The World News Media

My letter today to the WT about God's love

Kosonen

I thought the Insight book description was very good and proper.  It puts humans in their proper place. Whom ever wrote that did well I think, and i think God would be pleased with the way it was written.

The praise and authority and respect was given fully to God, although I'm not sure the name of God is correct.

I did note that higher up on the page it says, that Hebrew scholars are more inclined to the name Yahweh, which i agree with. 

However the Model Prayer says 'Let you name be sanctified'  It does not say 'Sanctify your own name'. 

As God's 'name' is already holy in heaven, then it seems more to be asking that humans can do their part in making God's name holy here on earth. 

• Views 889
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@TrueTomHarley If they love God and want to grow in their love to God then all those scriptures I copied from the NWT would be like music to their ears.

Yes, of course. What is it with people? You have to craft your letter. It may be that they get hundreds of these per day. Does he really think they are patiently going to plow through a letter fr

Who else would they be full of?

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

I thought the Insight book description was very good and proper.  It puts humans in their proper place. Whom ever wrote that did well I think, and i think God would be pleased with the way it was written.

Ok, you say that. Did you notice in the Insight article the statement?:

59 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

The sanctification of Jehovah God’s name rightly means more than the life of all mankind. 

Does not a such statement portray God to be primarily concerned about him self? 

We should be able to imitate God, if the above statement was true, we could also be primarily concerned about our selves. That would make us selfish.

You see the authors of the Insight article have misunderstood the scriptures. And they draw false conclusions. The Bible does nowhere directly say what they say. Instead Jesus and the apostles tried hard to convince us people about God's surpassing love for humanity. 

Surely the WT organization's false belief about the importance of God's sanctification at any cost has contributed to their policy to keep sins commited by and within the organization confidencial. 

While in the Bible sins of God's appointed kings and his people were not held in secret. We can read about them still today in the Bible.

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

The main reason is for God to prove HE has the right to be in complete charge of all things. 

That is again a thing not found directly in the Bible. It is based on assumptions of the WT writing commitee. 

As Creator he has no need to prove his right to rule. He has the right inherently as the creator.

Instead God just had to let time go so that his purpose with the earth and mankind would accomplish. God can not force bad people to become good people. So he had to let things evolve in their pace. So that people would seriously repent and seek for God. Then he would provide help. 

God has patiently waited that 144 000 people would become qualified to take on the humanity. God does not want to force mankind to become good. So he has decided that Jesus and the 144000 will policy the mankind and force it to be good. That will result in  that much more will be rooted in righteousness. But still many will just be good as long as Jesus and the 144 000 are actively watching over them and interacting with them. 

So the delay to accomplish God's will is not because God has to prove something. Instead it is because it takes that much time for mankind to mature to holiness, even with all God's provisions and help. And God does not waist his help. He does not throw pearls to swine. Just as we also should not do as imitators of God. Matthew 7:6 

“Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.

hope you do not think that humans are the most important thing

We are so important that God sent his closest dearest only begotten Son Jesus to earth to be born here as an infant and to grow here and to become adult here and to patiently teach here for 3 and half years and to die for us in a most painful and difficult way to prove to us humans how much he loves us. In what other way could God more convincingly demonstrate his love for us than through letting his dearest son suffer so immensely for our sake? That is how we should understand the main purpose of Jesus' sufferings. Because God is love, that is his main quality. Have we not learnt that?

You see, there is this cognitive dissonance in the Watchtower, in one article they rightly teach that God is love and explain what it means and then in other articles they backpedal from that by teaching that for example Jesus' sufferings were not an expression of how much God loves us, but to prove Satan that he was a liar. And that God was after all right. No, No No the New Testament teaches that God loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten son. 

1 John 4:9  By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his only-begotten Son into the world so that we might gain life through him. 10  The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.

John 3:16  “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life

Romans 8:31 What, then, are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who will be against us? 32 Since he did not even spare his own Son but handed him over for us all, will he not also, along with him, kindly give us all other things?

This is God's word, this is what we should think about, this is how we should believe.  

We should forget about the supposed issue of Universal Sovereignty and instead focus on comprehending fully what it means that God is love. 1 John 4:8, 16

Therefore God needs to satisfy the 'minds and hearts' of all those heavenly beings once and for all time, so that rebellion will not start again. 

That is pure Watchtower speculation. I don't remember any scripture that says that directly. 

To the contrary I believe that the obedient angels love Jehovah God and have no doubts about Jehovah God.

Because love believes everything as apostle Paul wrote. 

1 Corinthians 13:7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

7 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

1 Corinthians 13:7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

And that is why I stay one of Jehovah's Witnesses .. when I know full well the unintended evil that men do, with the very best of intentions.

