The World News Media

VISITING OLD OR SICK ONES THAT YOU KNOW, IN THE CONGREGATION OR NOT.

Some news has just come to me about a JW man (whom I would have once called a brother) that I spent a lot of time with, until he was told not to spend time with me. He was in his mid 80's and on lots of meds' for heart problems etc. He has died in hospital. But if the information is correct, he fell down at his home, was unable to get up, and was not discovered for some time. He was 'old', he was ill, and death happens. But if he had still been in contact with me I may have found him much sooner and he may have lived longer. 

I'm not angry, I'm not sad, even with all his health problems, he had a good long life and kept himself happy even after his wife had died a few years before..

What this topic is for is to ask ALL of you. If you know of someone that may be 'fragile' in any way, or may just need comfort, Please visit them. Please help them to feel safe and wanted.

• Views 517
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am fragile but not so old.   I will only need attention when I am unable to walk.  Many elderly people go through the same with their children popping in every other day or so.  My children are in o

I do this all the time. It is a Famila thing, well a Latino thing. But visiting tends to be more than just checking up on someone's health but to keep them company, even reaching out if need be. Since

I have been to your country and seen first hand the very very strong family bond and decency between you all..it made me sad….and when I came home I could see our arrogance and lack of love between al

1 hour ago, Equivocation said:

The only person tough to visit is my other uncle who lives in the middle of nowhere, like Log Cabin life. You can only reach him by phone. This guy jokes that he fights bears lol 😆 

Now that would be great for a weekend trip in a 4x4 vehicle. And I bet he has some interesting stories he could tell. 

3 hours ago, Equivocation said:

I do this all the time. It is a Famila thing, well a Latino thing. But visiting tends to be more than just checking up on someone's health but to keep them company, even reaching out if need be. Since I am among the youngest of my family, we've been taught that we jot only respect and honor our elders but to visit and talk with them. My father has taught us this and encourage myself and my relatives to do the same because he wants the family and their inner circle to be well connected. He isn't a fan of how some Families in America operate. So regardless if someone is a brother or not, we make the effort to visit physically or over the phone even run errands if anything. In my case family and friends live in the same area very close.

Also not sure if anyone mentioned this, it is also good to visit even younger ones too because mentally they're fragile.

The only person tough to visit is my other uncle who lives in the middle of nowhere, like Log Cabin life. You can only reach him by phone. This guy jokes that he fights bears lol 😆 

I have been to your country and seen first hand the very very strong family bond and decency between you all..it made me sad….and when I came home I could see our arrogance and lack of love between all ….I love the respect you all seem to give automatically to the aged…..

4 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Now that would be great for a weekend trip in a 4x4 vehicle. And I bet he has some interesting stories he could tell. 

He cultivates off the land because how he was raised, in his eyes it is better to not be tied down by things that majority of people are attached to, like debt. Even in my case there's Student Loan debt which isn't fun depending on how high you go up the Educational Food Chain. My Dad is similar in a way but he learned Trades at an early age so he eas able to manage, he prefers to live a simple life. Although he gives examples to me and others in my family of Bible Principles to apply, he was very clear on how debt and other things can push you down hard. Something I work to apply. I can't speak for my other peers tho because there's some who pay an insane amount of money for college, some of them can't pay it back and Interest creeps around d the corner. 

2 hours ago, Thinking said:

I have been to your country and seen first hand the very very strong family bond and decency between you all..it made me sad….and when I came home I could see our arrogance and lack of love between all ….I love the respect you all seem to give automatically to the aged…..

Yeah, that is why a family bond needs to be strong. Some family members have differences but at the end of the day the bond needs to be there so there needs to be a compromise. 

12 hours ago, Equivocation said:

money for college, some of them can't pay it back and Interest creeps around d the corner. 

That is why I firmly believe in vocational training. This is still the best education to prepare for life in a cheap effective way.  University is a brainwashing farce these days.  Even science is no longer science as we knew it.

Most of the best science research is done by the top echelons and is done almost in secret by university departments who are doing outsourced work for DARPA and similar organizations. They are heavily funded by interests who patent their findings immediately and keep it secret.

Tell me, what is 100 labs in other countries doing when they are secretly funded by USA government ? Is if a form of outsourcing of experiments not allowed under US law? Or is it done to hide US involvement? 

The generic degrees are useless....real science is outsourced or secret ... so rather take a vocational course.

15 hours ago, Equivocation said:

My Dad is similar in a way but he learned Trades at an early age so he eas able to manage

I would have given a lot to be taught a trade at a younger age. My dad, who was raised on a farm and was reasonably handy, fixing own cars, building additions to the house, never taught or directed me that way. I’m not really sure why. It may be that he bought into the new hoopla that college is the way to go so that you can hire “underlings” to do all those things while you live the life better than that of your parents.. I did not particularly do well in college, having no idea why I was there. The lack of a specific skill caused me difficulties much of my life.

“How come you never taught me how to fix things?” I said to him when he was near 90. “I did,” the amiable fellow replied. “You just weren’t paying attention that day.”

@Equivocation This is similar to us Caribbean Islanders, culture and adhering to it, in combination of faith embolden us. A connect family is like that of a Shield of which nothing can break it, although when it comes to misdeeds and ill action by some, such a shield needs to be polished, in a sense, some come to be repentant of their actions. In regards to culture, all things must be upheld to an honorable level, and to hate what is deemed dishonorable.

Outside of helping family, those close to me I help out when I can, more even, if I am in the area, as is with allies, in one situation regarding a girl with Leukemia. Granted the situation of things today, as is prior, I tend to give insight on factual information on how to handle situations should the situation calls for it, something I pass on to friends and family, as is provide examples from the Bible.

For teaching the generation that is to come, passing knowledge is vital, for it is best for them to take in such knowledge from the family, for In-House Education from a strong family is extremely valuable, enables a child to be righteous as they get older.

On 4/5/2022 at 6:27 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

I would have given a lot to be taught a trade at a younger age. My dad, who was raised on a farm and was reasonably handy, fixing own cars, building additions to the house, never taught or directed me that way. I’m not really sure why. It may be that he bought into the new hoopla that college is the way to go so that you can hire “underlings” to do all those things while you live the life better than that of your parents.. I did not particularly do well in college, having no idea why I was there. The lack of a specific skill caused me difficulties much of my life.

“How come you never taught me how to fix things?” I said to him when he was near 90. “I did,” the amiable fellow replied. “You just weren’t paying attention that day.”

The fact you mention this reminds me of what I made aware of concerning some young people of this generation. There was conservation that Gen Zers will make things problematic in the long run, the majority, can't speak for the minority that had In-House Education. There was a video a girl making a to Crickets (yes insects) to stop bothering her, and she thinks it is bad luck to remove them because the day she did it, more invaded her house. Another, who didn't know how to use a can opener, and spent 45-50 mins trying to open a can then giving up.

The thing is, Higher Education does not teach common sense, or Education that is based In-Home. Let alone finance, for recently, I think Florida is going to add this form of money education into the school system, which is already tainted.

That being said, I myself, is noted as a Millennial, however, granted of my upbringing, learning In-House Education was a primary thing, vastly different from the common Millennial who was raised in an American Household which didn't apply such In-House Education.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.