The World News Media

I hope the disfellowshipped ones do not attend the Memorial

Jack Ryan

5 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

Unfortunately, I would dare say, about 3/4 of witnesses today, believe the GB is made out of stone, with no feelings other than, to somehow, achieve personal gain. I personally wouldn't consider anyone with that attitude my spiritual brother, and according to scripture, no one else should!

You only consider 25% of Witnesses today to be your spiritual brothers? A bit harsh, no?

• Views 3.3k
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, we want the opposite. A letter was sent out to the BOE's almost two months ago. The elders were instructed to contact all Da's Df'ed and Faders to invite them to Memorial and also leave with

Fact is active jehovahs witnesses love seeing disfellowshipped ones. They love looking down on them from a high seat of judgement and prejudice. Regarding another human as "lesser than" is how afraid

This interesting comment indicates that the person who is doing the shunning also feels uncomfortable doing it. Many of us know how psychologically damaging it is for the 'shunnee,' but I think we for

6 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

POPE and its understanding of the word "infallible".

Pope John XXIII once remarked: "I am only infallible if I speak infallibly but I shall never do that, so I am not infallible."[23]

Something close to that was famous G. Jackson words before ARC. Paraphrased: "All JW have own Bibles. If we, GB, said something unbiblical, all JW will see we said wrong, and not obligated to obey that."

IN THEORY!! :)))) Or even not in theory, because 3/4 JW members, to use your ratio, will/ are consider such thoughts as SIN. :) 

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:
9 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

Unfortunately, I would dare say, about 3/4 of witnesses today, believe the GB is made out of stone, with no feelings other than, to somehow, achieve personal gain. I personally wouldn't consider anyone with that attitude my spiritual brother, and according to scripture, no one else should!

You only consider 25% of Witnesses today to be your spiritual brothers? A bit harsh, no?

...........................................................................................

I think this is the very first time I have completely agreed with Allen Smith ... and it really confused me.  Not his statement ... that was clear enough.

I am a big fan of discarding "feel good" theory when it is contraindicated by hard evidence ... and in this case apparently the 3/4 of the Witnesses he mentions have the same perception.

THAT's the part I agreed with.

... If it walks like, a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck ... self aggrandizing protestations to the contrary are painfully transparent ... end extremely cringeworthy.

When the videos say " ... and the Governing Body loves you ..." it totally creeps me out.

They will, regardless of what you think. Any excommunicated member of any church can come back if they want to, despite some members of the church ignoring them depending on if they apply scripture or not or just ignore what it says in Corinthians.

Despite this, members of a church can still participate in memorial and or communion. An example I can bring up is that a family can still bring in their excommunicated relative,and they are still allow to participate, no one is stopping them. But of course an unrepentant person who has been excommunicated that only comes in to disrupt, cause a scene, still mocking God and or his Son, obviously such person will be dealt with by being kicked out or result in the police coming in to apprehend them.

Some churches will not allow you to even enter and or participate, depending on if you truly repentant, how great your sin was, and the like.

In this case, if someone has been kicked out of a church via excommunication, since disfellowshipping is pretty much the same thing, said persons, if they are causing any trouble or on a path of actual repentance, can take part in the Communion Passover.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.