The World News Media

Attorneys filing lawsuits in King's County Supreme Court against eight members of the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses for alleged child sexual abuse claims.

Jack Ryan

1 hour ago, Witness said:

It is prophesied that the anointed at the time of the end - who have no say in the organization, and  no ability to offer "spiritual sacrifices" as a priesthood - allow themselves to be “trampled” by these lies, coming out of the organization’s “mouth”, and the mouth of its directors. 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1-3,7; 13:1,2,5-7,11,14-17

Awake, awake, Zion,
    clothe yourself with strength!
Put on your garments of splendor,
    Jerusalem, the holy city.
The uncircumcised and defiled
    will not enter you again. (Mark 13:14; Rev 22:15;21:27)

Shake off your dust;
    rise up, sit enthroned, Jerusalem.
Free yourself from the chains on your neck,
    Daughter Zion, now a captive. Isa 52:1,2

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.  Col 2:8

If anyone is to be taken captive, into captivity he goes. If anyone is to be killed with a sword, with a sword he will be killed. This calls for endurance and faithfulness from the saints.  Rev 13:10

Praise be to the Lord,
    for he has heard my cry for mercy.

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.  Ps 28:6,7

He gives strength to the faint and strengthens the powerless.  Isa 40:29

The woman fled into the wilderness, where she had a place prepared by God, to be nourished there for 1,260 days.  Rev 12:6

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boys scouts may close..... and many other sports institutions may close. .....etcetc but I have a nasty suspicion that only religion will be held accountable. Why?  I see that Jeffrey Epstein and

@BillyTheKid46 quotes: "The Watchtower doesn’t directly claim clergy privilege, it’s automatically given by each State that has it in their legal binding. (I.e. laws)" "Then, perhaps the abo

I agree, and that is a problem many conveniently forget about. Just recently the Child Victims Act has extended the statute of limitations. And legislation is working on making priests mandated report

Posted Images

On 9/1/2019 at 7:06 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

Hierarchical structure (similar to Catholic Church) n

The hierarchical structure of the  Catholic church comes directly from the structure of pagan religions. The Pope is a title which comes from "pontifus maximus" a title of the ceasar.  I do not know of any JW elder which is called a 'cardinal' or a 'father' - titles which are against the bible. 

The bible instructs the one working as a circuit overseer to appoint elders and gives the qualifications needed to become ministerial servant or elder. Titus and Timothy both served in this kind of capacity - visiting congregations and strengthening them and appointing the elders.

6 hours ago, Arauna said:

The hierarchical structure of the  Catholic church comes directly from the structure of pagan religions. The Pope is a title which comes from "pontifus maximus" a title of the ceasar.  I do not know of any JW elder which is called a 'cardinal' or a 'father' - titles which are against the bible. 

The bible instructs the one working as a circuit overseer to appoint elders and gives the qualifications needed to become ministerial servant or elder. Titus and Timothy both served in this kind of capacity - visiting congregations and strengthening them and appointing the elders.

Since the visible agency that would be used by Christ is the faithful and discreet slave (and the facts of modern-day history already considered show that this “slave” employs the Watch Tower Society as a legal instrument), The Watchtower explained that theocratic procedure would require that appointments of service be made through this agency. Even as the congregations in the first century recognized the governing body in Jerusalem, so today the congregations would not prosper spiritually without central supervision.—Acts 15:2-30; 16:4, 5. - Jehovah’s Witnesses—Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom p. 219

19 These older men meet the requirements that are set out in God’s Word, which is a product of God’s spirit. (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9) Hence, their appointment can be said to be by holy spirit. (Acts 20:28   W 02/8/1 p. 13,14

We are free to make reasonable conclusion how human factor stay behind "hierarchical structure" inside JW Organization, and how Men who have influence making important decisions for Elders structure or Doctrinal Issues. Holy spirit, who supposedly work for WT Society and JWorg, is just sort of fictional idea, hope how things should be and personal trust in possibility. Names/Titles for Clergy Class in Catholic church or in JWorg and differences in wording is of less importance if System is almost the same or similar, and that is: Men appointing men.   

orgchart.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.