JOHN BUTLER

• Views 190
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So many people in Africa live on less than 1 dollar a day..... so be thankful for what you have...... I was fortunate enough to be able to pay for my daughter's cancer operation which lasted the whole

True, but God's approval ... AND being able to pay $195,000 for  a coronary bypass, entirely without blood, saved my life.

If I had to do one, but not both ... which would have kept me alive?

In this case, both did, as I avoided "Manny the Used Car Bone Saw Surgeon", by insisting on NO BLOOD or blood fractions, and had to transfer to another hospital with more skilled surgeons.

Abraham had both God's approval, and was immensely wealthy.

So was King David.

Having Gods approval means you may (may!) not starve.

Having God's approval, and money means you eat three times a day ... and well!

There is no shame to be in poverty ... but it has absolutely NOTHING to recommend itself.

13 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

True, but God's approval ... AND being able to pay $195,000 for  a coronary bypass, entirely without blood, saved my life.

If I had to do one, but not both ... which would have kept me alive?

In this case, both did, as I avoided "Manny the Used Car Bone Saw Surgeon", by insisting on NO BLOOD or blood fractions, and had to transfer to another hospital with more skilled surgeons.

Abraham had both God's approval, and was immensely wealthy.

So was King David.

Having Gods approval means you may (may!) not starve.

Having God's approval, and money means you eat three times a day ... and well!

There is no shame to be in poverty ... but it has absolutely NOTHING to recommend itself.

In my opinion surgeons / hospitals do not save lives,  they merely prolong them a bit.

Only God's love and Holy Spirit, through Jesus Christ, can save lives.

I would willingly die today (painlessly of course) as I fully believe in the resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous. Knowing I'm of the latter I hope on God's mercy and wish for life in the 'New world'.

But Sir, i love your humour and sense of reasoning. 

So many people in Africa live on less than 1 dollar a day..... so be thankful for what you have...... I was fortunate enough to be able to pay for my daughter's cancer operation which lasted the whole day.  It was also without blood - 40 years ago.  The fact that she did not take blood - this saved her life.  I thank Jehovah for having that knowledge to guide me in the right direction.  She would have died from anaphylactic shock - something I did not know about at the time.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.