...... been there...

.... done that.

Damned if you do    600.jpg

4 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Basically we need to show people that God is not involved in daily life, but has a plan of action which HE will bring into play when HE is ready to do so

That would not be the whole truth. God listens to prayers and helps in various ways. Apostle Paul wrote for example that God can be involved with our daily life in a such way:

Hebrews 12:5 And you have entirely forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: “My son, do not belittle the discipline from Jehovah, nor give up when you are corrected by him; 6  for those whom Jehovah loves he disciplines, in fact, he scourges everyone whom he receives as a son.”7  You need to endure as part of your discipline. God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8  But if you have not all shared in receiving this discipline, you are really illegitimate children, and not sons. 9  Furthermore, our human fathers used to discipline us, and we gave them respect. Should we not more readily submit ourselves to the Father of our spiritual life and live? 10  For they disciplined us for a short time according to what seemed good to them, but he does so for our benefit so that we may partake of his holiness.

12 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

And that is why I stay one of Jehovah's Witnesses

And I hope you stay faithful to Jehovah God and his word no matter what. Especially now when it looks like the WT organization will not remain in its previous form. This Corona virus has already made big changes to the WT organization and it is just the beginning. Now the governments of the world have imposed many restrictions on people and this can be used to further restrict the Jehovah's witnesses. 

I belive this is just the beginning.

50 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

That's how I got the nickname "Ol' Pork Chop".

I would not disagree that the description fits, but I gave you that name and I get to say how you earned it.

Admitted, your story is better than mine, because mine doesn’t fit in all particulars.

Slow Joe used to refer to the semi-grifter preachers who set up storefront churches as ‘pork chop preachers.’ They preached just enough to keep themselves in pork chops. There was no particular judgment as to whether they were sincere or not, but the inference is that they knew just enough of the Bible to buy their pork chop and no more.

I like the description. I applied it to you. The insulting connotations really don’t fit. The home-spun seat-of-your-pants ones do.

Since I am never insulted, even when someone is trying hard to do so, when you came up with the moniker, I kinda liked it.

Sorta like when BroomHilda called all those who appreciated Trump "deplorables"..

They instantly (coming from her) took it as a badge of honor, and had "deplorable" Tee shirts and hats printed up.

However, I did not feel at the time you were trying to insult me, and that thought did not, and would never have occurred to me.

..... and, as a Barbarian, I thought it was kinda funny!

6 hours ago, Kosonen said:
9 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

The main reason is for God to prove HE has the right to be in complete charge of all things. 

That is again a thing not found directly in the Bible. It is based on assumptions of the WT writing commitee. 

The word of the Lord came to me: 17 “Son of man, while the house of Israel lived in their land, they defiled it with their conduct and actions. Their behavior before Me was like menstrual impurity. 18 So I poured out My wrath on them because of the blood they had shed on the land, and because they had defiled it with their idols. 19 I dispersed them among the nations, and they were scattered among the countries. I judged them according to their conduct and actions. 20 When they came to the nations where they went, they profaned My holy name, because it was said about them, ‘These are the people of YHWH, yet they had to leave His land in exile.’ 21 Then I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel profaned among the nations where they went.

22 “Therefore, say to the house of Israel: This is what the Lord God says: It is not for your sake that I will act, house of Israel, but for My holy name, which you profaned among the nations where you went. 23 I will honor the holiness of My great name, which has been profaned among the nations—the name you have profaned among them. The nations will know that I am YHWH”—the declaration of the Lord God—“when I demonstrate My holiness through you in their sight.

6 hours ago, Kosonen said:

So the delay to accomplish God's will is not because God has to prove something.

Why does Michael stand up in the last days?  What is the meaning of his name?  Dan 12:1

There is a rival - an idol that God's people have chosen to follow instead of the true God.  The rival is the Beast from the Sea.   It conquers God's saints by deceit.  Rev 16:13,14

They worshiped the dragon because he gave authority to the beast. And they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to wage war against him?

5 A mouth was given to him to speak boasts and blasphemies. He was also given authority to act[e][f] for 42 months. 6 He began to speak blasphemies against God: to blaspheme His name and His dwelling—those who dwell in heaven. 7 And he was permitted to wage war against the saints and to conquer them. He was also given authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation. 8 All those who live on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name was not written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slaughtered.  Rev 13:5-8

"Then war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon. The dragon and his angels also fought, 8 but he could not prevail, and there was no place for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was thrown out—the ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan,the one who deceives the whole world. He was thrown to earth, and his angels with him."  Rev 12:7-9

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.