Jack Ryan

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.diarioconcepcion.cl/ciudad/2018/09/13/no-izar-bandera-nacional-puede-ocasionar-multas-de-hasta-240-mil.html Possibly related:  

@Srecko Sostar Truly, truly I saith unto thee, he does not knoweth how things work. No it is not a double standard, this is why I posted that link so you can understand how things roll in said country

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Jack Ryan said:

Has it not occurred to anyone that maybe this KH, with a porta potty outside, might be rented, and the building is owned by a non JW who put the flag up? I mean if someone would take pics of the stage at our assembly here in town, they would see the American flag right above it. Well we didn't put it there...

https://www.diarioconcepcion.cl/ciudad/2018/09/13/no-izar-bandera-nacional-puede-ocasionar-multas-de-hasta-240-mil.html

Possibly related:

Failure to raise national flag could result in fines amount up to 240,000 in pesos and possible charges apply not only to Chileans but also to resident foreigners.

The arrival of the Fiestas Patrias (National Festivities), fills us with pride, bringing out the best of the national identity, it is not to arrive and place in front of our homes the Chilean flag, because doing it wrong could cause fines ranging from 1 to 5 UTM from 47,920 to 239,600.

These charges, which will be supervised by the Carabineros de Chile and determined by the Local Police Judge, according to the seriousness of the act, can only be challenged when the infractions committed are exempted by the judge in charge, if the latter deems it convenient and it is confirmed that all the requirements of the hoisting are met.

In this regard, the coordinator of the Center for Citizen Education of the Faculty of Law and Government of San Sebastian University, Alejandro Gomez, explained that "hoisting or placing the national flag is an obligation for all inhabitants of the Republic, as established by Article 14 of the Civil Code, which also includes foreigners.

About the Decree

This mandatory process extends from 1967, through Supreme Decree No. 1,534 of the Ministry of Interior that regulated the use of national emblems, in particular, it is mandatory hoisting on certain dates, punctually, May 21, and September 18 and 19 of each year, being prohibited the rest of the year.

The above, as explained by attorney Alejandro Gomez was amended in 2011 with the implementation of Law 20.537 which details the use and hoisting of the national flag, "changes the rules and this makes it possible to raise the national flag without prior authorization the rest of the year, but ensuring respect for it," he argued.

But how to hoist and place the flag?

This is something not everyone knows, well, according to Law 20.537, there are three ways to place the flag, the first is that it must be at the top of a white mast, with the star located at the top left.

The second explains that when there is no mast and it is placed vertically, the emblem must position the star to the left of the observer.

And the third, explains the Law, that when it is positioned horizontally, it must have the star at the upper left of the observer.

In the case of the departments, these are exempt from the regulations, since it is not necessary for each department to install a flag, it is enough for the building -as a whole- to do so.

It is important to know that the law does not consider exceptions, therefore, if the house is without dwellers during the days of Fiestas Patrias, for trips outside the zone, the flag of Chile must be installed in the front of the home, in the same way.

The provisions detailed in the law, according to Communist Party councilman Álex Iturra, go "against the freedom of thought of citizens. In his opinion, Chileans are making their homeland every day when they wake up at dawn.

"I am against forcing people to carry out this type of act, since placing or not placing the flag is a nonsense, since respect for national identity is not only done by hoisting the national symbol on these dates, because true respect for Chile is done by improving the conditions of the workers, as well as the social conditions of each of the Chileans, therefore incorporating fines is an act that goes against not only the pocketbook but also the individual freedom of each one of us," he said.

Words that are supported by the regional advisor of the Bío Bío by the Equality Party, Javier Sandoval, who commented that "I categorically reject this authoritarian measure of exacerbating artificial symbolism, since it is a loss of human resources and unjustified that intervened in the individual liberties of human beings," he said.

Finally, on the data of fines in previous years, the prefect of Concepción, commander Benjamin Piva, commented that the faults have been low in previous years, since considering the contingency of accidents and murders in Fiestas Patrias, possible infractions for not raising the national symbol are monitored in a lesser way.

"All infractions that have to do with the Local Police Court, have to do with the operational capacity that we have those days (Fiestas Patrias) to be able to inspect. Between seeing a crime, such as domestic violence or another that attempts against people, staff must prioritize against a fault, such as not hoisting the flag on certain dates," he said.

You will be fined 240,000 pesos (about 352 US dollars) if you don't put the Chilean flag in a visible place. || Independence Day - https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/9h4zzx/you_will_be_fined_240000_pesos_about_352_us/

WT decided not to pay cca $ 352 but asking from members not to stand up while national anthem is playing. Double standards?

chilean flag.jpg