The World News Media

Which method of execution is accurate and true? A or B?

BroRando

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which method of execution is accurate and true? A or B?

• A
    • B

a-or-b.jpg
In order for the following prophecy to be fulfilled, “He is guarding all his bones; Not one of them has been broken.” (Psalm 34:20) Which method of death is accurate and true?

Driving a nail through the hand would of broken bones. And if the nail should be placed between the fingers, the flesh would easily tear under the weight. But if a nail was driven through his flesh between the bones that surrounded the nail, not only would the prophecy be fulfilled but it would attach the body to the stauros.

Broken bones would have hasten his death and the torture would have been cut short. Jesus was already beaten, tortured, and flogged to the point of exhaustion that a bystander was compelled into service to carry his torture stake.

See X-ray...

• Views 1k
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sent a letter to the London Bethel concerning this and they basically told me to mind my own business and not to bother them. A horrible reply from so called 'brothers' in London. The reason I

Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands, When Jesus said HANDS he meant hands.  And do you think Thomas didn't know how Jesus was killed ? Thomas said HANDS whic

Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands, When Jesus said HANDS he meant hands.  And do you think Thomas didn't know how Jesus was killed ? Thomas said HANDS whic

Posted Images

I sent a letter to the London Bethel concerning this and they basically told me to mind my own business and not to bother them. A horrible reply from so called 'brothers' in London.

The reason I sent the letter was concerning that Watchtower picture ( on the right ) which is totally wrong. 

John 20 :  NWT.

24  But Thomas, one of the Twelve, who was called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. 25  So the other disciples were telling him: “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them: “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will never believe it.” 26  Well, eight days later his disciples were again indoors, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and he stood in their midst and said: “May you have peace.” 27  Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop doubting but believe.”

It seems that Watchtower writers / artists and the GB, DO NOT KNOW HANDS FROM WRISTS, AND DO NOT KNOW PLURAL FROM SINGULAR. 

And when I wrote to London Bethel they did not want to know either. 

26 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I sent a letter to the London Bethel concerning this and they basically told me to mind my own business and not to bother them. A horrible reply from so called 'brothers' in London.

The reason I sent the letter was concerning that Watchtower picture ( on the right ) which is totally wrong. 

John 20 :  NWT.

24  But Thomas, one of the Twelve, who was called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. 25  So the other disciples were telling him: “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them: “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will never believe it.” 26  Well, eight days later his disciples were again indoors, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and he stood in their midst and said: “May you have peace.” 27  Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop doubting but believe.”

It seems that Watchtower writers / artists and the GB, DO NOT KNOW HANDS FROM WRISTS, AND DO NOT KNOW PLURAL FROM SINGULAR. 

And when I wrote to London Bethel they did not want to know either. 

Handcuffs that bind the Hands.  Notice the area that is actually Bound?

handcuffs.jpg

Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands,

When Jesus said HANDS he meant hands. 

And do you think Thomas didn't know how Jesus was killed ?

Thomas said HANDS which is plural and NAILS  which is plural.  Not ONE nail through the wrists. 

The Watchtower were /are just looking for ways to pretend to be different and trying to pretend they are clever. 

But instead the Watchtower tell lies and deceive people. I'm sure there is a scripture about false prophets producing signs and wonders. Each and every lie the GB / Org tell is just more blasphemy, and they will pay the price. 

8 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands,

When Jesus said HANDS he meant hands. 

And do you think Thomas didn't know how Jesus was killed ?

Thomas said HANDS which is plural and NAILS  which is plural.  Not ONE nail through the wrists. 

The Watchtower were /are just looking for ways to pretend to be different and trying to pretend they are clever. 

But instead the Watchtower tell lies and deceive people. I'm sure there is a scripture about false prophets producing signs and wonders. Each and every lie the GB / Org tell is just more blasphemy, and they will pay the price. 

If you weren't so blinded by your unjust hatred. You could have looked up the Greek word for nails and SEEN that it actually means NAIL in singular.

Strong's Concordance
hélos: a nail
Original Word: ἧλος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: hélos
Phonetic Spelling: (hay'-los)
Definition: a nail
Usage: a nail.

16 minutes ago, BroRando said:

If you weren't so blinded by your unjust hatred. You could have looked up the Greek word for nails and SEEN that it actually means NAIL in singular.

Strong's Concordance
hélos: a nail
Original Word: ἧλος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: hélos
Phonetic Spelling: (hay'-los)
Definition: a nail
Usage: a nail.

On 7/30/2021 at 10:12 AM, BroRando said:

Now, I am quoting from the New World Translation. This translation is written or approved by the GB of the Watchtower / JW Org.  

John 20 

24  But Thomas, one of the Twelve who was called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. 25  So the other disciples were telling him: “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them: “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will never believe it.”26  Well, eight days later his disciples were again indoors, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and he stood in their midst and said: “May you have peace.” 27  Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop doubting* but believe.”

The Watchtower / GB / JW Org approve of the use of PLURAL in all of these cases. BUT you now say it should be singular for Nails. However you don't comment on the word 'Hands' that Jesus himself said. 

Tell me, in which case does your GB / Watchtower / Org tell lies. Is it in the written word of the NWT, or is it in that picture created by a W/t artist and approved of by the GB ?  Because both cannot be right. 

Some people do not believe he died on a cross, but a wooden beam/tree of some kind. Most of mainstream Christendom will state that the Jehovah's Witnesses only make remark to this, however, most Christians outside of the mainstream believe the Cross isn't what Jesus was crucified on, and that the Cross is pagan, in addition, the remark that people care more about the cross than the Christ is also noted, more so, to how it was involved with various things and persons, namely, Constantine.

It also proves problematic because the pagan roots are so visible, people often equate Christianity to paganism, on the other side of the spectrum, Freemasons themselves have also adopted the cross in order to adhere to their blood oaths to gain converts.

Unfortunately you can't find a lot of information on this because many articles and videos are flooded with anything pertaining to this with JWs, via by former JWs, as is with Trinitarians, Baptists, etc. In turn, Atheists and the Irreligious will use said information to attack everyone, despite some of them use the cross in form of a black mass type affiliation, Satanism, putting it up side down; even worse if the Orobous is included. To some level, you can even find some Muslims and Jews calling out the pagan roots of the cross, and even addressing people worship the cross more than God himself.

Also as for hands and wrists:

Crownjewel82 from CSE - The word used in the Bible can mean any part of the hand or arm. People who study crucifixion in general found that the nails most often went through the wrist and that the weight of the body would cause the nail to tear through the flesh of the hand as is most commonly depicted in Christian art. Thus, a fairly common view is that the nails actually went through the wrist.

Notes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion#Nail_placement

Common view, even more so regardless if Cross or Stake in discussion in various communities.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:30 PM, Pudgy said:

The story is probably apocryphal, but there is a story of Thomas and Jesus going to a hotel in Bethlehem, and they walked in the front door, Thomas put four large metal spikes on the counter and asked the desk clerk “Can you put us up for the night?“. 

Well that might not be as as overly exaggerated compared to this -  Jesus becoming Ant-Man, growing like that of a giant, and a wooden inanimate cross comes to life like that of a beauty and a beast type manner, rushing out the tomb being Jesus, bursting into song of praises, proclaiming the Christ (The Giant Jesus and the Talking Cross - The Gospel of Peter).

This apocryphal text is like something straight out of low tier comic book for all sense is thrown out of the window.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.