "harsh" at first glance are better understood with more details. 🙂

Jesus said if we don't understand at first, to keep asking for details, and we will get them.

59 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

That Jewish God is unusual and unpredictable at times. :) ..., Jewish people too.

I have heard people say that too. Why do you think some people say "that Jewish God is unusual and unpredictable"? What specific situations in the Old Testament do you think most people misunderstand, @Srecko Sostar ?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.