Jack Ryan

• Views 1.8k
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely. Calling the cops and waiting ten minutes isn't going to get Little Johnny back alive.

A " helicopter parent" is a parent who hovers over his or her children, ever watchful, ever close-by ... ready to guide and direct the children wherever and whenever needed, but at a manageable distan

Facebook.mp4

9 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Several times in my life I have had stupid people ask me why I was such a "helicopter parent", and was always armed to enforce it.

This is why.

What is a 'helicopter parent' please ? and do you really carry a loaded gun around ? Please be honest as i will believe your answers. 

12 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Several times in my life I have had stupid people ask me why I was such a "helicopter parent", and was always armed to enforce it.

This is why.

Absolutely. Calling the cops and waiting ten minutes isn't going to get Little Johnny back alive.

Guest Don't Worry, I'm from the Internet

We should also be teaching kids about Stranger Danger. Not Teaching them will only allow Kidnappers an edge in kidnapping kids.

A " helicopter parent" is a parent who hovers over his or her children, ever watchful, ever close-by ... ready to guide and direct the children wherever and whenever needed, but at a manageable distance, and close enough to provide real, not imagined protection and security.

Like admin says... it may take ten minutes for police to respond, whereas I have the capability to make bad guys behave themselves (probably) faster than the speed of sound ....about 1100 feet per second.

I have been armed every day of my life, for the past  half-century or so, and have avoided at least three "incidents" just by being obviously armed ( I had to pull my gun, which is otherwise always concealed.

That gun I posted the picture of on another thread is small and light, and has a one-watt green laser on the top, ( my own modification so it works in bright sunlight ...) and still fits in my front right pocket.

I do not expect to get into gun battles ... merely restrain or stop the stupid and undisciplined.  I am never without it, except in courthouses, where it is not allowed ... and airports, and in the bath ... where it is on the adjacent toilet seat, under a towel.

If I expect a sustained fight, I "dress heavier", and differently.

6 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

What is a 'helicopter parent' please ? and do you really carry a loaded gun around ? Please be honest as i will believe your answers. 

Carrying an unloaded gun around is a good way to get killed .... like trying to outrun an avalanche in a snowmobile with no gas.

OF COURSE IT'S LOADED!

There are people that are sheep, and there are people that are Sheepdogs, like myself ... who have fangs and consider it my genetic duty to protect the innocent (myself included).

An incompetent defense is no defense at all .... and that's why they get eaten by wolves, and  eventually .... the sheep get sheared,  eaten by their Shepherds.

Think of me as a "helicopter gunship" Sheepdog parent.

Once you get that image in your mind ... you may need several beers.

@James Thomas Rook Jr. Thank you for a clear honest answer. I'm a bit in shock actually. 

Here in the UK most of us, well i think it's most of us, don't own guns.  As for me I know I'm not mature enough to own one. With my mood swings / depression / anger it would not be sensible for me to be in possession of a loaded gun. 

I love your expression :- 

Think of me as a "helicopter gunship" Sheepdog parent. 

Sort of funny but very serious too. Stay safe and have peace. 

19 hours ago, Guest Don't Worry, I'm from the Internet said:

We should also be teaching kids about Stranger Danger. Not Teaching them will only allow Kidnappers an edge in kidnapping kids.

100% agreed. Teaching young ones about Strangers is the best thing someone should do.

Kidnappers tend to go for young girls, and kidnappers tend to have several motives.

This is why I am happy, those who have been educating on this, those who teach others on this matter, even young children to teach and speak their story, these ones are the ones who have this wisdom and their solution is to educate and teach.

We must teach our children, we are obligated to do so.